Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
floss

Empson salts and the liver flush

Just read a version of the liver flush in which bowel cleansing doesn't seem to be necessary due to taking empson salts the next day. I didn't bother to use them at all when i did my liver flush - could that be why i got no stones out that i could see?

Is it true these salts increase nausea and even be toxic? (cos the liver flush makes me feel sick enough like it is!)

Could taking these salts substitute for a salt water flush / enema the next day d'ya reckon?

You don't need to take all 4 tablespoons of ES... that's usually overkill for most people. All you really need is 1 tablespoon two hours before the dose. I think it's important because it relaxes the bile ducts so stones can move freely. ES can create nausea because they'll screw up your electrolytes. Plus, any laxative doesn't leave you feeling the greatest. You can do a SWF in place of the ES the next day.

Man! How can i get through a liver flush without throwing up? This method is just impossible for people without really strong stomachs. I can only manage a 2-cup salt water flush on an average day, after a liver flush it's quite simply impossible (for me)... :(

I thought maybe the empson salts could be an easier method of bowel cleansing but it sounds like that also makes you feel shit!

Man! How can i get through a liver flush without throwing up? This method is just impossible for people without really strong stomachs. I can only manage a 2-cup salt water flush on an average day, after a liver flush it's quite simply impossible (for me)... :(

I thought maybe the empson salts could be an easier method of bowel cleansing but it sounds like that also makes you feel shit!

Floss, try ginger. Make some really strong ginger tea by boiling some chopped up pieces of it for a like an hour, adding more water as necessary. You can drink some before the olive oil, but save at least enough to have two cups after the olive oil. Then peel and chop some up (like maybe an inch of root) and whiz it up with your OO/juice mixture. (just juice it if you have a juicer)

When you go to bed, SIT UP for like an hour and sip the tea. Then keep a cup of the tea right next to your bed and when you start to feel even the slightest bit nauseous, drink a couple of sips. This worked great for me, and I'm a puker too.

Are you totally opposed to getting a colonic? Can you afford it?

I did 2 SWFs the day after my most recent flush, and I broke out on my forehead anyway. So I think I'm going to be getting colonics after flushes from now on. I really think it is the ideal thing to do.

Just using Epsom salts probably wouldn't make you throw up, but I do think there'd be a good chance of your skin getting worse that way.

On a positive note, my forehead is now almost clear again (I did the flush 6 days ago), and the rest of my face cleared up quite a bit right after the liver flush... so my skin is a lot better than normal right now!

Unfortunately i'm short of money right now and anyway my impression is that colonics involve some total stranger sticking tubes up my rear end... If i was older and had given birth in front of a bunch of strangers maybe i'd find this less terrible but i'm only 20!

I MAY get one of those do-it-yourself enema things though, or are they also expensive?

I didn't break out at all after my last liver flush when i threw up an attempted SWF and only used Oxypowder - i don't know what to make of this, maybe my liver is actually not in a bad state at all? Or the flush just didn't work? I didn't see any stones either - but maybe this was cos i didn't use empson salts? :wall:

Unfortunately i'm short of money right now and anyway my impression is that colonics involve some total stranger sticking tubes up my rear end... If i was older and had given birth in front of a bunch of strangers maybe i'd find this less terrible but i'm only 20!

I know... I can't say I'm looking forward to it.

I MAY get one of those do-it-yourself enema things though, or are they also expensive?

No, I think they're pretty cheap. I don't have any experience with enemas, though.

I didn't break out at all after my last liver flush when i threw up an attempted SWF and only used Oxypowder - i don't know what to make of this, maybe my liver is actually not in a bad state at all? Or the flush just didn't work? I didn't see any stones either - but maybe this was cos i didn't use empson salts? :wall:

Well, I think if you didn't get any stones, then there'd be no reason for you to break out... the flush didn't work.

You should definitely take 1 dose of Epsom salts (between 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon) 2 hours before taking the oil. This should help you get stones out. I'm sure you do have stones.

