Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnemom

Waiting 15 minutes to apply BP?

I've been on the regimen for about 2 months and all my zits have cleared up. The question I have is does everyone wait 15 minutes to apply the BP? My face is dry after about 5 minutes and I've started to apply it then. I've noticed that my face is way less flaky. But maybe it's not absorbing as good and I'll break out (I've been doing it for about a week and haven't broken out). Does anybody know why your face should be completely dry before adding BP? I mean, mine feels dry after 5 minutes but maybe its not completely dry or something and that's why my face isn't so flaky. Anyways, just wanted to know if any of you wait just a few minutes and if it works for you. Thanks!

I wait usually 5-10 mins. This is generally enough time to be totally dry, unless it is super humid weather, lol.

Guest PokaHotAz

i dont take my chances i always wait 15 mins.. sometimes time will fly and its 20-25 mins... :doubt:

I wait 5 - 10 minutes, my face is dry by then, time will very depending on your skin type, but if you feel yours is dry, slap on that BP!

Guest PokaHotAz
:D ... :sneaky: well ok then !!!!! lol

I actually get away with applying the BP shortly after I wash my face. I thoroughly pat my face dry with a towel after I wash it, and then I apply the BP shortly after without waiting. As long as there isn't any water left on my face, the BP seems to go on fine. If there is any water left, it feels much runnier when I spread it out, so I make sure that my face is completely dry. I do wait about 10-15 minutes before applying moisturizer after applying BP, though.

I use the purpose gentle cleanser... wait about 5 minutes or so and put on the bp for 5 minutes at most... then usually wait 10 minutes for it to dry, then put on the moisturizer

I clense pat dry with towel, use a tonner then i just wait about 30 secs or so and slap that BP. Then i only wait about 2-6 mins to put on that moisturizer. thats me though!

i usally wait about 10-15 minutes after cleansing to put the BP on..and another 10 min or so after the bp to apply to the moisurizer..however.i have not experimented with shorter times yet...but i really do'nt think it will be a problem for u if u only wait 5 minutes til you apply...

Like most people here have mentioned, I wait 5-10 minutes and then apply BP. Sometimes longer than that if I get distracted. I always wait at least 10 minutes before applying moisturizer.