Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but here I go... I just need to vent. Why, oh why, is acne considered a "cosmetic" issue and therefore not covered by insurance?! This is seriously rediculous. :rolleyes: Any other skin problem is covered- excema, psoriasis, and any other skin condition you can think of. It makes me pretty angry, how about you?

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but here I go... I just need to vent. Why, oh why, is acne considered a "cosmetic" issue and therefore not covered by insurance?! This is seriously rediculous. :rolleyes: Any other skin problem is covered- excema, psoriasis, and any other skin condition you can think of. It makes me pretty angry, how about you?

Can you be more specific? My insurance covers me for my derm visits, acne surgery (you know professional zit popping), as well as my prescriptions (antib's, accutane, all topicals..etc).

What is considered cosmetic are laser resurfacing, blue light, you know things of that nature.

A-

Can you be more specific? My insurance covers me for my derm visits, acne surgery (you know professional zit popping), as well as my prescriptions (antib's, accutane, all topicals..etc).

What is considered cosmetic are laser resurfacing, blue light, you know things of that nature.

A-

+1 on that

I don't know of any insurance plan that doesn't cover dermatology appointments, unless they are for cosmetic things such as laser resurfacing or other types of scar treatment.

you just have to ask your derm to take a second and mark down on their chart [its a checkbox list of what tehy want to bill you as having had done] that it was a PAINFUL or ITCHY condition, bring some sort of physical pain into it [which you probably have as well] or maybe psychologically damaging condition [dont know if this will work] and insurance has to cover it. or if the derm is especially cooperative they'll bill whatever they do as an office visit, and you dont have to deal with it becaues all insurances cover derm office visits.