Floss...didn't we already go over all of this with you? You did a few things wrong...you didn't mix it....plus, you ate too late. Both of those things seperately can make most people throw up.

I agree with Hoppy about the ES thing too. Totally.

Just read a version of the liver flush in which bowel cleansing doesn't seem to be necessary due to taking empson salts the next day. I didn't bother to use them at all when i did my liver flush - could that be why i got no stones out that i could see?

Is it true these salts increase nausea and even be toxic? (cos the liver flush makes me feel sick enough like it is!)

Could taking these salts substitute for a salt water flush / enema the next day d'ya reckon?

I did a flush and got no stones.

I did it exactly as described. 2 drinks at night (then I took a whole pint of olive oil/lemon juice) then 2 drinks in the morning.

And yes I threw up.

There are two different kinds: closed and open. I can't remember which is which and I've only had one kind, which is probably the kind you want. Haha, I know that's not very helpful.

With one, you insert the speculum yourself (very easy) and you lay back and cover yourself up before the therapist even comes in. All they do is regulate the water flow and temp really. You just release whenever you need to. This is probably the kind you want, especially if you're not too stoked to begin with.

The other kind, the therapist inserts and you have to let them know when you want to release. No thanks.

For the puking, try the ginger. It worked like magic for me.

I remember one time I thought I was gonna splurge, but peppermint tea saved me. Altoids and peppermint candies should help too.

Are you totally opposed to getting a colonic? Can you afford it?

I did 2 SWFs the day after my most recent flush, and I broke out on my forehead anyway. So I think I'm going to be getting colonics after flushes from now on. I really think it is the ideal thing to do.

Not to mention, less messy :D

I did it exactly as described. 2 drinks at night (then I took a whole pint of olive oil/lemon juice) then 2 drinks in the morning.

And yes I threw up.

Bowel cleansing is always necessary after a LF.

Bob - Did you take any stone-breakers prior to the LF? Was this your first?

There are two different kinds: closed and open. I can't remember which is which and I've only had one kind, which is probably the kind you want. Haha, I know that's not very helpful.

With one, you insert the speculum yourself (very easy) and you lay back and cover yourself up before the therapist even comes in. All they do is regulate the water flow and temp really. You just release whenever you need to. This is probably the kind you want, especially if you're not too stoked to begin with.

The other kind, the therapist inserts and you have to let them know when you want to release. No thanks.

I'm 20, and I've gotten many colonics. It's natural to worry about these things, because we are fairly young to be going through something like this. Not many people do in their entire lifetime, either. My mind-set was, 'if it's going to help me get clear, then I'll to do it; and If I'm going to do this stuff at all, I'm gonna do it right.' So I applaud you for joining the ranks of the few who have decided to take this approach. :clap:

Closed systems are the best, because you don't need to remove the speculum in order to release. It saves your ass. :lol: A good therapist will massage your abdomen too. Mine even does reflexology during releases. :) Hey, just think, your therapist could be cute. ;)

I do use ginger and it stops me from feeling nauseous all night, but it doesn't stop me from puking (no matter how much I take)!

Anyway, the place that I would go to for colonics uses a closed system... so that's good I guess.

I'm gonna try a liver flush this saturday.. I'm 18.. it sounds weird to be doing it.

Wish me luck.

Good luck Scorpio.

I guess what i really wanted to know is whether empson salts can 'double up' as bowel cleansing the next day instead of an enema - but would that be as unpleasant and nauseous as doing a salt water flush?

Another none-enema method of bowel cleansing i heard of is magnesium citrate, i wonder if this would work as good as a SWF?

And yes I threw up.

I didn't take any stone breakers. I was all excited when I read it and wanted to do it that night. That could have been my problem.

I would try it again. I've heard of chinese herbs as stone breakers. I wouldn't do the parasite killing thing as i can't figure out why parasites would make your liver hold onto stones. I don't think I have any parasites though.

And yes I threw up.

I didn't take any stone breakers. I was all excited when I read it and wanted to do it that night. That could have been my problem.

