Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mac

MY ACCUTANE LOG--No Turning Back!

"Your An Adult You Shouldn't And You Don't Want To Have To Deal With This?" "my Derm"

March 1st: Accutane 40 mg Once a day. 1st pill at 11: 41 am

I am 21 years old male and I started getting acne when I was 18. I tried proactiv, topicals from my derm and family doctor along with 1 antibootic and nothing. I recnetly started gogint o a derm December 2005 to be eact. aftre 2 months of diiferin and clindolxy(bp 5% and clind 1%) and Tetra 250 mg once a day . NOTHING!

My Derm looked at me and said I have oily skin, and liek the quote on top says. So he aske dme if I wanted to try it. I was very hesistant and very scared still am. So I got my blood work done and 2 weeks later yesterday I went back to him and got my results back.

My blood work showed that my triglycerides were high(3.88 in canada) but he said that he is not worried abotu me juts to watch out of my diet.

So Here I am starting accutane sacred as hell but I will try it. I just hope this works and my acne doesnt come back. I consider my acne mild. As of now I have like 4 little pimples, lots of redness/inflammtion on my right cheek, some on my left and below my left chin with oily skin.

PLEASE! Any advice, Help, Support And I would appreciate it.

I took beofre pics so we will see.....

Welcome to the party Mac!

I'm glad you finally went through with it. The only advice from me so far would be to watch the oil buildup during the first couple of weeks. My face feels like I just lubed it with axle grease!

slmonkey2 (Tom)

Oh, yeah, I just forgot..........don't forget to bring chapstick with you wherever you go! Dry lips are a sure thing on this stuff.

slmonkey (Tom)

DAY 2

Took my second pill this morning , No change yet, but I'm sure I wont see nayhtign yet?

Good luck mate. I'm on 40mg too but haven't noticed any changes yet. I'm 2 days ahead of you.

oh cool...we should keep in touch with our porgress....

ANYONE WHO JUST STARTED AND ARE ON 40 MG SHOULD KEEP IN TOUCH AND HELP EACH OTHER OUT?

hi Mac,

just wanted to wish you good luck! And try not to worry so much, just let the Accutane do it's thing, and your doc will keep a good eye on you.

DAY 3

Today is the same, I have a new whiyehead froma redmark but I dont think thats from the accutane...I have a rash on my neck but that started before the accuatne,..well its not a rash its juts itches....

Good luck mate. I'm on 40mg too but haven't noticed any changes yet. I'm 2 days ahead of you.

ANYONE WHO JUST STARTED AND ARE ON 40 MG SHOULD KEEP IN TOUCH AND HELP EACH OTHER OUT?

i just started 40..nothing much yet

cool well keep in touch

I started on the 1st also. :D

No changes in my skin yet, but a cyst that I had is practically gone now. I am crossing my fingers that my initial outbreak comes and goes real quick!

Good luck, Kallie[

quote name=Mac' date='Mar 3 2006, 10:44 PM' post='1007339]

I started on the 1st also. :D

No changes in my skin yet, but a cyst that I had is practically gone now. I am crossing my fingers that my initial outbreak comes and goes real quick!

Good luck, Kallie[

quote name=Mac' date='Mar 3 2006, 10:44 PM' post='1007339]

cool well keep in touch

yea thats what I'm hoping for too

Hi! I am on 40 mg per day, on day 13 today. I did'nt really get much of an "initial breakout" but I've heard that usually you don't break out too bad b/c this is a relatively low dose. I was pretty oily the first week though, almost like it got oilier before getting dry. But now (on day 13) I'm pretty dry. Peeling a little, but only around my hairline, eyebrows, and near my chin and sides of my nose. Lips are really dry though. Everyone says to use Aquaphor for the dry lips, but here's a little tip I figured out: take a dab of the "Neutrogena Norwegian formula" hand cream (which you will probably need to buy anyway, in case you get the dry hand/ecsema thing) and rub that in real good until its all absorbed, then put the Aquaphor on top to lock in the moisture. It really works wonders!!! Anyway, since I'm a little ahead of you in my treatment, I would be happy to answer any questions. Keep your chin up! Clear skin is on its way!!!

Hey there Mac-

I took my fourth pill lst night so I think we are at the same place in treatment. I am a 23 year old female on 40 mg a day as well. I am same as you, no real changes. I have very oily skin so I don't know if that meants it takes a little while longer to dry out or not, but I am ready to go more than an hour at a time without looking like I just ran around in the 100 degree weather! Hope you have good progress, keep in touch! I also have a log.

DAY 4

NO CHANGES I got a new redmark today that I think will turn into a whitehead but I dont think its from the accutane?

Question?

I just figured that I have a pimple on my chest is that from the accutane i dont get them on my chest

my skin got bad from day one and kept getting worse, but now im on day 13 and my skin is probably looking better than when i started.

im using warm water and cetaphil face wash, and the cetaphil moisturiser.

the moisturiser does a great job at moisturising, but makes me look greasy and shiny, so dunno if there is a better one.

DAY 5

Today well my face looks oily especially at the end of the day...I woke up with a new redmark with a whitehead coming out of it...so I hope its kicking in

I'm going onto day 5 tomm, how dry is your skin?

not yet..but i'ms till using a little of the bp

DAY 6

Today is the same as yesterday the 2 pimples I got ares till there...I'm more itchy but its all cool....

SIDE efftect: NONE

DAY 7

well today my skin looks dryer, like it usually gets oliy fast today no, I am notcing that one side of my cheeks is getting more red spts(IS THIS THE ACCUTANE?). Yesterday I had 2 huge red marks on my cheeks I thought I was gogin to get cyts but they went away when I woke up(what was that)..I got really flushed yesterday.

side effects: NONE

I took #7 today also, we started the same day..glad to know someone started the same day as me.

My scalp is really itchy today, my lips feel a tiny bit drier, and my face felt a little tight after I washed it this morning, but nothing that moisurizer couldn't fix. I'll be curious to see if my face gets oilier throughout the day.

I took #7 today also, we started the same day..glad to know someone started the same day as me.

My scalp is really itchy today, my lips feel a tiny bit drier, and my face felt a little tight after I washed it this morning, but nothing that moisurizer couldn't fix. I'll be curious to see if my face gets oilier throughout the day.

thats so funny my face tight as we speak.