Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BEACHDREAMER

BLU-U ACNE LIGHT TREATMENT

CURRENTLY I WAS TWICE A DAY WITH B PROX 10% WASH MADE BY DERMATOLOGICA COSMETIC LABORATORIES. I GET THE WASH FROM MY DERMATOLOGIST. I FIND THAT IT HELPS WITH THE OIL A LOT.

I'VE TRIED ANTIBIOTICS, BUT I AM ALLERGIC TO MINOCYCLINE AND PENOCILLIN SO I CAN'T USE ANY ANTIBIOTICS.

I HAD A SEVERE REACTION TO THE MINOCYCLINE AND THEN THE PHARMACY FILLED THE PREDNISONE PRESCRIPTION THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO FIX THE ALLERGIC REACTION WITH A MUSCLE RELAXER INSTEAD OF THE PREDNICONE. IT WAS AN AWFUL EXPERIENCE. I WAS ON THE STEROIDS (PREDNISONE) FOR A MONTH FOR THE ALLERGIC REACTION AND DURING THAT TIME SUPRISINGLY THE PREDNISONE CLEARED UP MY ACNE. MY DERMATOLOGIST SAID THAT STEROIDS USUALLY DO HELP WITH ACNE BUT BECAUSE THE EFFECT THEY HAVE ON YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM THAT I CAN'T STAY ON THEM FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME.

I JUST WENT BACK TO THE DERM FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE MY REACTION AND HE WANTS ME TO TRY A NEW ANTIBIOTIC THAT I'VE NEVER TAKEN. ITS A SULFA DRUG, SEPTRA. I'M SO AFRAID OF HAVING ANOTHER ALLERGIC REACTION THAT I HAVEN'T FILLED THE PRESCRIPTION. I'VE ASKED FOR ACCUTANE BECAUSE I'VE TRIED DUAC, DIFFERIN, CLYNDIMICIAN, PROACTIV, ACNE FREE, AND EVERY OTHER OVER THE COUNTER PRODUCT YOU CAN THINK OF BUT HE SAYS MINE ISN'T SEVERE ENOUGH TO GET ACCUTANE. (I DISAGREE)

ANYWAY I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT ON SATURDAY TO GET THE FIRST OF 8 BLU-U LIGHT TREATMENTS. I AM SOOOO EXCITED AND I HOPE THIS WORKS!!! I WILL KEEP MY PROGRESS WITH THIS NEW LIGHT TREATMENT POSTED SO HOPEFULLY IT WILL HELP SOME OTHER PEOPLE!

Please tell me how this goes for you as i am currently investigating whether it is worth getting Bluelight done myself. With the blue light treatment i will be getting they are also using ALA which lets the light travel deeper into my skin. This makes you highly sensitive to light for the next to days however. This is a big issue for me because i have to go to work in the mornings when its really sunny. I am going to try my best to hide in the shady areas and wack on really strong sun screen.

I have had Accutane once before for 8 months and it helped a great deal (besides the crappy side effects) but then 1 year later i got a new job and was under alot of stree so i broke out again really bad. I am currently using COSMEDIX products and COSMEDIX purity peels once every 3-4 weeks. They help a GREAT deal ! and i do not break out as much but because it is hormonal i still break out with little zits.

Please let me know how you go with BLUELIGHT

Thanks

CURRENTLY I WAS TWICE A DAY WITH B PROX 10% WASH MADE BY DERMATOLOGICA COSMETIC LABORATORIES. I GET THE WASH FROM MY DERMATOLOGIST. I FIND THAT IT HELPS WITH THE OIL A LOT.

I'VE TRIED ANTIBIOTICS, BUT I AM ALLERGIC TO MINOCYCLINE AND PENOCILLIN SO I CAN'T USE ANY ANTIBIOTICS.

