Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kidz12345

The food you eat with your tane?

Well, im getting kind of scared. I dont really take my pill with big fatty food, like.. what kind of food is fatty and good to take your pill with?

I take my pills at 5:30PM. Usually with supper, but I just make w/e I want for supper, sometimes its like.. pizza pockets, grilled cheese, and stuff like that. Is that okay to take with the pills?

thnx!

pizza pockets and grilled cheese sound pretty fatty, which is good [the one time you'll hear anyone say that lol!]... i make a point of having something fatty wheni take my tane, since i know its a vit A derivative/relative which is a fat soluble vitamin. i dont really know how much or anything, i mean you could always take a tbsb [or however much you want] of olive oil like a shot. kind of gross but its good for you. also watch your bad fats if your blood tests are borderline bad, stick to mono and polyunsaturateds for the most part.

Ah thnx. I always though I wasnt taking it with the right food, but I guess I am. I heard milk is good to take with it as well. I'm going to start taking it with that as well.

i usually take my tane with milk. it is easier than having to worry about what kind of food i eat with it. gotta love the tane! almost 4 weeks into it!

On my box it said take with food or milk. I normally just eat whatever for dinner, then afterwards take the pill with an entire glass of milk. My lips are chapped after one week so Im guessing its working well enough.

I would think you would want to get a lot of essential fatty acids (EFAs) in your diet if you're on 'tane ... these reinforce your skin's lipid barrier to keep moisture in.

You want to get the omega 3s, 6s, and 9s in a certain ratio, so I recommend "Total EFA" capsules ... that way you automatically are getting what you need of each type.

Q

Its hard for me to take it properly.

I don't eat any dairy products.

My biggest meal of the day is a cracker.

Maybe 'cause I'm a cracker.

Basically, as long as you take it with a meal, your gravy. If that meal happens to be sushi, well, even that is better than nothing. Just don't take it on an empty stomach.

Your absorption is more than doubled when taken with a "standardized high fat meal." Whatever that is. Don't take it with cereal and skim milk if you have the choice of taking it with a meal that contains some fat.