Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
niceguy

email response from Dr. Dubrow's Acne Cure website

i wanted to make sure i was doing the cure correctly so i emailed them. Here is my email 1st then the reply:

Hi,

I bought the book but I am concerned if I am doing the regimen correctly. I could use some clarification. Please don't just recite word for word from the book because like I said I already have it...

1. When you apply the BP do you rub it in til its fully absorbed or do you just rub for a little and then let it sit on face?

2. It says in the book for the salicylic acid: Do this... for men immediately after you shave, and last thing at night. - So i am supposed to wash face wit salicylic acid after BP at night? that doesnt sound right.

3. When you apply the salicylic acid and glycolic acid do you use just apply a pennies worth for your entire face? or do you use more? And do I wait for it to be fully absorbed?

Thanks in advance to whoever helps me!

now the reply:

In response to your questions of last week:

1. The BP will absorb into the skin naturaly, so when applying it you do not need to rub it in more than any other product that you use.

2. You would use the salicylic acid wash after you shave, but before the BP at night. Because the BP is active for a period of approximately 2 hours, you want it to sit on the surface of the skin and not wash it off.

3. We reccommend a salicylic type wash....using a dime to nickel size for the entire face. When using glycolic, it is best to use a pad that is already saturated with the solution so that you can swipe it over the entire face.

I hope these answers help. Please excuse the delay in response, we are receiving an overwhelming amount of e mail to respond to.

Sincerely,

Andrew J. Bryden

I dont know if this will help any1 but i figured i'd post it. ttyl

could you ask them what the breakout patterns are like. Is it supposed to be all up hill from the day you start or is there some kind of purging type breakout of the pores, cause today I am really questioning this routine.

THanks

just sent them yur question - tho it took bout a week for them to respond to the last 1 but i'll post it as soon as i hear. ttyl

Guest fatman_uk
1. The BP will absorb into the skin naturaly, so when applying it you do not need to rub it in more than any other product that you use.

Yes! Finally, from the (so called) experts!

So many people say RUB it in, but there really is NO point as long as it's spread evenly AND you don't have any big white chunks anywhere... coz obviously THAT won't ALL soak in. It's not like you actually press it into the pores, like some people make out.

2. You would use the salicylic acid wash after you shave, but before the BP at night.  Because the BP is active for a period of approximately 2 hours, you want it to sit on the surface of the skin and not wash it off.

I'm i sure heard it (BP) was active for quite a bit longer than that. Think it was sumthing Dan posted last year.

-Gaz

"the BP is active for a period of approximately 2 hours"

yea i found this to be suprising and now i dunno what to believe either fatman! :-k

harp here is the reply to your question:

Normally when you agressively start to treat acne, it will draw out everything from underneath the surface. You may experience more break outs for the first couple of weeks during your treatment, but then should start to see the affected areas clearing up.

You have to remember, nothing makes acne go away completely, but you can treat it on a regular basis to help keep it under control. Also we are at our warmest time of year and that also makes the condition worse.

Hang in there and you should start seeing results.

Sincerely

Andrew J Bryden