I HAD A SEVERE REACTION TO THE MINOCYCLINE AND THEN THE PHARMACY FILLED THE PREDNISONE PRESCRIPTION THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO FIX THE ALLERGIC REACTION WITH A MUSCLE RELAXER INSTEAD OF THE PREDNICONE. IT WAS AN AWFUL EXPERIENCE. I WAS ON THE STEROIDS (PREDNISONE) FOR A MONTH FOR THE ALLERGIC REACTION AND DURING THAT TIME SUPRISINGLY THE PREDNISONE CLEARED UP MY ACNE. MY DERMATOLOGIST SAID THAT STEROIDS USUALLY DO HELP WITH ACNE BUT BECAUSE THE EFFECT THEY HAVE ON YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM THAT I CAN'T STAY ON THEM FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME.

I JUST WENT BACK TO THE DERM FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE MY REACTION AND HE WANTS ME TO TRY A NEW ANTIBIOTIC THAT I'VE NEVER TAKEN. ITS A SULFA DRUG, SEPTRA. I'M SO AFRAID OF HAVING ANOTHER ALLERGIC REACTION THAT I HAVEN'T FILLED THE PRESCRIPTION. I'VE ASKED FOR ACCUTANE BECAUSE I'VE TRIED DUAC, DIFFERIN, CLYNDIMICIAN, PROACTIV, ACNE FREE, AND EVERY OTHER OVER THE COUNTER PRODUCT YOU CAN THINK OF BUT HE SAYS MINE ISN'T SEVERE ENOUGH TO GET ACCUTANE. (I DISAGREE)

ANYWAY I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT ON SATURDAY TO GET THE FIRST OF 8 BLU-U LIGHT TREATMENTS. I AM SOOOO EXCITED AND I HOPE THIS WORKS!!! I WILL KEEP MY PROGRESS WITH THIS NEW LIGHT TREATMENT POSTED SO HOPEFULLY IT WILL HELP SOME OTHER PEOPLE!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i had my fist blue-u treatment today! i'm so excited, i hope it works. i have to go back twice a week for the next 4 weeks. the doctor is very hopeful that it will be successful. it's not as expensive as i thought it would be. the cost is 50.00 per week (25.00 per visit) so i paid 200 dollars for the whole treatment. They ususally do the treatment first without the levulen, whhick make you extra sensitive to the blue light. If it doesn't work then they try it with the levulen to make you me sensitive. If it's done without the leveulen it doesn't really cause peeling, just a little redness. i'm actually not really red at all.

They also put me on a product called solvere. It's a 4 step kit. step 1 is cleanser with 2% salicylic acid, step two is toner pads with green tea extract and zinc, step 3 is acne clearing gel with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, and step 4 is moisturizer with no oil and vitamin a,c,e green tea extract, and co-qt10(whatever that is???).

the doctor told me that she has patients that have cleared the skin with just the solvere product alone, so combining it with the blue light will hopefully be very successful. They are going to do a free micro dermabrasion at the end of the blue-u treatments. I will keep my progress updated so that hopefully it will help others!

The place i go is called dermacare, their website is dermacareusa.com...check it out!

AWSOME !

Please let me know how it goes.

I am getting BLUELIGHT + LEVULAN tomorrow for the first time.

Hope it all goes well!

how did your luvulen+blu-u traeatment go?

I had my 4th blu-u treatment today but before they did it they did a microdermabrasion. I feel like i look the same but they think i am getting better....they said it initially brings all the bacteria to the surface so it make you have an initial flare up, but i have 4 more treatments scheduled, we'll see how it goes! keep me updated with your progress with the blu-u. Today they said of i'm not clear by my 7th treatment then they want to add levulen but i know it make you really red and peeling for a week so i don't want to do that if it isn't necessary.

i dont think BLU- U is worth it without the LEVULAN ..

i started having acne last november 2008 from not having acne to like acne for me is already severe so in desperate attempt to bring back my previous skin condition i tried everything..

microdermabrasion with laser genesis and i went to dermatologist who gave me this new cream but it didnt work.. so i tried BLU-U without levulan..

i do it 3x a week for amount a month now and I still dont see any difference my breakouts are the same if not worst when its that time of the month again.. and my skin is not getting any better i dont know i guess its better if i just dont do anything