Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jork

Matt's Accutane Log

Lets start off my little journal of accutane by telling you guys about my past history of acne. I started getting acne when I was 12 years old, which was also the time my parents divorced and I went through some bad times. I like to think stress caused it, but I really dont know. Since I was sent to live with my grandparents while they divorced I really didn't care about things, and didn't do anything about it, kept getting worse, worse, and worse. Now im 13 years old face full of acne, and thought to my self I used to be really confident, and enjoyed life like nothing could hold me back. Then I kept thinking maybe its not the acne thats bothering me so much, that it's my parents. I decided I would try to elimate the one problem that I could help. I started getting over-the counter acne medications. They helped very little, not even a noticable difference. About a month before I turned 14 I demanded I went to a doctor immediatly. Nobody thought it bothered me, maybe because they never had acne. It was killing me inside and still is (hopefully that will change in 6 months). I got prescribed Micro Retin-A, Minocyclone, and Zoderm. I stuck with it till a week before I started Accutane. That's almost 2 years, and it didn't clear me, just controlled me. Still unsatisfied I asked to go to a derm, and she noticed that I have minor scarring now, and will continue to scar if it's not fixed asap. She actually reccomended accutane, and now here I am. Post ask questions they make me smile :D

Oh, and im almost 16 now (April 10th). Started 40 mg daily, weigh 135 lbs.

Logs (If your lazy to look down)

Pill#1 3/7/06 - I feel like I was a little tired after taking it
Pill#2 3/8/06 - I got a few new big pimples, oily skin. Little Tired
pill#3 3/9/06 - I really dont feel tired, dizzy, or anything anymore. My face feels a little less oily though
pill#4 3/10/06 - Nothing New
pill#5 3/11/06 - My back starts to hurt, and my legs
pill#6 3/12/06 - I think im starting to experiance joint pains, I dont know if its just in my head or what, but whenever I stay still and move it kills me, and I've never felt this way
pill#7 3/13/06 - I still have back pains, my skin feels less oily which is something im willing to trade for 5 months
pill#8 3/14/06 - Back Paints thats about it, I pretty much stopped playing guitar it kills me too much, and I try to avoid things that arch my back.
Pill#9 3/15/06 - My lips dont feel like they are even that chapped anymore. I feel like I should be a lot more dry right now. I hope the derm ups my dose to 80 mg next visit. I want to get this over with asap and want to make absolute sure I use an efficient amount so I dont get it again
Pill#10 3/16/06 - Nothing new really, few new pimples, finished first box of 10
Pill#11 3/17/06 - Back Pains, pimples gone. I still think I should be more dry
Pill#12 3/18/06 - Back Pains
Pill#13 3/19/06 - More Back Pains
Pill#14 3/20/06 - Ehh once again some back pains
Pill#15 3/21/06 - Back Pains, my lips dont even feel chapped, my skin dont feel that dry I feel like somethings wrong?
Pill#21 3/27/06 - Sorry haven't updated in awhile the only thing really new is nothing lol. I still have some back pains, but my lips are more chapped than ever it seems. *prays*
Pill#23 3/29/06 - Chapped Lips thats about it, went to derm today as well and got it raised to 60 mg daily
Pill#27 4/2/06 - Black heads! Yuck! never had them in my life and now I doo all over my nose. Besides that chapped lips the usual 

Sounds pretty exciting, I hope you are happy with the results!

By the way, how was your acne at the time he prescribed the tane to you?

It actually wasen't that bad at all, but my skin was starting to scar. I had horrible acne from 12-13 I never did anything about it. Then I got Micro Retin-A, Zoderm, and Minicyclone. From 13-15 it cleared me up a lot, but I was unsatisfied with my results since yeah almost 2 1/2 years on it and I wasent clear. It controlled me to an extent, but wasent acceptable in my head.

I told my Dad I wanted go to a Derm, instead of my family doctor (Who prescribed Retina, etc). I came in knowing about accutane, not saying a word. Then too my suprise she said have you heard about accutane, da da da, and then she prescribed it.

hey whats up man ! good luck on your course if you have questions just ask anyone on here they will definitely help you out. i just finished 3 months and all the sympoms you have i had. they go away with time. i heard vitamin e takes down the symptoms and fish oil keeps your blood tests good. check out my log if you want, its in my signature thing - you probably will go through the same thing, i cant tell from your pic but looks like itll clear up just fine. oh yea, try not to get anymore of those cuts on your face during accutane BELIEVE ME itll take months to heal, the skin heals soooo slowly.

my bad for the long post, good luck !

