Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dan, tell me about this moisturizer.

So, when can I expect this new moisturizer of yours to be available? You didn't let me down with the BP gel, so I'm expecting the moisturizer to be great also.

How strong is the scent? I'm sure it's "fragrance free" but I have found some fragrance free moisturizers that have a very powerful chemical scent. I'm very careful about what I put on my face now, I went through an incident where a girl was about to kiss me and she stopped and said I smelled "like a pool" (BP). I would rather have a weaker moisturizer if that keeps the scent and "grease factor" to a minimum. I'm willing to bet this is a high priority with many other members as well.

Hi Timbo,

I'm not Dan, but he did update me on the progress of the products so I think I can answer this for you.

The moisturizer is still in the formulation phase, and we're still awaiting another sample to try, so it is still several months away. Whenever they come up with the perfect formula, Dan is going to put out a non-spf version first. It will be fragrance free, but since the actual formula hasn't been decided upon, not sure how the end product will actually "smell".

Hmmm....everything happens in slow motion it seems, including this cleanser and moisturizer we've been hearing about for monthes.

yep, there's alot to coordinate. Dan was telling me he has to first approve a formula, which involves trialing several different formulations and sending them out to others to try too, then have the lables, bottles, pumps, etc. coordinated and prepared. It's a very detailed process, he can only go as fast as his manufacturers can do this.

Hang tight, it'll be worth the wait!

Tell me about it Loud Toyz. It does happen oh so slowly. The cleanser will most likely come out first. But like Brandy's sayin', we have to coordinate about a million people. Right now the bottles have been extruded, and the labels are going to the printer today which supposedly takes 5-10 days to get them printed out. I've learned that you always double what people say, so probably a month for that. Then we just have to wait on the pumps which I ordered about 3 weeks ago and take 2 months to make. Once they're made we can start filling.

As far as the moisturizer goes, we'd be much farther along except Brandy and I decided we weren't quite happy with the last formula so I asked to sample something different. I really love it, but it wasn't quite perfect, so they're making another sample for us this week that we should be able to start trying next week. And on and on it goes...

Hey, can somebody post that it's ok, I can take as long as needed so long as the products rock? I'd love to hear that even if you're just repeating what I am saying. lol. It stresses me out knowing you guys are waiting and I'm taking so long. Aw....poor me ;)

Hey, can somebody post that it's ok, I can take as long as needed so long as the products rock? I'd love to hear that even if you're just repeating what I am saying. lol. It stresses me out knowing you guys are waiting and I'm taking so long. Aw....poor me ;)

Just tell them this, Dan: "You can't rush perfection." I think we waited even longer for you to finally get the BP gel idea off of the ground, but in the end the product was worth it and you made a lot of people happy.

I did not mean to sound negative earlier, I just remember the months of waiting when the BP Gel was being developed and I hope the cleanser/moistuerizer appears sooner than later but I know the wait will be worth it, my hat's off to Dan for all his effort in helping us all deal with this dreaded condition known as Acne!

I really need a new moisturizer and I feel like I'm coming close to exhausting the already existing options, but I would rather you take a lot of time in coming up with it and get it right than put something out there that doesn't make me feel like your BP gel does.