Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Today I am fasting! I plan on doing a 3 day fast to clear all the toxins out of my body.

According to the "Natural Cures, what they don't want you to know" book, you need to clear your body of toxins before you see any improvement in your specific Illness.

i know a lot of people say "well it may help for a little while, but once you start eating again it comes back". That's not true, If you eat more organic healthier foods, you may or may not get your illness back. Also, the book says that all drugs, prescription, and non prescription drugs are toxic, and should never be taken. It is a great book, i suggest all you 'healthy' people try reading it!

I'm just experimenting, so I'm hoping this will work for my acne!

I'm sorry but this just sounds really, really hokey.

Like, if you imagine one of those stupid "All-Herbal" remedy places, this is the type of thing you expect them to say. "Clear your body of toxins;" BAH!

I've never read the book, but I've read about it. All that would do is make me even more paranoid than I am now.

If I spent my life worrying about "toxins", that would be "toxic" for my mental health.

But good luck to you.

I'm sorry but this just sounds really, really hokey.

Like, if you imagine one of those stupid "All-Herbal" remedy places, this is the type of thing you expect them to say. "Clear your body of toxins;" BAH!

I'm not sure what you are trying to say, but theres nothing wrong with "All-Herbal". We put toxins in our body every day, from the water we drink, to the food we eat. It is good to fast because all this is cleared out.

Miss Josette: You do have a point! The book made me VERY paranoid, however, it does say that it is impossible to be 100% perfect and healthy.

You may clear toxins, but hell. Lets look at the other benefits.

hermoregulatory problems: Loss of body fat creates it so that the body has no way of insulating and keeping heat anymore. For the person with anorexia it seems like everyday, even if it is 85 degrees, is freezing. This can also be due to electrolyte disturbances from not eating properly.

Decreased eye movement

Insomnia: Mostly due from electrolytic disturbances and hormonal problems

Anemia: Poor blood from not enough iron; causes lack of vitality and problems with bruising frequently

Dental erosion: Yes, your teeth will rot with anorexia even if you do not purge. Most of those with anorexia do not get enough calcium in their diets and because of this the body begins to find calcium elsewhere and takes it out of body parts such as the bones but also the teeth. The teeth are stripped of the calcium and become weak.

Delayed gastric emptying: The tone of the stomach area becomes poor and weak so that it cannot produce the power to push out whatever food the person with anorexia does eat. This can lead to a lot of toxins building up inside which also weakens the immune system and leaves the person with anorexia susceptible to many more viruses.

Diarrhea: Also from the delayed gastric emptying, but can also be because of laxative abuse.

Dehydration

Acidosis:Blood becomes too acidic, which can lead to other sicknesses

Osteoporosis: Bones become significantly weakened, leaving the person with anorexia susceptible to broken bones from just falling out of bed.

Bradycardia: Slow/irregular heart beat.

Dysrhythmia: Heart out of rythm; sudden death

Edema: Occurs from not eating properly and also purging; there is a water retention imbalance which causes the feet and hands to swell

Ulcers

Amenorrhea: Indicates a failure of hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal interaction to produce cyclic changes in the endometrium resulting in menses. In other words the periods stop or do not start. Primary amenorrhea is the absence of menarche by age 16 and Secondary amenorrhea is the absence of menarche for more than 3 months.

Metabolic problems - Hypocalcemia: Low blood glucose levels from too low of weight and malnutrition. Signs of this include listlessness, jitteriness, and seizures.

Lanugo: A soft downy hair/fur begins to grow to try to insulate heat because the body does not have enough calories to burn to produce heat.

Decreased cardica muscle, mass chamber size, and output: This often leads to cardiac arrest

Hypkalemia: Deficiency of potassium

Dry skin

Brittle nails

Weak hair that often falls out: Along with dry skin and brittle nails this consequence is a result of not enough fat in the diet.

Urinary tract infections: Decreased fluid intake is the cause of this.

Loss of potassium: Can result in diminished reflexes, fatigue, and cardiac arrythmias.

.bulimia.

Thermoregulatory problems: Those with bulimia also have this problem. Electrolytic imbalances from purging usually cause the person with bulimia to have erratic temperature changes, so that one minute they are feeling warm and the next getting shivers and cold chills.

Insomnia: Mostly due from electrolytic disturbances and hormonal problems

Anemia: Purging wipes out precious iron from the person with bulimia's system.

Dental erosion: If the person with bulimia does not come forward about their problem, then most likely their dentist will spot it. The acid in our intestines that digests our food comes up when the person with bulimia purges, slowly deteriorating the enamel that protects the teeth. A dentist is able to spot this easily for the fact that many of them have had to go through specific courses when in dentistry school, which has given them a list of problems with the teeth caused specifically from repeated vomiting. The way the food and acid splash up against the teeth leaves a certain pattern that is the trademark of repeated vomiting. The constant erosion of the teeth usually leads to the enamel slewing off, and as a result, lots of cavities. It's not uncommon to hear of someone with bulimia to end up dealing with more than one root canal in their lifetime.

Ruptured blood vessels in the eyes

Paratoid swelling: Glands in the throat and mouth become irritated and swell.

Esophageal tears: The constant heaving of stomach acid eventually causes the stomach lining to wear off. The added pressure from purging also adds into this, and the person with bulimia stands a great risk of tearing their esophagus which leads to hemorraging and even rupturing of the esophagus.

Delayed gastric emptying: The tone of the stomach area becomes poor and weak so that it cannot produce the power to push out whatever food someone with bulimia eats. This can lead to a lot of toxins building up inside the body which also weakens the immune system and leaves the person susceptible to many viruses.

Chronic diarrhea and/or constipation : Those with bulimia often abuse laxatives, which can cause them to forever have diarrhea. In severe cases the person eventually loses all control over their bowels as well, forcing them to have to wear some form of a diaper.

Dehydration

Acidosis: Blood gets too acidic which can lead to other sicknesses

Osteoporosis : Bones become significantly weakened, leaving the person susceptible to broken bones from just falling out of bed.

Bradycardia: From purging, things called electrolytes become imbalanced. Electrolytes help control your heart's beat among other things, and once they are off balance your heart rate will suffer - most likely dropping too low.

Dysrhythmia: Sudden death from potassium levels being too low.

Edema: Bloating and water retention

Ulcers: The stomach lining slews off the more you throw up. Pretty soon the stomach has no protection against its acids, and the stomach acid starts to burn holes through the stomach. Eventually an ulcer forms and often becomes infected (think puss and germs - not pretty).

Amenorrhea: Some people think that you can only lose your period if you are underweight, but this is not true. Purging can seriously mess up a person's hormones which can lead to missing periods.

Metabolic problems - Hypocalcemia

Hypokalemia

Dry skin

Brittle nails

Urinary tract infections: Dehydration is common in those with bulimia, and bladder infections can become an often problem.

Loss of potassium : Purging, laxative, and diuretic abuse is a big factor into this. All three of these things causes vital fluids to be lost and creates the potassium levels of those with bulimia to drop dangerously low, setting them up for heart failure.

Chronic sore throat: Not fun to wake up every morning feeling like you have strep throat.

you do realize the guy who wrote the book (kevin trudeau) is a scam artist and has spent jail time for previous scams.

the idea is BS. dont starve yourself, that's dumb. This idea of cleansing is pure BS.

all drugs are toxic, but the reason you take them is because of the many benefits they provide, so its a tradeoff.

also, acne is not an illness, its just a skin condition that doesnt do you any harm at all, altho it is bloody annoying.

and finally, the chance of fasting clearing your acne is about... zero!

well, no, thats not true. i suppose it might go away while your starving because theres so energy in the immune system... but id rather have spots then be dead :)

Sounds like complete, utter shit to me. Purposely starving yourself is such an ignorant idea. "Fasting" is just a nice way of saying "starving" which is exactly what you are doing. You will end up doing more harm than good to your body.

And saying that all prescription (and non-prescription) drugs are all toxic and should not be taken is also as ignorant as you can get. Many people need to take these medicines in order to control conditions that can only be controlled by medicine. I know if I didn't take my prescription I would be bed-ridden because every joint in my body would be swollen 3 times it size.

Try not being so gullible.

I gotta agree it does sound like crap ....and thanks to the person who wrote out the whole eating disorder side effects...you helped me change my mind about a few things.

Nicky

Sounds like complete, utter shit to me. Purposely starving yourself is such an ignorant idea. "Fasting" is just a nice way of saying "starving" which is exactly what you are doing. You will end up doing more harm than good to your body.

And saying that all prescription (and non-prescription) drugs are all toxic and should not be taken is also as ignorant as you can get. Many people need to take these medicines in order to control conditions that can only be controlled by medicine. I know if I didn't take my prescription I would be bed-ridden because every joint in my body would be swollen 3 times it size.

Try not being so gullible.

That's just your opinion, I haven't taken a single drug in over a year, and I take vitamins daily, and eat raw organic food, and I feel great. I also haven't been sick In a long time, mainly because my parents would never let me take any drug when I was growing up, because they literally destroy your body, and decrease your lifespan.

The reason why you have to take a prescription is because you most likely have been taking them for a long period of time, and your body is now relying on the dangerous chemicals.

And.... I'd rather be gullible, then to be taking a drug that is decreasing my life, and destroying my body!!

I gotta agree it does sound like crap ....and thanks to the person who wrote out the whole eating disorder side effects...you helped me change my mind about a few things.

Nicky

I know it does sound like crap, but my complexion has improved. I ended up fasting for 3 days, drinking nothing but water, and my face has improved 100%. I'm glad i didn't take any of the advice you all gave me, because fasting works great!

that book is bullshit, please don't take it to heart. find another, legit book.

the man who wrote it used to do infomercials with numerous false claims, remember coral calcium? i can't remember what else he sold but there were lots. he's not a medical doctor. he's been sued MANY times and ordered to never do infomercials agian. sooo guess what he did to get aroudn that, he wrote a book. there was a dateline on him once.

people think it's legit because it's a new york times bestseller, and that many people can't be wrong, can they? yep, they're wrong and they're desperate, looking for anything that might cure them.

there are all sorts of other crazy cures in there, cant remember any now tho :wall:

the man who wrote it used to do infomercials with numerous false claims, remember coral calcium? i can't remember what else he sold but there were lots. he's not a medical doctor. he's been sued MANY times and ordered to never do infomercials agian. sooo guess what he did to get aroudn that, he wrote a book. there was a dateline on him once.

people think it's legit because it's a new york times bestseller, and that many people can't be wrong, can they? yep, they're wrong and they're desperate, looking for anything that might cure them.

there are all sorts of other crazy cures in there, cant remember any now tho :wall:

I do agree with you, he does go 'way overboard' on some topics. However, he does say that organic food is much better for you, and helps you live longer, and can get rid of certain illnesses...I do agree with that....And I do agree that Prescription and non prescription drugs do nothing but harm you in the long run..

you're a hippie nutbag. I cant wait til you get some sort of sickness, refuse the medication because you're absolutely fucking nuts and then suffer because of it. You deserve it for being so goddamn ignorant. Yea everyone's making chemicals thats killing us, please.

Goddamn how can you be so stupid. PLease dont breed.

I do agree with you, he does go 'way overboard' on some topics. However, he does say that organic food is much better for you, and helps you live longer, and can get rid of certain illnesses...I do agree with that....And I do agree that Prescription and non prescription drugs do nothing but harm you in the long run..

no doubt he does have SOME good ideas [mostly things you already know are good for oyu, like drink lots of water or whatever] but it's weeding those out from the quackery thats the problem. this man is verrrry good at making dangerous or useless things sound like healthy harmless miracles. be careful!

you're a hippie nutbag. I cant wait til you get some sort of sickness, refuse the medication because you're absolutely fucking nuts and then suffer because of it. You deserve it for being so goddamn ignorant. Yea everyone's making chemicals thats killing us, please.

Wow, you can get pretty angry over someones opinion. I suggest an anger management class. If everything I'm saying is making you angry, don't read it you pathetic lowlife.

Oh and by the way, your little hippie remark doesnt offend me, I've been called that a bunch of times, and I don't mind.

everything you say is just straight up ridiculous. Drugs are bad blah blah what the hell are you talking about. You just say they're bad not knowing ANYTHING about them at all. You're just so damn ignorant. You're right, all doctors, researches, chemical engineers are stupid because they make drugs that kill us. You know everything right? You're arrogant as hell thinking you know whats right and make blanket statements that people shouldn't take drugs.

