Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
north

Diaper Cream

Hey everyone..

I thought I'd start a new thread because I was commenting about this in my log but I don't know how many people actually get to reading that, so here we are.

I have used Scarzone (like Mederma) and I found that it worked kinda well. Recently I had (have) a big scab/mark (still kind of in the process of healing). I remember reading on here from someone else that they put diaper rash cream on their spot overnight and it helped alot. So, my roomate had some(EDIT the one she has is called Zince Oxide cream but it is made for babies) (who knows why we have no kids...anyway) and I have globbed it on this spot (and a couple other little spots) the last 2 nights. I have seen TONS of improvement. I think the important ingreedient in this product is the Zinc Oxide which in this product is I think 10%. (EDIT: I looked and it's 15%)

I don't know how well this would work for older marks as the marks I used it on were very very new. Also, I didn't rub it over my whole face, I put a big glob on the mark and then left it overnight (kinda hard to sleep with it and not touch anything but it's worth it).

Anyway, I'm not making any outrageous claims or anything, you can still see my marks but they are not nearly as terrible as they were before I used it. Also I don't break out alot so I'm not sure if this could cause a breakout or not. It's just an idea and something that worked for me....

Best of luck I hope this helps someone!

Burt's Bees makes a healing ointment that has zinc oxide. It's meant to heal skin. I think it's called Herbal Defense or something. It comes in a green tube. Someone here was using it to control their acne.

I might have to get me some of this I did some research and it seems like a pretty good thing...

Here is what I found a Health.org

Heals and Protects Skin

Zinc is essential for healthy skin. As a drying agent and astringent, zinc oxide has been used for generations to soothe diaper rash and relieve itching. And zinc is a natural sun screen, protecting chapped lips and skin from the sun's harmful rays.

Zinc sulfate is effective in treating some cases of acne." And in a water-based solution, zinc sulfate helps remedy cold sores. Zinc also improves healing of wounds, like surgical incisions, burns and other skin irritations.

Used as an anti-inflammatory, zinc soothes skin and skin tissue. Poison ivy, sunburn, blisters and gum disease are all improved when treated with zinc. It is even a natural insect repellent. And zinc stimulates the transport of Vitamin A from the liver to the skin, helping to protect body tissue from damage.

lol. i actually tried this a few months ago. i wanted to use it as a sunblock ('cause of the zinc) [ :shrug: ]... but i tried it at the drugstore (put some on my hand) and needless to say, no one wanted to sit next to me in the car. :cry:

hahaha. :lol: it smelled sooo bad.

but maybe it was just the brand i used.

in anycase, yes, zinc oxide is good.

lol. i actually tried this a few months ago. i wanted to use it as a sunblock ('cause of the zinc) [ :shrug: ]... but i tried it at the drugstore (put some on my hand) and needless to say, no one wanted to sit next to me in the car. :cry:

hahaha. :lol: it smelled sooo bad.

but maybe it was just the brand i used.

in anycase, yes, zinc oxide is good.

:lol: I know what you mean...it smells like my grandfather used to after playing golf and putting on his 'icyhot'! :wacko:

Went to my derm today and she said that zinc oxide is why alot of people breakout with sunscreens (it is used in sunscreens). It can really clog pores and she didn't recommend it. Just thought I would add that.

The stuff that I use doesn't smell bad...it smells like a (clean) baby haha. Again I am definately NOT putting this all over my face..just on two bad spots that are kinda red marks/scars. After they have faded I won't use it anymore. I am still finding it is working extremely well, it is cutting down the healing time for sure. Again, this is just me..I don't break out badly from anything really and I don't rub it all over..I think it would be fine to just spot treat and not for an extended period of time.

Went to my derm today and she said that zinc oxide is why alot of people breakout with sunscreens (it is used in sunscreens). It can really clog pores and she didn't recommend it. Just thought I would add that.

Hmm. That's confusing to me. Zinc oxide is in just about every mineral makeup, and most people don't seem to have problems with those.

Have you ever tried Boudreaux's Buttpaste? Stop laughing...I used it on my two kids and it was AWESOME. It's also a tad lighter in consistency and more flesh colored so it won't look so silly if you have to go out. I will try it tonight and let you know...