Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys,

This is my second week on Accutane (Amnesteem) 40mg x 1 per day. I've had very oily skin my whole life (35yr old male) but have never had this much oil. I have to wipe my face off about 10 times a day.

Has anyone experienced this on accutane?

When did your oil dry up?

Did you use a moisturizer when you were oily or did you wait until the "tane" kicked in?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Tom (aka slmonkey2)

Hey guys,

This is my second week on Accutane (Amnesteem) 40mg x 1 per day. I've had very oily skin my whole life (35yr old male) but have never had this much oil. I have to wipe my face off about 10 times a day.

Has anyone experienced this on accutane?

When did your oil dry up?

Did you use a moisturizer when you were oily or did you wait until the "tane" kicked in?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Tom (aka slmonkey2)

What he asked :)

I am at the end of week one and very oily. I am moisturizing is it making it worse??? I started using mineral make up which helps not only by covering my acne but also helps absorb some of the oil. I don't want to offend any male by any means but why not brush on some translucent mineral powder??? You'll find it will help and it is not exactly wearing make up it's wearing minerals :)

Good luck to us slmonkey2, I look forward to reading about your progress.

A-

GIve ita month or so...that's what ahppened for me...and I didn't moisturize much until I started needing it. Not that you shouldn't...that's just what I did...