Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlackSilver

oil blotting sheets

Hi!

I was wondering if you guys know what kind of Oil Blotting Sheets i can use while being on Dan's regimen. I mean my forehead is oily and shiny, really bad. I am using an oil free moisturizer but i need something to remove the oil gently from my forehead duing the day since i can't wash my face more than twice daily. So.... oil blotting sheets....what kind? what brand? where to get them?...

Thanks

P.S totally outta subject, i know...... but i can't get into the chat room. Is that normal or is it just me? :/

i get mine from my local drugstore. clean and clear oil removing film. gatsby works great too.

They should just be plain, without powder which can cause irritation. I used to use Mary Kay blotting sheets but I have found that certain napkins work even better. Like the brown ones that Starbucks uses for example. If you unfold them and very gently press one layer on the oily area, it soaks the oil up like crazy leaving a completely matte finish.

If you wear makeup, it doesn't remove the makeup, just soaks up the oil. I grab a bunch of them when I'm there and then cut them up into small squares to keep in my purse. I have also heard that people use toilet seat covers, but I haven't tried that.

Guest Gentle~Rain

So is plain old white tissue paper...the kind you would wrap clothes or gifts in, plus it's cheap, about a buck for 15 or so large sheets in the wrapping paper section. (You'll get TONS from one sheet!) Also, really cheap toilet paper...not Charmin or something soft, but the papery rip your hiney type! The napkin idea above works good too!

you all are an inventive bunch!

I've used napkins and commercial blotting sheets before, but never thought to use those other things, lol.