Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know this isn't exactly acne related, but does anyone on here know about supplements, etc. that help with the body's immune system? I am sick all the time, and I am looking for ways to increase my immunity.

Any help would be good :)

emergen-C [available at health food stores and grocery stores] is amazing when you feel like you're about to get sick. as well as cold ease [although they leave a terrible film in your mouth] and zicam zinc nasal swabs...but as for boosting the immune system in the long run, i dont know. i guess just take care of yourself in general, with a good diet, exercise, and relaxation? i'd like to know other ways as well, if anyone has good suggestions. preferably a way without using obscure herbs or supplements, because i'm at uni and it's damn hard to get to the shops!

Vitamin C and EFA's are good for your immune system. So is green tea and anti-oxidants.

Immune Assist by Aloha Medicinals is one of the best immune boosters out there. Its a blend of some of the most potent medicinal mushroom extracts.

Also, be sure to eat lots of raw fruits and veggies. I started transitioning to an all raw diet a few years ago and I havent caught a cold in over two years. Before I started eating better I would get sick atleast once a year. Now I find myself surrounded by sniffling, coughing, and snot spewing classmates at school every day and it kinda grosses me out.

I've heard zinc, vit C, EFA's and apple cider vinegar.

Am i right in thinking it's the immune system which causes skin to heal, so taking this stuff should help with red marks etc?

I've heard zinc, vit C, EFA's and apple cider vinegar.

Am i right in thinking it's the immune system which causes skin to heal, so taking this stuff should help with red marks etc?

on the contrary a heightened immune system would then attack foreign bacteria to a higher scale, which includes your face. I dont kno if that will reuslt in more or less acne, but theres a connection.