Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThereIsALight

Celebrities/Other People/Acne and Other Flaws

So I was just watching the first season of Desperate Housewives on DVD to see what all of the talk was about. While watching it, I noticed that the really hot girl Eva Longoria is skinny, has a great face, great hair and is super sexy, but she has fucked up lower teeth. She almost never opens her mouth all of the way and 90% of the time they don't show.

It made me realize that yes celebs and other "hot/perfect" people do have flaws. Nobody is truly perfect. These flaws are also equally as bad at times as having acne or scars. The main difference with most other flaws is that you can hide them and they're not visible "every time you look in the mirror".

I think the main issue with having acne and scars is you have to look at it all the time and so does everyone else. Hairy backs, skinny legs, fat body parts, screwed up teeth, etc can be hidden at times, which makes them different.

All that money and she can't fix her own teeth??? Pathetic

Maybe she is satisfied with the way she looks.

this was the first season. fixing your teeth though means u have to have braces on for a certain amount of time. there are always the invisible ones but i think you notice those too. plus maybe she paid to get them done by now. she most likely has a lot more money today than she did then.

It's not just that acne scars can't be "hidden" in the same way as other bodily imperfections, it's that they are SO DAMN HARD to fix! Hell, I'd wear braces on my FACE for a year (if that were possible) to get rid of these scars once and for all....

But you're right: everybody has SOMETHING wrong, usually; even the famously beautiful people whose JOB it is to look perfect.

BTW, isn't "Desperate Housewives" dreadful? I couldn't watch all the way through....I'm still perplexed as to what the hype is about and a little unnerved that I am yet again what appears to be another standard deviation away from the popular culture.

It's not just that acne scars can't be "hidden" in the same way as other bodily imperfections, it's that they are SO DAMN HARD to fix! Hell, I'd wear braces on my FACE for a year (if that were possible) to get rid of these scars once and for all....

But you're right: everybody has SOMETHING wrong, usually; even the famously beautiful people whose JOB it is to look perfect.

BTW, isn't "Desperate Housewives" dreadful? I couldn't watch all the way through....I'm still perplexed as to what the hype is about and a little unnerved that I am yet again what appears to be another standard deviation away from the popular culture.

i've watch 1.75 episodes and they've already given so much away. i dont watch much tv so it's mildly entertaining for me. the actors kinda suck though. big time.

Well if you look at her upper ones they are very white and big. Wouldn't be suprised if they were veneirs, or however you spell it.

Guest <*>

Antonio Cassano has bad scars on his cheeks, i'm guessing from acne.

rightio lets highlight something:

NOBODY IS PERFECT

as much as they think they are. :D

Yep. Even Posh has acne! (mild)

IPB Image

Guest <*>

Yes, that picture of posh really shows her terrible acne.

Yeah I know, the dirty bitch I dont know why I like her, she needs to wash her face.

i know nobody's perfect. i was just pointing this out to try to make everyone feel better and also to highlight the fact that one of the differences between other flaws and acne is that with acne/scarring you have to look at it all the time. i think this puts it into a class of its own.

Guest <*>

Yeah I know, the dirty bitch I dont know why I like her, she needs to wash her face.

Look up the word 'sarcastic' in the dictionary.

Look up the word 'sarcastic' in the dictionary.

I think you'll find I was been sarcastic too u narna!!

i know nobody's perfect. i was just pointing this out to try to make everyone feel better and also to highlight the fact that one of the differences between other flaws and acne is that with acne/scarring you have to look at it all the time. i think this puts it into a class of its own.

I totally agree...acne scarring IS in a class of its own. A LOWER class, alas...

i feel like i'm reading something i wrote. i noticed this about her and thought the same about other people's flaws that can be hidden. i still wish my flaw was "hideable".