Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CAMPBELLS

Campbells Neutrogena Acne Therapy Regimen

For some reason I've been breaking out lately after being fairly clear for some time. I have redmarks from before, and am still breaking out. This also marks a little over a year after going on Accutane so maybe this is another reason. And definatly won't be going on a second course haha.

I was using Dan's gel, but since it's changed it seems like it just breaks me out. I haven't gotten the newest version, but I've decided that it's time to try something else.

Neutrogena put out their own regimen in one package. It contains an oil free lotion with spf 15, a cleanser with .5% salicylic acid and exfoliating beads, and lastly 2.5% BP. I also picked up the acne mark fading peel they put out. All in all it came out at $40....not too bad but definatly not what I'd like to be spending money on :lol:

So anyways I've come up with my regimen I'll try. I work at night so my regimen is kind of flipped from what most people would do.

------------------------------------------------------------

Morning

- Neutrogena Acne Cleanser (.5% Salicyclic Acid)

- Neutrogena Overnight Lotion (2.5% BP)

Sleep

Day/Evening

- Neutrogena Lotion (SPF 15)

Twice a week substitute the morning cleanser with the Acne Mark Fading Peel (2% Salycic Acid). I may make adjustments also as I go on either cutting down to one cleanse a day or possibly adding another cleanse after the Peel. It'll depend on how dry my face gets.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So there it is. I'll try and update daily on the progress and hopefully it'll turn out positive. I'll also work on doing picture updates. Thanks for reading and if you have any comments or suggestions with my regimen I'm open ears :)

Day 1

Pretty good thus far! Nothing new has popped up, which is a plus because the last few days I've usually had something new. And the stuff I had came to a whitehead while I slept so by tomorrow those should pretty much be gone except the red marks of course. Another plus was the lotion which didn't make my face get oily at all by the end of the day. I used the peel as well to start and I think it actually did work some after just one use. Looking past the current stuff that came to a head overnight my face is surprisingly looking clearer already which is amazing! If my progress continues like this I should be fairly clear by next week. Got my fingers crossed.

I tweaked my regimen already slightly, but nothing too major. My face has not gotten dry or red at all like when I was on Dans Regimen with the heavy use of BP which is a major plus. So my rating thus far with the Neutrogena Acne Therapy Regimen and the Neutrogena products I added to it, is very high.

New Updated Regimen

------------------------------------------------------------

Morning

- Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion (2% Salicyclic Acid)

- Neutrogena Overnight Lotion (2.5% BP)

Sleep

Day/Evening

- Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion (2% Salicyclic Acid)

- Neutrogena Lotion (SPF 15)

Three times a week add in the Acne Mark Fading Peel (2% Salycic Acid) in the morning before using the cleanser.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So my changes were adding the Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion (2% Salicyclic Acid). I've heard good things about combining Salicyclic Acid and BP, therefore in the morning I'll apply one after the other. The Salicyclic Acid to open the pores and clean them and the BP to kill bacteria. I've also decided to use the Defense Face Lotion in the evening too so that I have something working on the acne 24 hours a day.

And using the Acne Mark Fading Peel three times during the week instead of the two times I originally planned for. Since this regimen isn't making me excessively dry (and they recommend using it 1-3 times per week) I might as well use it as much as recommended. Can't hurt.

Day 2

Well a couple small ones came up overnight, but they already turned to whiteheads and are on their way to being gone. My right side is doing amazing and hasn't had anything new for 2 days. The left side was the one breaking out more but mostly I am now left with the red marks. My face is not oily at all at the end of work nor is my face excessively dry so as far as that's concerned the regimen is doing awesome!

I guess still a little early to decide one way or another on the regimen. You gotta get rid of whats already in the pores and would be coming up as a pimple before the medication can start regulating it. But thus far I think it's working like it should. Hopefully in these next couple of days I won't get much of anything new which will mean the medication is doing it's job. It would be great to see those kind of results this early into it.

Good luck with the regimen bud ;)

I would suggest that if you choose a regimen, you should stick to it, and not be changing regimens one day to another since in order for any regimen to work you need to give it time.

Hey Lonestar. Thanks much for the reply and luck along the way! :cool:

I definatly agree with you there and I have jumped the gun recently before. This regimen here I'm going to use for at least 2 months and see where I am at that point. I figure thats enough time to determine wether it's better or worse. It seems to be doing it's job though...just gotta get over the initial breakout so the regimen can start regulating the acne cycle

Absolute crap. I could see this working for extremely mild mild mild cases, but nothing past that. I guess I fell into the trap and was depressed with my skin so I thought it'd work. This regimen was breaking me out in places I never had problems with. Sure it could have been clearing out stuff that was gonna come up I guess, but I couldn't stick with it any longer to find out. I'm back to the Clear Skin Regimen now which got me clear before I stupidly decided to stop it and its already doing way better than the Neutrogena crap. Waste of money and now I feel like a tool for buying into it haha :evil:

Guest funky_monkey

why were you using 2 sets of lotion at a time?

Not tried the CSR Campbell?

Maverick, I was doing the CSR for about 6 months after a course of Accutane and it got me all clear. Then I stupidly stopped doing it and about a month later started to break out again. But I'm back on the CSR regimen now, 3 days in.

Funky, The one lotion wasn't really a lotion (but thats what they called it) to moisturize but rather just a salicyclic acid lotion. And the second lotion was the actual moisturizer.