Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Butorov

Does smoking make your acne worse?

Hey! I think smoking cigarettes makes your acne worse... what do you guys think? It seems as if my face is getting rough after smoking cigarettes. I think i started to get blackheads because of that. Not sure though. Any thoughts?

I would probably say smoking is bad for things a lot more permanent than acne. Such as your lungs and throat, not to mention your wallet.

Just a thought.

I watched my grandfather suffer the last 19 years of his life from multiple cancers after smoking for the majority of his life, until it ultimately killed him. Unfortunately, 3 of his 5 kids will follow in his footsteps.

This is just my little soapbox. Good luck!

Someone told me that smoking allows smoke to get in your face and your face will produce oil thus making you break out. Some of my friends notice they breakout after they smoke weed. ANyways cigarrettes are bad for many reasons, and if you were really as bothered by acne as the rest of the people here were, you'd throw your cig pack out right now.

Guest jollajolla

weed hasn't affected my skin at all. cigarettes would obviously be worse, though.

i dont notice my self break out more or anything. Plus smoking doesnt cause cancer. Show me a report that says smoking causeing cancer. It might make it worse but cancer is from mainly genes. Like tanning doesnt cause skin cancer it may make it worst. Nethier of these have been 100 percent proven. You should read information about this not on the web but through data bases like SIR, Issues and controversies and ect for valid info.

i dont notice my self break out more or anything. Plus smoking doesnt cause cancer. Show me a report that says smoking causeing cancer. It might make it worse but cancer is from mainly genes. Like tanning doesnt cause skin cancer it may make it worst. Nethier of these have been 100 percent proven. You should read information about this not on the web but through data bases like SIR, Issues and controversies and ect for valid info.

Haha, quit talking out of your ass man, maybe smoking doesn't cause cancer but it does increase the chance of getting it with like 1000%. Either way smoking doesn't make your acne worse, it does however make the skin age faster.

Thumbilina - that could be the result of the stress from quitting smoking. Last year I tried to quit smoking and I broke out HOORRRRIIBBBLLLY from the stress.

But if you're quitting, then a break out is worth it. I wussed out - still on a pack a day.

:naughty: Do you ever see those men and women in their mid-forties who have been smoking for years? They look like alligator bags.. very scaley and harsh and much older than they are. Not to mention their incredibly bad stank breath. How gross. Who cares if it hurts or helps your acne. Lets think more about your entire well-being.

i gave up smoking for a month and my skin cleared up, but then i started smoking again. damn smoking. i dont know if it was the smoking or just a clear month.. if someone told me for sure that my acne would be gone if i quit then i could quit in a second

I think what you mean is that smoking dooes not cause cancer in all instances. Genetics does not cause cause cancer in all instances either. What smoking, and genetics, do is they increase the risk of cancer in that population of individuals. So neither will cause cancer in every individual, but in the individuals who do develop cancer a majority of cases will be caused by smoking or gentics. Smoke contains carcinogens, which damage DNA, damaged DNA can cause cancer.