Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sfr

My TCA test spot

Just over 3 weeks ago I received some 100% TCA from mytcapeels.com. Fully aware of how risky it would be to immediately apply it to my face, I decided I would test it on my forearm and see how it works out before applying any to my face.

I did just that, and now more than 3 weeks later--although the spot has mostly healed--it still has a faint pink color. I was hoping that I'd get to see the spot completely heal before testing it on my face, but now it seems like that may take a long while.

I'd like to go ahead and try it on my face, but I'm wondering if it's normal for the area to still be a bit pink. I'd hate to end up with pink discoloration on my face that won't go away. I'm thinking about diluting the TCA with distilled water to lessen the strength.

Wounds on the head heal faster than any other part of the body due to greater blood flow so if you did TCA cross on your face, that would heal much faster than on your arm.

TCA that is weaker than 50% may not give you any improvements for scars. If you are a woman, then you can cover the pinkness with makeup.

Everyone is different, of course, but when I did cross, the pinkness lasted only 2 weeks.