Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
theboss

WHAT TO EXPECT FROM RETIN-A-MICRO??

Well my doctor prescribed me on retin-a-mirco .04 about a month ago and minocyclin well ive been using the minocyclin the whole time but for the first week of retin-a-micro my skin totally went dry... i mean DRY! well im having thoughts of trying to go back on it again... i have very mild acne but im so self contious looking at all my friends who have no kind of acne it just sucks :( and im wondering what to expect on a weekly basis.. like week one... week two... thanks! :doubt:

your face will break out initially, but i would recommend using benzaclin along with it during the dar. this worked for a while for me.

ok how long do you think it will take to see results for retin-a-mircro i have about 2 pimples on my chin and quite a few marks from exisiting acne??

You could see results as early as six weeks into treatment, but most don't see the full effect until after 12 weeks of consecutive use.

What you are calling "dryness" is actually a dead layer of skin flaking off. It's supposed to do that. It means the stuff is working.

Retin A speeds up skin cell turnover from 30-35 days to only 5-6 days. You will see two unpleasant side effects as a result: the flaking skin as the old cells die off, and possible breakouts as anything clogging your pores is forced to the surface. (That's why your doc gave you the antibiotic: to help control the initial breakout.)

I find gentle exfoliation to be enormously helpful with both side effects. It gets the flakes off your face, and clears the pores at the surface so that the old comedones can get out.

After the first 2-3 months, things should settle down quite a lot. Just be patient, follow the directions, and stick with it.

Q