Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ItsMeagan.

I finally found something to get rid of my flaky skin.

I have been acne free for a while now, but i still have really dry and flaky skin from all the hell i put it through to get rid of the acne.

I was having a really difficult time with my make up, when I would apply it all of my flakes would show and it was driving me crazy.

I would scrub at my face for an hour before applying make up, i tried every moisturizer known, i tried mineral make up I tried it all but my flakes were still there.

But not anymore.

I knew I needed some crazy serious moisture, even oil on my face because my face is just not oily at all.

So I thought what the hell ill put some olive oil on my face, why not? I tried it, and then with it on went back into the kitchen because I knew I also needed an intense exfoliator. I grabbed some sugar. I put some sugar ontop of the olive oil and srubbed it into my face with the oil.

Im so happy. No more flakes, and my face used to be so dry that it would hurt to just open my mouth wide and now it feels amazing. I washed off everything and made sure that there was no oily residue left over. Im just so happy to have no more damn flakes.

I had bought expensive oil and sugar scrubs from bath and body works to use on my legs and arms as a body exfoliant and it always worked great. And the sugar scrubs dont hurt like the salt scrubs. Ah im so damn happy.

i would just be afraid of the olive oil clogging my pores. i have heard of doing that, i would just be afraid i would break out.

i would just be afraid of the olive oil clogging my pores. i have heard of doing that, i would just be afraid i would break out.

I have been using it for a little over 2 weeks now and i have been acne free for several months. I have had nothing less than perfect skin since finally getting rid of my flaky skin.

o I thought what the hell ill put some olive oil on my face, why not? I tried it, and then with it on went back into the kitchen because I knew I also needed an intense exfoliator. I grabbed some sugar. I put some sugar ontop of the olive oil and srubbed it into my face with the oil.

Ive just been reading about a girl who puts her face in boiling hot water and thinks this is helping her acne , I think all us acne sufferers are barmy ! and due to desperation we will try anything !!! i even covered my face with toothpaste cos i read somewhere it would help ! the smell was awfull ! and it made my eyes sting and guesss what ???? Ive still got the spots but a real clean minty fresh face :lol:

o I thought what the hell ill put some olive oil on my face, why not? I tried it, and then with it on went back into the kitchen because I knew I also needed an intense exfoliator. I grabbed some sugar. I put some sugar ontop of the olive oil and srubbed it into my face with the oil.

Ive just been reading about a girl who puts her face in boiling hot water and thinks this is helping her acne , I think all us acne sufferers are barmy ! and due to desperation we will try anything !!! i even covered my face with toothpaste cos i read somewhere it would help ! the smell was awfull ! and it made my eyes sting and guesss what ???? Ive still got the spots but a real clean minty fresh face :lol:

Er I dont think she was literally putting her face in boiling water, but uses the steam from the boiling water to give her a mini spa treatment for her face...

I need to get rid of my flakes too but I'm too scared to put olive oil on my face because my face is getting so clear.

Ive been completly acne and red mark free for months and just had dry skin. Ive been using the olive oil and sugar scrub for nearly three weeks now and i have no zero new break outs.

It took care of both of my problems dry skin, and flaky skin. Every holistic treatment isnt for everyone. I refused to try jessfoliation because the thought of using something as rough as a tooth brush on my skin irked me. Its something thats used in a lot of treatments on skin ive mostly used oil and sugar or salt scrubs on my arms legs or feet but why not try it on your face, its had the same effects.

*shrug*

I could possibly see where leaving olive oil on your face for hours or overnight would not only be messy but possibly a problem with clogging pores but I wash it all off afterwards. I suppose when it comes down to it, it worked for me. Im not saying it gets rid of acne or is any sort of acne cure, but it took care of my problems.

Thanks for posting this. I have really dry skin too and I tried this. My skin really hydrated afterwards, even though I washed it off. I think I might only do it at night.... do you do this twice a day or once?

Thanks for posting this. I have really dry skin too and I tried this. My skin really hydrated afterwards, even though I washed it off. I think I might only do it at night.... do you do this twice a day or once?

I dont even have to do it every day. I do it maybe once or twice a week. After doing it once I was just so relieved to see the flakes go away. I usually do it in the shower so i can get the oil and sugar that gets in my hair out. Its just been such a pain with make up and having flaky skin.

I have a serious problem with flaky skin ever since I've been on Retin-A. Everyday I wake up and I cringe because my make-up won't go on smoothly. However, there are days (right before my period) where my skin is nice and makeup goes on perfectly - those days are few. So I've been looking for something to help with my flakiness for a long time. St Ives seem to work at first, but then it breaks me out horribly. Is the olive and sugar scrub like St Ives Apricot scrub? Also, how long do you leave it on your face and how long do you scrub?

My face is oily yet I get flakes from my Tretinoid cream, so two days ago I actually tried the olive oil and sugar scrub, and wow...I really liked how my skin turned out! If I were to rate this from 1-10...I'd give it about a 9. I still see tiny bit of flakes upclose, but now when I wear makeup, I dont see flakes at the end of the day! That, my friends, is a really big improvement, well, for me anyway. Also, the great part is...I didn't break out from it. Just make sure you get the scrub completely off your skin (I just use my gentle facial cleanser after the scrub). I shall be doing this olive oil sugar scrub twice a week and I'll keep you guys updated. But yeah...thanks a bunch, Meagan!