Updated

Things on my mind are what else can I take while on accutane to heal the red marks/scars quicker? Some type of cream, pill?

Another thing my lips are getting chapped, any reccomendations?

For the lips, I LOVE Burt's Bees. It is amazing! Not too thick or goopy, and it doesn't look like you are wearing lip gloss or chapstick. ALL my friends, guys AND girls, swear by the stuff.

To heal the red marks, stop the acne from forming - that is what you are doing! But to heal them faster? I Don't know.. if you find something please tell me! Haha... But I have heard from everyone not to use anything on your face, as accutane makes your skin really fragile. I would just give it up and wait for the accutane to do its thing!

What's up dude? I just thought it was pretty cool that you started tane on my birthday. Good luck with your course. We should be done around the same time so that will be cool; it will be like a race to see who gets clear first lol. Alright, I'll talk to ya later.

haha its on theres nothing more awesome than a race, I race motocross :D . Goodluck though.

and what I meant was a certain moisturizer, pill, etc that is known to help heal scars quicker. Im going to ask my derm next visit, and I'll be sure to let you guys know whats up :)

Anyways, Thank you for all the kind comments.

Thanks Posh, goodluck to you too.

Was weird, today actually a few girls "flirted" with me. I wish my acne didn't kill my confidence to throw them off :\ Acne has ruined so many relationships with me. I always give everyone the wrong message, and send them to another direction. I just want to be my self in 5 months, I really hope accutane is my miracle

well about stuff to help scars heal quicker on accutane....the fact is, NOTHING heals quickly on accutane. i dont know about 40 mg but i started on 80, and it takes ages to heal stuff, no matter what cream i use. so i stopped trying to heal it and just let it go without putting anything except neosporin oitment at night over my lips and wherever theres a big cyst or something. just dont try anything that could possibly make it worse, because believe me, you will remember it for a loooooong time ;)

Thanks for thee feedback Taxi, hmmm well im just glad im on accutane not much else I can think of lol.

I have been using polysporin on spots that I uh accidently pick and are red and scabby, it seems to help them fade quicker. But my strongest advice would be to avoid picking, avoid even touching your face as much as possible.

Good luck with accutane!

Andrea

haha its on theres nothing more awesome than a race, I race motocross :D . Goodluck though.

and what I meant was a certain moisturizer, pill, etc that is known to help heal scars quicker. Im going to ask my derm next visit, and I'll be sure to let you guys know whats up :)

What do you ride? 125's, 250's?

What do you ride? 125's, 250's?

125 RM, yea 2 stroke suck lol. I plan on getting a four stroke sometime before this summer ends cause thats were the competetion is.

Just got back from the derm and she rasied my dose to 60 mg day! Yay im happy lol If I could I'd take 120mg a day.

Im on a system like this

Day1 2x 40 mg pills

Day2 1x 40 mg pills

Repeat

Anyways thank you everyone for posting

NO dude, seriously...you wouldn't be able to stand 120mg a day! Your lips would bleed and bleed even if you smiled.

OMG...Your names Matt as well :) Welcome to the family here at acne.org mate.

uhh im getting blackheads!! I've never had black heads before oh boy. I was like woah mom what are these little bumps all over my nose? she looked at them and said black heads. :(

Wow I really havent updated this in awhile sorry!

well 4-19-06

I seemed to break out a lot in my cheeks, but its pretty much gone now. I dont really have any pimples that bother me. I still have some small ones on my forhead. I have a million redmarks that still bother me. I notice some scarring in my cheeks, hopefully I can get that fixed. Dunno what else to say:)

5-4-06

Nothing is new, I seem to be getting new pimples still, and the redmarks are even worse than before. I feel like it's stopped working, eh well im going to be optimistic till the full length then bitch if it dont work lol.

Derm Appointment on Monday to start Month # 3

5/19/06 - Still getting pimples, just chapped lips, no bad side effects. I notice im improvingg a little, still not happy with my results though. I still have time though. I hope lol.

blackheads started appearing also on my nose bridge on my third week. my derm performs acne surgery on me. does your derm do too? are you experiencing skin dryness (other than the lips, of course)? well, im wishing you luck!

dry skin's sooo much better than oily skin! :D