Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
White

Do u talk 2 ur clear skinned friends?

I have 1 person in my city who i consider a true friend. We've been homies are like 5 years now.

Every so often he gets a spot but its nothin noticeable.

Anyway hes never commented on my skin or anything (even tho its been progressively worse over the last couple years, however hes seen me when im extremely clear as well as when im broken out horribly.

LAtely ive been wanting to ask him if my skin really is as bad as i think it is...but i have this thing where i cant show weakness in front of others, EVER. I mean ive seen this guy cry 2-3 times over various things, but im not the type to openly speak about my feelings to people (besides my mom, and even that is rare).

So ive been wanting to ask him but im having trouble opening up and doing it...i feel like if i ask him i will reek of insecurity and lose respect from him and be seen as weak....what do you think?

Guest PokaHotAz

b4 it was like a taboo thing for me....lol but now its obvious i have acne, so i just bring it up b4 anyone does...and i talk about it...like how depressing it is, and how much it sux... and that i cant stand it... and one of my friends/co worker suggested aloe vera plant...and i thank her :)

u feel better to talk about stuff that bothers u... if he's ur friend just do it.. find the right time to make a comment, about how u "hate ur shitty skin" or whatever... i dunno... u feel more at ease afterwards

I don't really talk to 'em about it. I mainly talk about it on here or my parents. Hell yeah for acne.org giving me a place to vent and ask questions. I don't think my clear skinned friends understand what it's like so I can't really talk about it.

I don't discuss anything with them about it, but if it comes up, I mention it. For example if someone is staying over, I'd say something like: "wait a few minutes, I gotta put some stuff on my face before bed" that's as far as it gets.

I don't have many friends, but the few I do know that I deal with acne and don't mind me talking to them about it.

Guest PokaHotAz

it actually brings u even closer... it really shouldnt be a big deal... u avoid alot of embarrassing times as well... and u become and feel more comfortable w/ ur situation

Guest Akira

it actually brings u even closer... it really shouldnt be a big deal... u avoid alot of embarrassing times as well... and u become and feel more comfortable w/ ur situation

i agree, its just hard sometimes..but i felt better after telling my mates fo sho

Guest PokaHotAz

i know...sure is hard..kinda emabarrassing as well.. but whatever...

its nice cuz if u have a bad pimple u could just be like "god, look at this huge fucker... i hate it" or something, and they wont be all trying to catch glimpses of it when ur not looking cuz u put it out there first

Guest Akira

i know...sure is hard..kinda emabarrassing as well.. but whatever...

its nice cuz if u have a bad pimple u could just be like "god, look at this huge fucker... i hate it" or something, and they wont be all trying to catch glimpses of it when ur not looking cuz u put it out there first

exactly, it stops the you suffering in silence :)

Guest PokaHotAz

*nods head in agreement

Guest Akira

*nods head in agreement

*winks sexily ;)

I don't usually talk to my clear skined friends about my acne because they just won't understand. But I do talk to my boyfriend about my skin alot even thought he has clear skin, he can relate more because when he was younger he had bad eczema so he knows how it can effect your confidence.

Guest PokaHotAz

*nods head in agreement

*winks sexily ;)

*does a lil turn around and slaps right buttock while sticking her tongue out

White, it's good that you have a really great friend, that's a really important thing. I've got a few mates, but I wouldn't think twice about revealing anything too personal to them, not in a million years, one is easier to talk to though, about important and embarrasing things...and believe it or not, he's the one I've know since I was about 5, I feel we're growing more and more apart these days though...fucking puberty changes so many things...

Never- they seriously do not get it. I remember long, long, ago when I was in high school, my best friend would complain about her "acne" and even went on Accutane, but I swear she had really good skin- it was rediculous. It's like a 100 lb. girl telling her 250 lb. best friend "oh my gosh, I'm soooooo fat". Which she also did, by the way- although I was never overweight myself, she always was much smaller and always complained about her "fat".!!! :wall:

omg I love talkin about acne with peeps.

I go clubbin all night talkin up storms about acne.

Except I do none of the above.

I do nothing - nothing to do.

No. They don't get it. They think it's easy to cure with all those products you see on television. Can't blame them really, it can really trick you.

do it. seriously. you might feel crappy at first, but honestly, it helps to talk about it, even if it doesn't solve anything. just discussing it can make you feel better. i've recently done this with my friends and they were totally wonderful about it. i was nervous to talk about it at first, but they're really good to lean on for emotional support. that's what makes them your friend.

This is a pretty stupid thread :)

why?

----

anyway, i completely agree with Poka. it's pretty obvious when your skin is getting bad and i definitely knew ppl noticed my skin getting progressively worse so i'd always bring it up first so that it wouldn't be so bad if someone else happened to say something about it. it made things less awkward too.

well i just complain about how much i hate "breaking out" and i tell her how lucky she is to have perfect skin...especially when she complains about something u cant even see...like u see this pimple? im like "what pimple?" you want to see what a pimple looks like ? look here and here and here and here......lol and she just gives me this pity look .....its terrible :doubt: