Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Boil some water and let it cool down, then use one whole lemon. Drink after a meal, and never on an empty stomach.

What I do is take one whole lemon and squeeze it into a cup. Then I pour in the same amount of water as the there is lemon juice. I do this in the morning and at night.

Boil some water and let it cool down, then use one whole lemon. Drink after a meal, and never on an empty stomach.

why not on an empty stomach? what will happen? i thought it would be better to cleanse and all that...

Can you just drink the fresh lemon juice that you buy in a bottle at the grocery store.....

One Lemon lasts me about half a week and I have a hot cup of Lemon Water each morning. You shouldn't have to use a whole Lemon every day.

And yes, it definately helps. I think it's more beneficial to take it on an empty stomach, especially in the morning as it's mainly used for cleansing and preparing your digestive system for the day.

Lee.

Can you just drink the fresh lemon juice that you buy in a bottle at the grocery store.....

Yes, yes! This is very good for you, and brings your blood level down increasingly.

Make sure you use 100% organic lemon or lime juice.

Off topic slightly, this also makes an excellent chaser drink. :cool:

1. Cold water (taste better no?) Why? Tempature doesn't affect pH nor the composition of the lemon water.

2. One lemon for half a week? Wow, that basically means you're getting very very little lemon juice within every water bottle. Personally, I dont see how this would be beneficial, it's not for the flavour.

Half a lemon a day would be ok, I personally take 1 per day but that's just me.

Half a lemon per day would mean 3.5 lemons in a week (yeah math is my forté), that's under $2 per week.

I dont see any reason to ration the lemons.

3. Also, I have read that the ideal time to drink lemon water juice is in the morning before you eat anything and at night not too long before going to sleep, apparently it has the most effect when drank at these times.

I personally drink lemon water juice on an empty stomach all the time, and I feel perfectly fine, I dont know why the other person said to drink it after a meal... if anything, you shouldn't be drinking too many things after a meal in order to let your body properly digest the food.

Well lemons lower your blood sugar levels, so drinking lemon water on an empty stomach could make you a little tired. Each to his own I guess... It does help to combat the sugar rush if you eat too much junk in one meal, so that's why I said it's good to drink lemon juice/water after a meal.

Well lemons lower your blood sugar levels, so drinking lemon water on an empty stomach could make you a little tired. Each to his own I guess... It does help to combat the sugar rush if you eat too much junk in one meal, so that's why I said it's good to drink lemon juice/water after a meal.

no it doesn't. Insulin lowers your blood glucose levels (and you stimulate insulin with carbs)

and it doesn't matter really, blood gluc levels are regulated homeostatically within a certain healthy range, there's very little you can do to affect them unless you go on a severly calorie restricted diet or inject insulin.

What is with you people are lemon juice too? You realize the lemon juice giving the purpoted effects is because of the vitamin C. take a pill it's easier. Guava has way more vitamin C than lemon so eat that instead.

i believe tomatoes do too.

no it doesn't. Insulin lowers your blood glucose levels (and you stimulate insulin with carbs)

and it doesn't matter really, blood gluc levels are regulated homeostatically within a certain healthy range, there's very little you can do to affect them unless you go on a severly calorie restricted diet or inject insulin.

http://www.mendosa.com/acidic_foods.htm

I drink lemon water on an empty stomach all the time... I don't see why one shouldn't.

leah is ur last name crutcher? just wondering , nothing personal

I drink lemon water on an empty stomach all the time... I don't see why one shouldn't.

leah is ur last name crutcher? just wondering , nothing personal

Nope.

http://www.mendosa.com/acidic_foods.htm

enjoy, biology 101:

http://www.saburchill.com/IBbiology/chapters02/005.html

Same study referenced (again, same link: http://www.mendosa.com/acidic_foods.htm):

New research confirms that vinegar can reduce blood glucose. It may also help us lose weight. Diabetes Care just published the results of a study, “Vinegar Improves Insulin Sensitivity to a High-Carbohydrate Meal in Subjects With Insulin Resistance or Type 2 Diabetes,� by Dr. Carol Johnston and two associates in the department of nutrition at Arizona State University in Mesa, Arizona.

About one-third of the 29 volunteers in the study had been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, another third had signs that they could become diabetic, and the rest were healthy. Dr. Johnston and her associates gave each participant 20 grams of apple cider vinegar in water and sweetener or a placebo to drink immediately before they ate a high-carbohydrate breakfast consisting of orange juice, a bagel, and butter. A week later, each volunteer came back for the opposite premeal treatment and then the same breakfast. After both meals, the researchers sampled blood from the participants.

Although all three groups in the study had better blood readings after meals begun with vinegar cocktails, those with prediabetes had the best results. Vinegar cut their blood-glucose rise in the first hour after a meal by about half, compared with readings after a placebo premeal drink. But those with diabetes were about 25 percent better.

Dr. Johnson writes me that the vinegar group in her testing lost an average of 2 pounds. “This was an unexpected finding  and is unpublished. We need to conduct a trial to examine this more closely. The purpose of the 4 week trial where we noted weight loss was to explore the effect of vinegar on blood cholesterol  we measured weight to control for this variable. There was no change in the placebo group and an average of 2 pounds weight loss in the vinegar group. It’s all so interesting.�

i will agree with you that vinegar does enhance insulin sensitivity even in healthy people but it's not lemon juice in the end. I don't even know why we got on the topic of vinegar, lemon juice isn't gonna do it. I have read nothing on that, vinegar i have. Not to mention what does reducing blood glucose (in the short term mind you, like after a meal, vinegar wont play a huge role in the long term i.e. over the course of a day, days, weeks etc) have to do with acne....at all. post that study, you can't it doesn't exist.

Same study referenced (again, same link: http://www.mendosa.com/acidic_foods.htm):

New research confirms that vinegar can reduce blood glucose. It may also help us lose weight. Diabetes Care just published the results of a study, “Vinegar Improves Insulin Sensitivity to a High-Carbohydrate Meal in Subjects With Insulin Resistance or Type 2 Diabetes,� by Dr. Carol Johnston and two associates in the department of nutrition at Arizona State University in Mesa, Arizona.

About one-third of the 29 volunteers in the study had been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, another third had signs that they could become diabetic, and the rest were healthy. Dr. Johnston and her associates gave each participant 20 grams of apple cider vinegar in water and sweetener or a placebo to drink immediately before they ate a high-carbohydrate breakfast consisting of orange juice, a bagel, and butter. A week later, each volunteer came back for the opposite premeal treatment and then the same breakfast. After both meals, the researchers sampled blood from the participants.

Although all three groups in the study had better blood readings after meals begun with vinegar cocktails, those with prediabetes had the best results. Vinegar cut their blood-glucose rise in the first hour after a meal by about half, compared with readings after a placebo premeal drink. But those with diabetes were about 25 percent better.

Dr. Johnson writes me that the vinegar group in her testing lost an average of 2 pounds. “This was an unexpected finding  and is unpublished. We need to conduct a trial to examine this more closely. The purpose of the 4 week trial where we noted weight loss was to explore the effect of vinegar on blood cholesterol  we measured weight to control for this variable. There was no change in the placebo group and an average of 2 pounds weight loss in the vinegar group. It’s all so interesting.�

Vinegar is also an appetite suppressant. Not sure biologically how it works, but try taking a swig of apple cider vinegar a few minutes before each meal, and you'll eat less (mostly because it makes you slightly nauseous). Just giving a possibility for the weight loss in the study.