Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skin Deadness

Frosted Mini-Wheats?

I'm starving in the mornings.

I sometimes like to have 2 soft boiled eggs. Otherwise I've been eating just a pear and a banana. That's it.

I want to start eating Frosted Mini-Wheats (Without milk or I could eat it with soy milk) But I don't know if that's a good idea. Opinions? I'd really like the maple and brown sugar. I hear maple stuff has a lot of zinc in it.

Nutrition Information:

http://www.mini-wheats.com/promotions/fmw_...5/flavors.shtml

Suggestions?

Try to steer yourself away from highly processed foods.

Alternatives would be Bob's Red Mill's cereals.

Well, that's the thing. I'm trying to stay away from wheat and whole grain.

But I don't know if I want to. I think eating this in the morning should be fine, but still I have no idea.

I love Frosted Mini-Wheats, even though I don't have much history with it. It has a ton of Iron in it though. Isn't that a good thing?

Whole grain wheat, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, gelatin (Bad)

reduced iron, niacinamide, zinc oxide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), thiamin hydrochloride (vitamin B1), folic acid and vitamin B12. (All good)

To maintain quality, BHT has been added to the packaging. (Bad, I think)

eat shredded wheat.. its just whole grains.. nothing else.

If it's "shredded", how is it "whole"? That "whole grain" marketing is such a load of crap.

Skin, you don't need to eat a sugar-coated cereal to get those vitamins.

If you live in Canada, london drugs always has that Kashi golean cereal on sale(usually up here it's like 5.99 for a box the size of cheerios or something but it's usually there for 3.50 or less). It's funny because it says golean yet one 50g serving(A bowl is usually twice this amount), has 240calories, 14g of protein, 11 grams of fiber and a bunch of other good stuff. Oh ya, I don't check for this but in case you do(many here do), it is gluten free, wheat free, etc...

Wait till it's on sale and then buy a crap load for the coming weeks or months. There, a one bowl, 500calorie breakfast. Add in some fruit and you have a 7min breakfast that will keep you going till break or lunch.

It's surprisingly filling and I eat like 3000+calories a day.

http://www.cspinet.org/nah/wwheat.html

Here is a link describing exactly what to look for in whole grain foods. If certain foods are missing part of the grain liek the germ, just buy some germ and sprinkle it on. Look at the bottom for what cereals are really whole grain(Also give some crackers like Peppridge Farms(Sp?) and triscuits(Also whole grain)).

Eh, all right.

If you want to eat them, then eat them. Do you even know if they make your acne worse? You're better off eating things for yourself and not asking other people what you should and should not eat, especially if you don't even know if the food affects you. You'll just get frustrated very fast.

why are you avoiding whole grains? theres nothing wrong with them unless your gluten intolerant.. anyways your not gonna die from eating mini wheats.. theres cereals much worse.. if you really want something good for breakfast.. just eat regular oatmeal.

why are you avoiding whole grains? theres nothing wrong with them unless your gluten intolerant.. anyways your not gonna die from eating mini wheats.. theres cereals much worse.. if you really want something good for breakfast.. just eat regular oatmeal.

Every time I eat something "whole grain" or anything with wheat. I break out.

But so far I've been eating healthy food and I haven't really broke out much. About 5 new breakouts this week (keep in mind I ate junk food all day last Friday and Saturday), compared to about 8-14 new ones each week. That's when I was eating Fruit Loops, 2 big sandwiches, bread, frozen food like hamburgers and other stuff. A lot of it had to do with whole grain products so I said the hell with that.

But there basically aren't many cereals without whole grain. I can't think of any.

But there basically aren't many cereals without whole grain. I can't think of any.

You'd probably be fine with non-gluten grains -- those are quinoa, rice, amaranth, teff, corn, buckwheat. Bob's Red Mill has some gluten-free cereals.

I love frosted mini wheats. Unless you know that you're sensitive to any specific ingredient in them, I wouldn't overanalyze. Just eat them. They've got more sugar than would be ideal, but they're healthy compared to other breakfast cereals thanks to the fiber and the protein -- most others are just empty calories, except for the extra vitamins, which you could get in higher quantities with a plain multivitamin.

Just eat oatmeal. One cup has 8 grams of fiber and 10 grams of protien, plenty of energy to make it to lunch.

Just eat oatmeal. One cup has 8 grams of fiber and 10 grams of protien, plenty of energy to make it to lunch.

I have whole-grain oatmeal. I'm gonna try it, but I'm afraid of breaking out. I had the worse breakout of my life after eating stuff like whole grain pretzels, raisin brans and etc.

Whole grain food scares me, ha.

Don't eat that sugary junk in the morining. Try oatmeal or something natural non processed and without fibre. Stick to the principle "If man made it, don't eat it"

I'm starving in the mornings.

I sometimes like to have 2 soft boiled eggs. Otherwise I've been eating just a pear and a banana. That's it.

I want to start eating Frosted Mini-Wheats (Without milk or I could eat it with soy milk) But I don't know if that's a good idea. Opinions? I'd really like the maple and brown sugar. I hear maple stuff has a lot of zinc in it.

Nutrition Information:

http://www.mini-wheats.com/promotions/fmw_...5/flavors.shtml

Suggestions?

Don't eat that sugary junk in the morining. Try oatmeal or something natural non processed and without fibre. Stick to the principle "If man made it, don't eat it"

Oatmeal has fiber in it. Not a ton but some. Also, it's necessary to have fiber in your diet. If you choose to get it from things like vegetables, fruits, and beans, that's fine, but fiber is important. It's better to have acne than colon cancer.