Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xxbobmckeexx

1st thing a newb should do. The foundation.

If you are just starting out on a diet/holistic route the first things you need to do are:

1. Change to higher alkaline diet (vegies or fruit every meal)

2. Colon cleanse (best is blessedherbs.com, second best are colinix and oxy powder)

3. Have a anti candida diet (if you are going more alkaline then you should have this, this cuts out as much sugar, white flour, caffiene, etc as possible. With the ideal cutting out 80-90% of what you do now. This isn't anti carb but instead anti-BAD-carb). We just dont' want high amounts of refined sugars as they spell destruction for the liver.

4. Get the basic vitamins (best to do through foods but if not you need ample amounts of C, Zinc, B-vitamins, calcium, and a multi. Again this is best through whole natural foods. Spinach is king of the veggies)

Each is a topic on its own, but if you are starting out then these are the foundational aspects.

IF you aren't doing these three then I doubt you are following a diet/holistic path.

These are also all internal aspects (having nothing to do with soaps and what not). So these lay the ground work. As for topicals, the diet/holistic way is typically summed up as less is more. So we use less and less topical products/soaps. Some of us use aloe or jojoba oil to moisturize but I think we try to use as little ON the face as possible. Those three things are essential and without all three I don't think you can test effectiveness of any other strategies because you don't have the framework of a healthy system.

I can't stress how important these three are.

If you aren't doing all three then eating healthy oil diets/trying new changes/etc. will have little or no effect because your system (body) is operating at a 3 or 4 instead of a 8 or 9. If your body is slow then hardly any diet/holistic approaches will work for you.

SO IF YOU ARE NEW, LAY THE FOUNDATION.

I find it amusing that people search for some fancy way to cure the skin while the basic foundational things as described in this post will cure 80% or more of the non-hormal acne cases on this site.

I was going to put together a book so people could learn but no one really cares about the basics. They will take massive amounts of b5 or try drinking lemon water, maybe putting on a new topical, yet they won't do the basic stuff to stay healthy. If I made a post that said, "new topical that cures acne in days." everyone would be asking where to buy and how much to use.

Yet if I tell you how to change your diet/health lifestyle to cure acne in one month then everyone keeps searching for some EASIER way.

I guess it is just like anything else. Only few will put in the work to get better. Look at America and how obese we are. No one takes care of their health. They just want to go to the doctor when they are sick.

The same is with acne. No one wants preventitive measures, they want something that can start taking that will change them. Hence the popularity of things like drinking lemon water, etc.

Not to knock lemon water, I drink it and it probably helps. But if you are eating at Burger King during the day and taking some lemon water at night then guess who will still have bad skin?

I guess those who know the answers get bored of telling people because no one listens. They all want the quick fix. Which leaves the blind to lead the blind on this site. And more misinformation to be spread.

10 days ago I asked people if they wanted to put together a book to explain how to clear skin in a natural way, 1 person responded saying they wanted to help. It doesn't surprise me.

I agree with most of what you've said. But see, it's not THAT simple. For example, a lot of people here are teens who have to eat what their parents buy...

Also, I've been doing pretty much what you outlined in your first post, and it did clear up my skin for awhile, but not permanently. Now I am doing liver flushes and it seems to be helping. But it's not easy... I mean, I've thrown up on every one of my flushes. I'd kinda feel bad recommending this stuff to most other people, y'know? It's not the safest, simplest thing in the world.

I agree with most of what you've said. But see, it's not THAT simple. For example, a lot of people here are teens who have to eat what their parents buy...

Also, I've been doing pretty much what you outlined in your first post, and it did clear up my skin for awhile, but not permanently. Now I am doing liver flushes and it seems to be helping. But it's not easy... I mean, I've thrown up on every one of my flushes. I'd kinda feel bad recommending this stuff to most other people, y'know? It's not the safest, simplest thing in the world.

true. I understand, but if you have the ability to buy food then you should make the right choices.

I didn't say this would clear everyone but instead that it is a foundation. And I think it is the most important foundational stuff. It just bugs me when people try things and don't even lay the foundation.

I didn't say this would clear everyone

while the basic foundational things as described in this post will cure 80% or more of the non-hormal acne cases on this site.

Well, 80% technically isn't "everyone", but that's an awfully bold statement none the less.