Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just finished Accutane a few weeks ago and have been left with raised scars far above the skin. Has anyone else also experienced this? Although I do not have acne anymore it still looks as if I do. Is there any treatments that have worked for anyone?

I just finished Accutane a few weeks ago and have been left with raised scars far above the skin. Has anyone else also experienced this? Although I do not have acne anymore it still looks as if I do. Is there any treatments that have worked for anyone?

Hi there. Are these scars on your back/shoulder/chest area? I have had excellent results so far with freezing and cortisone-type steroid injection done on each of the raised scars. It is quick and the pain is not too bad. Some of them are completely flat now, but yet still discolored. I am going back for now because I just care about them being flat, nothing bugs me more than having lumps all over my shoulder. The best thing about it is that it is really cheap.

Im not sure how this would work on your face though. The lumps look really bad for about a week or so after it is done, then they shrink and go flat.

Best of luck,

blueberri

Try Neosporin Silcicone Scar Sheet solution - OTC at drugstore. It takes time, but there is scientific evidence that this treatment levels and reduces redness in atrophic scars (does not work on hypertropic). I am trying this on 2 scars with some success. It is worth a try.

OOps. Got that bass ackward. It works on hypertropic, raised scars only.

Try Neosporin Silcicone Scar Sheet solution - OTC at drugstore. It takes time, but there is scientific evidence that this treatment levels and reduces redness in atrophic scars (does not work on hypertropic). I am trying this on 2 scars with some success. It is worth a try.

I tried this and it really didnt work so well. It may have made them go down slightly but the scar tissue really didnt dissolve like the injections and cryosurgery does. But maybe they will work if yours arent too big, mine were huge. Gluck w/ it.

Blueberri or billyboy do either of you have pictures you would not mind sharing with me? I would love to see how it worked ,like before and after, and compare my scars to yours. If that is not possible would you mind viewing my pictures and telling me what either of you think? My pictuture of my scars is on my xanga site listed as my signature below my messages.

Hi Scream

While I took some pictures to highlight my scarring and posted them last year, I have no pre/post pictures relevant to your raised scar issue. I recently ended up with 2 elevated scars from punch floats made to indented scars. I have been religious about wearing the silcione bandages at night and during day when convenient.

While other healing factors may be at play and maybe I am being overly optimistic, I beleive I am seeing and feeling both a softening of the scars and a gradual leveling process with the surrounding skin, as well as less redness. These floats were not super elevated and the process is gradual, but I feel very good about my progress, although I can't say with 100% certainty that the silcone caused the improvement I am seeing.

Why don't you do an internet search. You will find clinical support for efficacy. Morevoer, it costs$30 for a box. Give it a try, but stick with it because it takes time. I am still using them. I would have stopped by now if I did not bleive they worked.

Best wishes