Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zxc

Feeling good again

Hello everyone! Hope you all see improvement in your scars!

I can now report that I am feeling MUCH MUCH better because I have found that needling works. It has completely changed my mood and I do not have a depression anymore.

My scars are not gone, but they are improving, and if I continue they will disappear.

Thanks for your help!

How long have you been doing this for? Do you have a link to where you've been buying your needles? Do you push down until you hear a pop? How often do you do it? Once a month? I just bought the Super Cop x2 stuff and it should be coming any day now. I want to do the needling, let it heal, and then do super cop.

Hello, I never posted on this forum but I've been checking it for half a year now.

I was never obsessed with my scars, always tought that laser would improve them, but then after reading all the posts here I gave up any interest in such a heavy torture.

So I found the needling tread started by Maya and eventualy tried it myself. I did it on several occasions starting in november, usualy 5 weeks appart and I see some realy good improvement on the scars. I use no topicals, I just let it heal and I don't do the whole face at the time because of scabs. Most of the scars got softer and less apparent after the second time.

The procedure itself gave me selfconfidence, coz it's easy to perform at home and as I experienced not any time my scars worsened.

Though I use sterile needles the risk of inflamation is always present, but I also think it depends on quality of your personal imunity system.

For the note I have many shallow and few moderate scars, ice-picks, boxcar and rolling.

Sorry for my spelling, English is not my mother toungue.

Hello, I never posted on this forum but I've been checking it for half a year now.

I was never obsessed with my scars, always tought that laser would improve them, but then after reading all the posts here I gave up any interest in such a heavy torture.

So I found the needling tread started by Maya and eventualy tried it myself. I did it on several occasions starting in november, usualy 5 weeks appart and I see some realy good improvement on the scars. I use no topicals, I just let it heal and I don't do the whole face at the time because of scabs. Most of the scars got softer and less apparent after the second time.

The procedure itself gave me selfconfidence, coz it's easy to perform at home and as I experienced not any time my scars worsened.

Though I use sterile needles the risk of inflamation is always present, but I also think it depends on quality of your personal imunity system.

For the note I have many shallow and few moderate scars, ice-picks, boxcar and rolling.

Sorry for my spelling, English is not my mother toungue.

congratulationts to both zxc and Maja !

Maja you should at leat use some topical antibiotic to avoid infections. By the way, do you always scab when you do self-needling? How many time do you needle each scar? Thank you !

Maja you should at leat use some topical antibiotic to avoid infections. By the way, do you always scab when you do self-needling? How many time do you needle each scar? Thank you !

If the blood comes out, I scab. Scabs usualy stay on my face for one week.

I got a lot of tiny ice-picks which i needle only once, I stop when I haer the cracking sound and then I pull the needle out. Biger scars I needle many times. Some of them are on the side of my fece, so I strech my skin to needle the whole surface of the scar. If feel the pain, I take the skin between my fingers, pull it up and then do the needling to avoid deeper injuries.

Hello everyone! Hope you all see improvement in your scars!

I can now report that I am feeling MUCH MUCH better because I have found that needling works. It has completely changed my mood and I do not have a depression anymore.

My scars are not gone, but they are improving, and if I continue they will disappear.

Thanks for your help!

Im happy for your needling success so far, zxc.. :D but.. have you given up on the scenar? (I think i spelled it wrong..)

Hi zxc -

What type of scars does needling seem to be most effective? What about superficial scars, does it seem to help superficial versus deeper scars.

Congratulations on your success! It is great to hear of progress.

Dan

I tried needling, just once a long while back and while it did cause some initial swelling which looked good, it also served to release a bit of fluid I think which made the chronic inflammation in the scar look better. The only problems is it made it very red :evil: but the texture did seem better for a little bit... then when it completely healed it went back to the same. I decided not to continue since my derm had told me to not do anything to irritate the skin at the time. I'm wondering how many times on average people needle before they see results. I just thought my scar tissue healed back the exact same.

Have you totally stopped using the Scenar now or are you using that for red marks? I'm still thinking of getting one since even the red marks going would be nice and i think it could be useful for all sorts of things. Do you think there's any point getting the more expensive Diadens-T with a wider range of frequencies and diagnostic stuff, or is the 77Hz all the average person would use?