Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sadman

how much bp to use

in the picture, it shows to use a fingerfull of bp. is that for the whole face already? or just one part?

because in the video, dan used about half the finger size for his chin area ONLY.

i'm currently drying too much around the mouth area and i use as much as the video shows. do i need to cut back? i've been thinking of doing bp only at night so i won't dry too much. (note, i'm using moisturizer already)

If you are just starting, use maybe a half of your first finger or less for the entire face. You'll just have to work on spreading it out evenly. Gradually work it up to the entire finger so your face doesn't become red suddenly from all the bp.

oh . i thought the finger is for only one part like the chin. that explains my dryness. thanks a lot :)

i'll try first putting bp at night and see if the dryness improves

one more thing, i'm confused. in the picture, it shows how much bp to use for the entire face (one finger). do i,

1) make sure the bp is one figngerful then

2) dab the bp on 1 part first (cheeks, then forehead)

3) rub gently (cheeks, then forehead)

or

1) the amount of bp i put on my finger depends on what part i'll do first. meaning if i do the cheeks first, i'll put about 1/4 fingerful of bp on my finger then

2) dab it on the cheek and rub gently

thanks for any reply.

Sadman, 1 finger for whole face.

3/4 of a finger for lower face (cheeks/chin) and 1/4 on your forehead.

Then wait 10 minutes and apply a good moisturiser.

okay... thanks.

if i'm doing my cheeks first, should i wait till it absorbs first before applying bp to the rest of the face like the chin?

like... put bp on one part, rub, wait til it absorbs, put bp on another part, rub, wait til it absorbs, etc.?

No you don't have to have to wait for one part to absorb before you put it on another part of your face. You only have to wait until it absorbs before you put on the moisturizer.

okay.. how about active zits...should i still rub on it gently or just put a blog over it? or both?

when i put a blob over the active zit, i feel like it's itching... :(

in my experience it's actually better to rub it in..and yes do it very gently. i like to use slightly more bp on the active zits..as i find that it accelerates the process and the zit disappears faster.

When you use the PB, I only do about a little bit larger then a size of dime of PB. I use L OREAL now i was on Proactive then Klear action. L OREal is doing wonders on my skin i must say. Any ways. Then i dap a little from that dime size and i evenly distrubute it through out face. If you have brown marks from acne avoid it with the BP. I just yesterday started using L OREAL regmin and L OREAL future cream. MY brown marks are a tons light and i mean it and fading fast. I predict in less then 2 weeks they be gone. If your face becomes red, means your putting way to much PB. You'll find the right amount for your face soon. Becareful not to put to much or to little. It requires you to experiment a bit. dont try to exceed the size of a quarter though, thats excessive and only make your acne worst. On the bottle it should say excessive use can cause irriation or make acne worst.

I know Dan says not using enough BP is a deadly sin, but I think some people can use less. In my case, for example, about 1/2 of a medium thick line of neutrogena on-the-spot covers my entire face (except for chin and jaw) and I am clear for the first time in 4 years. No redness, no dryness, no itching (I do use cetaphil moisturizer).