Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
queengodiva

Been on Differin for 8 weeks

Hi everyone, I have been on differin for about 8 weeks and I am still breaking out in small bumps. I have mild-moderate acne with clogged pores and a tendency to pick(tryin g to stop):) I rarely have cysts but I have a lot of little bumps/clogged pores. I was using moisturizer but have since stopped because my proes seemed clogged but now my skin is really dry. Any experiences with differin/advice would be most appreciated-I am getting a bit discouraged ! Thanks!

Anyone?

Hey! I just joined this thing, and I am currently using Differin myself. Ive been using it for the past 3 months, and I see NO change whatsoever. Ive been doing everything my dermatologist is telling me to, but it just seems to be getting worse. I also have a tendency to pick and touch my face only cuz it hurts so much. Its a bad habit I am trying to break. But so far I do NOT like differin at all. I see my dermatologist this next week, so im hoping he will give me something better. but i have also used Retin A and that stuff just made my face peel like crazy and it was really red and it hurt like no other! so i was only on that stuff for about a week. i have really sensitive and oily skin, so its been a tough road for me so far. good luck!

Thanks for the reply-I'm sorry it isn't working fo ryou either! I hope you fidn something when you go to visit your derm. I tried rein a as well adn it was to strong for my face-I was so red and my skin looked terrible. Maybe I will go to the derm as well-I'm just very discouraged at the moment!

Don't give up on Differin. From your post it doesn't look like you're on Anti biotics. Anti- biotics is a must at least for me. Differin and topicals in general are slow. When you use anti biotics like Doxy for me, my acne started to clear super fast when I was on Differin. And it took me more than 3 months to start seeing results.

At first when I went on Differin last year, my derm. didn't give me anti biotics right away. After about 6-8 weeks of slow results on Differin alone, he gave me Doxy and about a month after of doxy, I started to see real results.

Yeah, you need to hang in there.

My derm started to give me Minocycline a month after i was on Differin..

And a month later after I was on Differin & Minocycline, I started to see results.

I still have acne scars, but my face is really smooth..

Yeah..people said it takes more than 3 months to see results..

Maybe you need to ask antibiotics from your derm?

Coz my derm also mentioned that Differin alone is not enough.

Thanks for the reply-I'm sorry it isn't working fo ryou either! I hope you fidn something when you go to visit your derm. I tried rein a as well adn it was to strong for my face-I was so red and my skin looked terrible. Maybe I will go to the derm as well-I'm just very discouraged at the moment!

That's the tradeoff between Retin A and Differin, I think ... Retin A is more effective but more irritating. Many derms prescribe oral and topical antibiotics to get you through the purging period with any of the retinoids & similar topicals, so I think it's worth going back to see yours ... or even call the office and see if they'll call in a prescription for you right away. If you tell them you are breaking out and concerned about scarring, they might get right on it for you.

I'm currently on week 6, and finally clear. I've also been using duac in the AM, and for the last 10 days, minocycline. I'm not sure why I'm clear, or if it's permanent, but I hope so!

My skin also seems smoother, and has a nice tan look. Anyone else look tan? I think it's from the duac. It doesn't bother me, it's just strange. I always wear 50 spf, and don't really spend time in the sun. . .

hi everyone, thanks for the replys-took me a while to check the board. It's so nice to have so many knowledgeable people to give ideas and advice!! My skin became more clear for a week or so but has gone back to crap again the past few days. For some reason my forhead and chin give me the worst time. I have lttle bumps on my forehead again-grrr! Everything else is alright-I thought about doing antibiotics but I get a lotoof the side effects. I was thinking of using a OTC BP wash -as leaving BP on all day irritates me-anyone have any ideas? Thank you for all the help!!!

Hi everyone, I have been on differin for about 8 weeks and I am still breaking out in small bumps. I have mild-moderate acne with clogged pores and a tendency to pick(tryin g to stop):) I rarely have cysts but I have a lot of little bumps/clogged pores. I was using moisturizer but have since stopped because my proes seemed clogged but now my skin is really dry. Any experiences with differin/advice would be most appreciated-I am getting a bit discouraged ! Thanks!

heyy =) i'm on differin too, but i'm using it with benzaclin (alternating one in the morning and one at night) and its been working really well for me. i was put on differin after being on benzaclin for a while though- so i think it just sort of helped me along more. i personally think it works best with something else, and topicals can take a little while (the benzaclin took about one to two months to really start clearing)