Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
theboss

EVER THOUGHT ABOUT GOING COLDTURKEY STYLE?

WELL IVE BEEN ON THE BP FOR ABOUT 2 3/4 COMING ON 3 WEEKS NOW AND IM WONDERING I NEVER DID MUCH TO MY FACE BEFORE[iM ONLY 15]WHEN I WAS 14 ISH MAYBE ITS JUS MY TEENAGING I DONT KNOW BUT HAVE U GUYS EVER THOUGHT ABOUT JUST PUTTING DOWN ALL THIS BP AND ALL THIS AND JUST TRYIN TO USE LIKE A CETAPHIL BAR OF SOAP OR SOMETHING?? PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE GOT BECUASE I THINK I MIGHT TRY THIS ONE... :hand:

WELL IVE BEEN ON THE BP FOR ABOUT 2 3/4 COMING ON 3 WEEKS NOW AND IM WONDERING I NEVER DID MUCH TO MY FACE BEFORE[iM ONLY 15]WHEN I WAS 14 ISH MAYBE ITS JUS MY TEENAGING I DONT KNOW BUT HAVE U GUYS EVER THOUGHT ABOUT JUST PUTTING DOWN ALL THIS BP AND ALL THIS AND JUST TRYIN TO USE LIKE A CETAPHIL BAR OF SOAP OR SOMETHING?? PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE GOT BECUASE I THINK I MIGHT TRY THIS ONE... :hand:

I'm tempted to try this too. I've been using benzoyl peroxide cream for awhile now and I always wonder how my skin would look if I stopped and just continued with a cleanser/moisturizer regimen.

There's always 2 sides to weigh: one is that the benzoyl peroxide is just keeping you in an acne cycle of clearing.. then breaking out.. then clearing..., and the other is that the benzoyl peroxide actually works and keeps your skin looking better than it would've looked without it.

I question BP when I have those odd pimples that pop up from time to time. When these come, I wonder if they're a consequence of using so many facial products. :confused: I would love to be able to just wash my face with a simple facial bar, moisturize, and be on my way.

I have a friend who I've known for almost 10 years and I've never seen her with a pimple EVER. I recently casually asked her what she uses to wash her face and she said, "Why? I don't use anything to wash my face..." I wanted to pass out.

My face is clear now so I probably won't try and stop using BP soon, but has anyone ever successfully cut off using BP? I certainly don't want to depend on it for the rest of my life!

....let me add to the "I think about it, wonder about it, but haven't found the courage to try it!" camp.

Teplo, how long did you try it for? I think that's interesting that you had the courage to try it at all!

yea seoirusly like i envy all my friends who just put soap on wash it off and walk outside with clear ass skin its fking bulls*it almost huh ahha but all these products and money we're spending have got to have some longterm effect I mean common applying BP and all that it burns for a damn reason you know..??

I've done it for a few days.. it's always after I get great success on the regimen and I think "I'm cured! I don't need BP anymore!" and then it turns out to be a terrible idea..

I started getting acne when I was in 9th grade and I just used whatever my mom got me. Like neutrogena SA wash and other stuff. That never really worked. Then I started putting BP cream on after washing my face and that seemed to help a bit but I was still breaking out. Eventually I came here (in 10th grade) and found dan's regime so I decided to give it a shot and it worked pretty great but my face was allways really red and being a guy it was a pain in the ass to spend 30min showering and putting stuff on my face. I then found botchla's regime and at first I was kind of scared to try it because at this point my face was clear from the bp. But I thought it was an interesting concept and it would save me a lot of time in the long run. It seemed fine for a week and then I broke out pretty badly, but everyone said you had to use it for a month to see results so I kept washing with clean and clear black head scrub followed by bp. I did this once in the morning and once at night and after the initial breakout my face started to get clear again. My ultimate goal was to use as few products as possible, so I began experimenting. I figured I would be the dirtiest at the end of the day so at night I used both SA and BP wash, but in the morning I only used the SA wash and believe it or not I didn't break out after two weaks. I waited another two weaks and my skin was still doing really well, with only the occasional pimple. I began to get gutsy and decided to wash with SA at night (to get all the dirt and oil off) and BP in the morning and again I found that I didn't break out. Most recently (about 3 months ago) I cut BP completely out. I now wash my face twice a day with the SA scrub and my face feels great. It is no longer red and it actually looks like skin should look like. The reason I decided to go with the SA is because my face gets really oily so i figured as long as I got rid of the oil, acne woulnd't be much of a problem. I did try washing with just a gentle cleanser, but I started to break out so that stopped. Right now I can keep my face completely clear washing it twice a day with the SA scrub, but if I go for more than 14 hours without washing it, I start to get pimples. The next step is to get rid of the oil. Sorry for the long post, but hopefully this helps some people.

