Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Before I started the CSR, I used Gillette Foamy aloe & allantoin (Gillette comfort glide) shaving cream. (see link)

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp27655_333181_s...d_allantoin.htm

I could not find anywhere on the bottle it saying anything about being non comedogenic. I can't stand using soap lather anymore!

Can any of you recommend a good non comedogenic shaving cream that can be purchased at a local walmart or drugstore?

thanks for reading

Before I started the CSR, I used Gillette Foamy aloe & allantoin (Gillette comfort glide) shaving cream. (see link)

I could not find anywhere on the bottle it saying anything about being non comedogenic. I can't stand using soap lather anymore!

Can any of you recommend a good non comedogenic shaving cream that can be purchased at a local walmart or drugstore?

thanks for reading

aveeno has two non comedogenic shaving creams that are great. One is fragance free, the other has light fragance. I never could really tell a difference between the two. They work really well and they reduce irritation greatly.

thanks for reading

aveeno has two non comedogenic shaving creams that are great. One is fragance free, the other has light fragance. I never could really tell a difference between the two. They work really well and they reduce irritation greatly.

Yeah I'd go with the Aveeno. I've heard MANY great things about itAveeno Shave Gel

I don't use shaving cream because I prefer electric, but if I decide to start razor shaving, I'll use that.

I agree. The Aveeno therapeutic shave gel is the best. I don't like any of their other products, but the shave gel is great.

I have been using the aveeno exclusively for years now.

I guess I will rain on the parade with Aveeno, never was really satisfied with it.

I use a Finnish brand Lumen and I am really happy with it!

I've been using it for about 2 months now.

It uses very minimal ingredients and they dub it as a wash/shave/moisture all in one (moisture because of the trite amount of Pine extract)

But regardless I would recommend this gel for people with sensitive skin who don't really want their gel to "interfere" with their regimen.

I'd invest in a electric razor. Shaving creams are soap based and usually contain high amounts of triethanolamine, which is great for making the lipids in the hair rigid, causing the hair to swell up to make it easier to shave off.....neat invention really, but it makes the hairs swell because of a high pH (about 8.5-10.5...pH of skin is around 5) The problem is that the high pH can also cause the epidermal lipids become rigid too, which leads to swelling of the statum corneum....and irritation....not great for acne prone skin (even the Aveeno one) I'm guessing this is why Dan doesn't reccomend use of a shaving cream with the Regimen.....

I'm a girl so I don't have this issue...I still use shaving cream on my legs, underarms, ect. I use Nivea Men sensitive shave gel...it's like 2.79$, and is the best one I've ever tried....but I'd never put it on my face....

You could also try looking for a pH balanced one, that only lubricates the skin and hair, and doesn't contain triethanolamine or sodium hydroxide....

I also use the aveeno fragrence free, but it still smells fresh. I love it, i was having a lot of irritation on my legs, I hear that its actually for men, but I love it and would now not use anything else.

cetaphil soap bar. lather and put on.

Maybe I was not clear enough in my first post, but I said I have already been doing this, and was tired of it... that was the point of the whole thread.

I know of everyones ongoing angst with clearasil, but their shaving gel is really good. Its pretty cheap here in the U.K: about £3.50 or so. I dont wheather its available in the U.S though.

I agree. The Aveeno therapeutic shave gel is the best. I don't like any of their other products, but the shave gel is great.

That's too bad. It contains ingredients that cause cancer.

www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/product/51368/Aveeno_Therapeutic_Shaving_Gel

I also use the aveeno fragrence free, but it still smells fresh. I love it, i was having a lot of irritation on my legs, I hear that its actually for men, but I love it and would now not use anything else.

Would you still vouch for it if you knew if you knew it contained ingredients that cause cancer?

That's too bad. It contains ingredients that cause cancer.

Would you still vouch for it if you knew if you knew it contained ingredients that cause cancer?

Everything in the world already causes cancer. Sorry to break it to you.

Now I regret not buying Aveeno shave gel when I saw it in the store...looks like I'm going to buy it next time. And ditto on the cancer quote. Cancer is everywhere you look...

:/

I just bought the CVS Therapeutic Shave Gel. It says that it's "Compare to Aveeno Skin Relief Active Naturals." I read that some of the ingredients could cause cancer? Anyone know if this true because this stuff sounds like it could be good for me to shave with(eases razor irritation on dry sensitive skin, fragrance free gel)

http://www.goodguide.com/products/280034-c...eutic-shave-gel and http://www.goodguide.com/products/169133-a...gel-therapeutic

idk what these scores mean but the CVS brands ingredients seem to have less harmful stuff? can anyone help me out - thanks

Edited by StanSmith

I tried something new called clear poreformance. I tried the conditioner because I'm always looking for one that won't break my back out. They have a shampoo, conditioner, and shaving cream all for acne. Unfortunatley, the conditioner did break me out but many people seem to swear by it. There is also a natural brand called Kairos (also made my back break out). All expensive but they do have a return policy. Clear Poreformance is 60 days. All available online only.