Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dusta

BRILLIANT REGIMEN!! I'm totally clear!!!

I used to keep a log but I have been totally slack recently, so now I am adding my 2 cents worth.

I got pics that you can check out.

I had a real hard time at the start of the regimen, I had extreme flakiness, stinging, redness etc. I was totally miserable for the first 2 weeks and wanted to hide my flakey face away. It was worse on my cheeks and chin, which are on the dry side normally. I had to start with tiny amounts of bp initially, to get myself used to it.

It didn't take long for the pimples to go down. The zits that I did get were not as fierce, but the odd fierce one that I did get would leave a red mark that took forever to fade. I was despairing at times but it has been over 6 months now and all my red marks have since faded :D (so don't worry, they WILL fade. And don't bother about trying to add stuff to make them fade. The best thing I found was exercise, you couldn't see my red marks if I had a red face :lol: )

I had such a problem controlling the dryness that I was experiencing from the regimen. This was the main issue I had with it, cos I didn't have much problem with zits coming up after a couple of months. That is all fixed now though, I just had to experiment with different moisturisers to find one that worked best for me (I got about 6 half empty bottles in my drawer now).

I am totally stoked to have found this regimen. I wish I had known about it when my acne started getting bad and I could have saved myself years of self esteem issues. I have a CLEAR face now, and I am used to having a clear face. If I get a zit coming up now, I usually have to think: have I been doing anything I shouldn't? not doing the regimen properly? adding in something that didn't agree? ...etc For example a few week ago I started getting bumpy skin around my eyes, which I traced back to the eye cream my mum had given me (it was expensive so I thought it would be good).

So that is my experience. I have actually tailored the regimen to suit me a bit more (a trial and error thing, if I got zits coming up that means I couldn't change that particular step).

SO I have to say this regimen is totally AWESOME. A lot of people seem to give up when it gets tough, which is usually right at the start, or when a big breakout comes along. Some people just get finicky, like they are totally clear, but they complain about red marks, or dryness (like I did), or bleaching, or the time it takes to do.......etc :rolleyes::rolleyes:

THANKYOU SO MUCH DAN, I AM SO THANKFUL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE :clap::clap::dance::dance::wub:

Dusta,

this is so good to hear! I do remember your struggles early on. So glad you made it through and are having such fantastic results. This will help encourage others I think.

Congratulations, Dusta!

I, too, am a bit mad at myself for not doing any research until just recently discovering the regimen (almost 2 months for me now). All it took was one google search.

When I get clear, hmmmm...... I should probably create a thank-you thread for Dan myself..... hoping for the best.

Congrats Dusta and WELL DONE for sticking to it.

This is my second time around, I quit the first time, becuase it cleared me within a week, and then my skin went worse, so I assumed it stopped working, silly huh?

This time I am on week 3, again I cleared instantly, then broke out, but that's pretty much clearing now, thank god.

Good luck Greg, fingers cross for the two of us, and all those still in the early stages.

Congrats Dusta and WELL DONE for sticking to it.

This is my second time around, I quit the first time, becuase it cleared me within a week, and then my skin went worse, so I assumed it stopped working, silly huh?

This time I am on week 3, again I cleared instantly, then broke out, but that's pretty much clearing now, thank god.

Good luck Greg, fingers cross for the two of us, and all those still in the early stages.

Thanks! I will have my fingers crossed all day long if that helps any more! :D

yeah.... those breakouts while on the regimen can be so frustrating- i hear that the skin is just purging out the dead acne or something and that's why you're still breaking out. so after it's done purging, that's when the thing should be really working.

Hey Dusta. So cool to see your gallery. I always enjoyed your posts in the regimen logs forum. You're hilarious. And now you look as fabulous as you are :)