Speaking of flakes. I have some trouble with my skin in the winter, it gets really dry.

But I have found something that has helped me a lot. It´s a sponge, I bought it on e-bay.

I use mine with an oil and alcohol free facial cleanser. It really softens up my skin and takes care of the dead skin cells. It exfoliates the skin so you have to be careful not to rub to long at the same place, I did :redface: and that burns your skin.

I have been acne free for a while now, but i still have really dry and flaky skin from all the hell i put it through to get rid of the acne.

I was having a really difficult time with my make up, when I would apply it all of my flakes would show and it was driving me crazy.

I would scrub at my face for an hour before applying make up, i tried every moisturizer known, i tried mineral make up I tried it all but my flakes were still there.

But not anymore.

I knew I needed some crazy serious moisture, even oil on my face because my face is just not oily at all.

So I thought what the hell ill put some olive oil on my face, why not? I tried it, and then with it on went back into the kitchen because I knew I also needed an intense exfoliator. I grabbed some sugar. I put some sugar ontop of the olive oil and srubbed it into my face with the oil.

Im so happy. No more flakes, and my face used to be so dry that it would hurt to just open my mouth wide and now it feels amazing. I washed off everything and made sure that there was no oily residue left over. Im just so happy to have no more damn flakes.

I had bought expensive oil and sugar scrubs from bath and body works to use on my legs and arms as a body exfoliant and it always worked great. And the sugar scrubs dont hurt like the salt scrubs. Ah im so damn happy.

Im new at this whole thing soo i really need some help..ive only been using the regimen for not even a week yet and i have had no new break outs just red spots where they used to be and those are really starting to fade :D im using neutrogean everything..gentle face wash. spot treatmean (bp 2.5) and neutrogean oil free moisturizer..but wow my face is super dry and flaky...its looks sooooo bad when i but make up on...its like at the beg. of the day it does not look bad..but by the end of the day..its bad.. i start a new job wed as a host and i DO NOT want meet and greet ppl with skin hanging off my face like this Ew lol..so i really need some help..i really wanna try this but my face is doing soo well..do u think trying it this soon into the regimen would do bad on my skin or no? and if i do try it can i just use my oil and sugar from home? and how do u do it? how long do u leave it on? afterwards do i do my normal facail stuff? like cleanser bp moisturizer? my face as never been dry b4 but now it def is? plzzz help..if u can like tonight mb? i hate going to school with my face like this..i dont wanna stop the regimen though..its working wonders!!

thanks sooo much cant wait for u reply!!! :D

I need to get rid of my flakes too but I'm too scared to put olive oil on my face because my face is getting so clear.

Have you tried cocoa butter? If not, get the rich creamy one in the small containers (don't get the jumbo size one- those are bad quality & they're watery (and cheaper lol)).

I have a serious problem with flaky skin ever since I've been on Retin-A. Everyday I wake up and I cringe because my make-up won't go on smoothly. However, there are days (right before my period) where my skin is nice and makeup goes on perfectly - those days are few. So I've been looking for something to help with my flakiness for a long time. St Ives seem to work at first, but then it breaks me out horribly. Is the olive and sugar scrub like St Ives Apricot scrub? Also, how long do you leave it on your face and how long do you scrub?

I have used the st.ives apricot scrub in the past and it just wasnt enough to get rid of my flakes. I needed some heavy duty stuff. I also didnt like the using the apricot scrub because it left this gunky residue all over my shower after I used it.

I know this sounds silly but this is exactly what I do.

I wash my face and then apply just a thin layer of loose powder to my face. The powder helps me see where my flakes are so that I can make sure to scrub more there. I mix up the oil and sugar then just scrub till I dont see the flakes anymore. I dont really think its an issue of leaving it on for any certain period of time. At first I just tried putting olive oil on my face because I thought that it just needed some serious moistureizer and oil from all the BP I had put on my face. But after I washed it off my face was smoother and some flakes were gone but it still needed something thats when i added the sugar.

Hey! :) "Kiss My Face" cosmetics line actually makes Olive Oil face soap. I used it for a while and it feels absolutely amazing going on. Olive Oil is a great product for dry skin. I have used it on my entire body at times when I needed some deeeeep moisturization. It's great for the summers when you're skin is dry from tanning - and it 'shines' like baby oil on your legs. :) Good call with the at-home scrub! Ingenuity is the mother of invention!

I've used this scrub a few times now and I am so pleased. My flakes aren't entirely gone but they are much more manageable! No breakouts yet either; actually, I think the exfoliation is helping my skin stay clear.

I've tried the toothpaste thing - but holding ice on a really red spot for a while helps make it less red and agreesive! apparently. I've tried it a few times, not totally sure if it works

Have you tried cocoa butter? If not, get the rich creamy one in the small containers (don't get the jumbo size one- those are bad quality & they're watery (and cheaper lol)).

Cocoa butter is BAD for acne! Its good for making other skin soft but it crazy clogs your pores. Look at the list in the link from the begining of the thread when she talked about olive oil! DONT use cocoa butter on your face!

Oh and this olive oil sugar scrub is off da CHAIN. x))

I'd be careful of using this on your face or other acne prone areas. I love it for my arms and legs but I can't use it even on my chest and shoulders without breaking out, so I wouldn't put it on my face.