In my opinion, wasting your money on all this BP and shit is stupid. Go cold turkey on the products that claim to get rid of acne.

Drink lots of water, have some green tea, exfoliate your skin every other day (wash NO MORE THAN ONCE A DAY) and put jojoba oil on your face, it will improve your conditions.

I used to be the same way, the uncomfortable BP at night, dry flakey skin. Now i get 1 or 2 small pimples a month.

After a few years of using BP I just recently said enough is enough. I know that tanning will keep my skin 99% clear. I gave up on BP and I just go tanning now, it's really the same as the UV light therapy. I use only gentle and natural products now. So far it seems to be working great.

As far as quitting everything...well...you will end up coming back to the BP within a week when your entire face starts to break out. Try to find something better, there is no need to quit everything though.

After a few years of using BP I just recently said enough is enough. I know that tanning will keep my skin 99% clear. I gave up on BP and I just go tanning now, it's really the same as the UV light therapy. I use only gentle and natural products now. So far it seems to be working great.

As far as quitting everything...well...you will end up coming back to the BP within a week when your entire face starts to break out. Try to find something better, there is no need to quit everything though.

I don't know if it's true but I did have a major teeth surgery 5 months ago because puss seemed to rummage my molars and had to sedate me to really get it out. So my face was exposed for about 45 minutes in a high heat light panel that the dentist used. For 5 days after the surgery, my face was totally clear of acne. I don't know if it was a miracle but I think total high light exposure killed the bacteria somehow in some areas of my face. Because my cheeks got a little bit darker and that is the most area pimples usually affect my face. And for 5 days it was clear...

I got off the Regimen and quit BP...but I didn't just quit "cold turkey"...I slowly used less & less over a period of a month. I started exfoliating with a simple face cleanser, and I suffered no BP related breakouts.

If the products you're using, are doing more harm than good, then I'd say quiting them will be good, and your skin will imrpove.

However using nothing on your face, isn't the answer in my opinion.

We need something to unclog the oil, dirt etc from our skin.

Yeah about a couple months ago I stopped using Tazorac because it wasn't really doing anything and I thought having pimples is better than having this dry flaky skin all the time. Now I'm just using Cetaphil and Neutrogena oil free acne wash and just recently I started using Provon which works great. I'm just sticking to face wash and nothing else. I'm taking b5 and that has helped me so much. My only problem is I wash 3 times a day but I'm trying to cut down. I'm really starting to believe that using all those acne products for 5 years is what was making my acne worse and my skin super oily. My brother and sister never use soaps on their face and their skin was never as oily or as bad as mine.

If you've been consistently using BP, then YES you will breakout when you stop it, but you can't expect your skin to revert back to a normal state right away. I quit BP and it sucked at first, but a few months later you will see a difference or at least a more accurate account of what your skin will look like without BP, on it's own essentially.

I quit using BP for about six week towards the end of last summer. I had given up on Proactiv early last summer, when my acne all of a sudden seemed to worsen (after 5 years of mild acne I began to get cysts and about 85% of my face was covered). I tried Dan's regimen for about 6 weeks and it did cut down on my inflammatory acne by about 80%, but caused a case of grade 4 xerosis (flacking, peeling and, cracking) I couldn't open my mouth for about a week. When my skin began to crack (drawing blood) I quit BP cold turkey. It took a couple weeks to fully recover from the dryness, but I didn't go back any acne treatment for at least a few more weeks. Slowly but surely my acne retuened. Afer a month It was just as bad as it was befor I tried Dan's regimen. I was expecting it. I knew I had a derm appointment and I wanted my derm to see my "real" acne, not what it looks like on BP.....

I'm so much cleared now, and I know I'll have to use this stuff for the rest of my life.......

I don't use any BP or SA.. I just use baking soda, ACV, and the egg/lemon mask.

I'm want to go out and find a gentle cleanser and eucerin moisturizer.

I go cold turkey, sometimes rubbing olive oil on my face, just washing my face with water. If i didn't pick, my skin woukd be better. I'm 13 so our acne is similar. Everyone should be putting down unnaturual products on your face, its not how god intended it and all it does is dry out your skin and the results are not permanent and its expensive.

starting tomorrow im buying aloe vera gel for my face (100% organic and naturual), aloe vera water to drink, im also starting to change around my diet for my skin and drinking more water and taking zinc. Its alot of work but if it'll help my skin, i dont mind. Plus its healthier for me anyway.

I can't go cold turkey. I've tried many times and as a result, my skin only got worse. :doh:

Now I suffer the consequences :(