Thanks for the suggestion for the anger management, i however suggest you stop telling people drugs are bad and telling others fasting is great because you're just an idiot. Idiots like you shouldn't be giving opinions.

Without reading the whole post, it's NOT going to work, I imagine just like the apple diet, your skin will clear, but then as you start to eat again, you'll break out, it seems a waste of time.

It would be much better to find something that works in the long term, such as the Regimen.

However, good luck, but trust me, I've been there, done this.

Without reading the whole post, it's NOT going to work, I imagine just like the apple diet, your skin will clear, but then as you start to eat again, you'll break out, it seems a waste of time.

It would be much better to find something that works in the long term, such as the Regimen.

However, good luck, but trust me, I've been there, done this.

Thanks for your advice, however, I did the regimen and it made my skin so red and cracked that my relatives asked me if I was burned. I now am using jojoba and tea tree and aloe vera, and It is working great.

You do have a very good point about fasting, that it only temporarily clears your skin, so that Is why I don't think I'll fast again. It was hard resisting food...but it did clear my forhead acne!

Wow, you can get pretty angry over someones opinion. I suggest an anger management class. If everything I'm saying is making you angry, don't read it you pathetic lowlife.

Oh and by the way, your little hippie remark doesnt offend me, I've been called that a bunch of times, and I don't mind.

everything you say is just straight up ridiculous. Drugs are bad blah blah what the hell are you talking about. You just say they're bad not knowing ANYTHING about them at all. You're just so damn ignorant. You're right, all doctors, researches, chemical engineers are stupid because they make drugs that kill us. You know everything right? You're arrogant as hell thinking you know whats right and make blanket statements that people shouldn't take drugs.

Thanks for the suggestion for the anger management, i however suggest you stop telling people drugs are bad and telling others fasting is great because you're just an idiot. Idiots like you shouldn't be giving opinions.

You just don't get it, so i'm not going to bother arguing with you.

I'm glad of who I am, and what I believe in, so If you don't like that, bite me.

Anyway, you deserve no more of my time.

It was hard resisting food...but it did clear my forhead acne!

How do you know there is a direct cause & effect relationship here?

It was hard resisting food...but it did clear my forhead acne!

How do you know there is a direct cause & effect relationship here?

Because fasting was the only thing I did differently! I have had cystic acne on my forehead for as long as I can remember, and I have tried evrything under the sun, and fasting was the only thing that cleared it up.

I asked my grandma why she thinks fasting worked, and she thinks acne is caused by the liver, so she thinks that my fasting cleared out my liver, thus clearing my forehead acne. NOTE: This is my Grandmas opinion, this is not mine, and this is not a 'cure', however I think she may have a point.

The reason why you have to take a prescription is because you most likely have been taking them for a long period of time, and your body is now relying on the dangerous chemicals.

The reason why I have to take a prescription is because I have a connective tissue disease. This is the one and only prescription I have been on and I'm only on it so I can function as a normal human being. If I didn't have the medicine I would be unable to move and take care of myself at all. Like I said, some people need prescriptions. They're not an evil or bad thing. To some they're a necessary part of life.

The reason why I have to take a prescription is because I have a connective tissue disease. This is the one and only prescription I have been on and I'm only on it so I can function as a normal human being. If I didn't have the medicine I would be unable to move and take care of myself at all. Like I said, some people need prescriptions. They're not an evil or bad thing. To some they're a necessary part of life.

I'm sorry to hear that, All I'm saying is that there is usually a natural way out of almost any disease, and if there isn't, then I guess you must take a drug. All I know is that I have tried a few over the counter drugs, and they made me feel horrible, but that's another story.

I am sorry If I offended you, but when you start saying my theory is utter "shit", when you cleary don't know what I'm talking about, that is a little irritating...

Geez, It's amazing to me how threatened people get by this topic. I would never take Accutane, but I don't go storming into those threads, giving people lists of all the bad things it's going to do to their body. Fasting for three days is WAY safer than that shit.

I'm glad you didn't listen to any of them, Amid the Falling Snow. Cleansing has helped me tremendously. The more I cleanse, the more I can eat what I want (within reason) and not break out.

Keep doing what you're doing, keep reading about cleansing. Look into bowel and liver cleansing. It takes time and patience, a lot of reading, but it's worth it. It's pretty great to watch your skin get better without the use of drugs. Good luck to ya.