Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So many people have different opinions of whether or not they use moisturizer, with or without SPF, or not.

For those who are - cause of general advice, or a specific regimen?

If you're not moisturizing, is it for a specific reason?

Trying to figure out why there are alot of different opinions on this subject.

thanks.

I have oily skin with dry patches, so I only moisturize when the skin feels dry. But you're right, it is a very personalized, person - to - person thing.

Guest Akira

my moisturiser has SPF 15 in it, but it makes my face go pasty white if i put it on

I always do. My sunblock has SPF 30 with moisterizers and zinc. At night I put on a chamomile moisterizer. Sometimes I put on a thick moisterizer that contains shea and cocoa butter, it leaves my skin real soft and it smells great, like vanilla.

I'm just scared...u know I tired a few they made me..oily and burny adn I believe broke me out

I have the oilest skin in the history of the world, so I don't moisturize. I am on Accutane, so in a few weeks I will probably be moisturizing.

When I am out in the sun I will put on an spf, but no lotion.

I hate moisturizer! I have oily skin but also really dry skin. It has like dry patches and right now it's kinda flaky but it still manages to get oily. I only use moisturizer if I absolutely have to but for some reason I feel gross everytime I use it. I just hate it being on my face.

I use it everyday, twice a day. My morning one has SPF 15 in it and I use a night one. I would never ever go without moisturizing.

i have the same shit skin where parts are dry (from BP usage) and it gets really fucking oily too.

I used to use neutrogena oil free with spf, but it left me greasy, i also tried out dove daily face lotion and that was greasy as hell, and im gona test out olay sensitive daily face lotion with spf tomorrow and see how it looks...

Im not sure what else to try..maybe eucerin?

I use one mostly for the SPF...you really need to use SPF these days, esp. if you've been on accutane.

In the summer I use a pure SPF-no lotion, and in winter Neutrogena Moisture SPF 15.

Sunscreen is a must for me. Ive always been told that you need to use sunscreen every day (especially if you are using products that make your skin more sensitive to the sun). Finding the right one was the hard part since I have oily skin. I've been having good luck with MD formulations. I don't moisturize at night though...i use an Aha lotion which is moisturizing enough :)