I would try it again. I've heard of chinese herbs as stone breakers. I wouldn't do the parasite killing thing as i can't figure out why parasites would make your liver hold onto stones. I don't think I have any parasites though.

Nonononoooo.....parasites don't CAUSE your liver to "hold onto stones". It's the other way around. When your bile ducts are clogged up with cholesterol balls, when your blood is being cleaned at night, parasites and whatnot pass through your liver....the balls/stones cause them to not pass through. I've seen pics at the Old Amish Dewormer site that showed liver flukes clinging to stones from a flush.

I got out what I think were liver flukes as well when I flushed.....therefore, it makes sense when you think about it. I also removed things I have no idea what they were......clear things 2 inches long and perfectly shaped with red veins and black veins running through them.....don't ask me....I've been told they might have been tumors...but I think that they were some kind of parasite.

Everyone should do a parasite cleanse at some point, you just need to understand you may not remove parasites until you have been doing the parasite killing for 45-60 days.

damn yesterday morning I had this terrible stinging pain in my stomach, it felt like I was passing stones lol, but I didnt eat any liver flush foods :) when I ate some carrots and nuts the pain went away...

anyhow Im gonna try the liverflush too, prolly next weekend (and no enemas or colonics!)

I dont know if I can get epsom salts over here... and unno how Im gonna do the flush yet

I dont know if I can get epsom salts over here... and unno how Im gonna do the flush yet

Well DEFINITELY do not do a flush without Epsom salts if you're not doing an enema, colonic, or salt water flush.

But even if you use all the Epsom salts that Hulda Clark recommends, I think you'd still risk breaking out.

The only way I recommend doing it is taking one dose of ES (between 1 tsp. and 1 tbls.) 2 hours before taking the oil/juice, OR taking 500 mg of magnesium in place of that. Whichever one you do, it's still necessary to get a colonic or do an enema or salt water flush the next morning.

you didnt get a colonic or do an enema did you?

Ive got Magnesium Aspartate 500mg tablets here, would that work? I take them sometimes when I had a lot of calcium or a heavy workout, I take them before I go to bed, but they are not laxative to me...

I will do a SWF the next morning. Im on a regimen which keeps me from breaking out... salycicyl acid and BP 10% etc

edit: Ah now I know where I can get epsom salts, did you use it? and did you get stones out? and felt better? :D

you didnt get a colonic or do an enema did you?

I did SWFs. But after my 3rd flush I did break out on my forehead, so from now on I'll probably be getting colonics.

Ive got Magnesium Aspartate 500mg tablets here, would that work? I take them sometimes when I had a lot of calcium or a heavy workout, I take them before I go to bed, but they are not laxative to me...

I think any kind of magnesium is fine. It's not for the laxative effect, but for relaxing the bile ducts.

edit: Ah now I know where I can get epsom salts, did you use it? and did you get stones out? and felt better? :D

I used the amount of ES that I suggested you use. I got stones out on my 2nd and 3rd flushes (I've only done 3). My skin has improved quite a bit since my 3rd one (despite the initial breakout on my forehead).

Well DEFINITELY do not do a flush without Epsom salts if you're not doing an enema, colonic, or salt water flush.

But even if you use all the Epsom salts that Hulda Clark recommends, I think you'd still risk breaking out.

The only way I recommend doing it is taking one dose of ES (between 1 tsp. and 1 tbls.) 2 hours before taking the oil/juice, OR taking 500 mg of magnesium in place of that. Whichever one you do, it's still necessary to get a colonic or do an enema or salt water flush the next morning.

I wouldn't listen to people about doing a colonic or an enema when flushing, and I broke out TERRIBLE after my 3rd flush....and that was when I did ALL of the epsom salts in the Clark flush. I learned a pretty touch lesson.

Even if you have the infamous "butt pee" and SEEMING diarrhea....you STILL should get a colonic or do an enema.

People don't listen, but that's on them. (Shrugs shoulders)