Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xxbobmckeexx

for those who like health/exercise muscle building

I have just started using John Berardi's precision nutrition system. Found at precisionnutrition.com

it was like 100 and worth it.

You may be able to find a lot of the material I paid for free on johnberardi.com

If you want to be healthy and like to weight lift or exercise (even women who like to tone down) then this guy is the best.

he understands the acid/alkalinity balance the body goes through.

That is what most people are doing on this site:

1. lemon juice --> more alkaline

2. raisins --> more alkaline

3. candida elimination --> less acidity and more alkaline

4. less coffee --> coffee is acidic

Most people are trying to create a less acidic environment.

Berardi is the best at understanding health and getting all the nutrients from food. But he is exercise based so it isn't for people who don't work out.

Just thought you guys might like to know. I love this guy, he is the best.

Oh yeah, I just finished the colon cleanse by herbalblessings.com or whatever that company is. It was excellent. It was expensive at 90$ but I feel so much more energetic and my food digests twice as fast. So much junk comes out of you and you are fasting, so you know it is from your intestinal walls. You HAVE to try this if you never have in life.

Most people don't get enough fiber and therefore their bodies are loading with 10 lbs of fecal matter spread across their colon/intestines. Good luck peoople.

Most people don't ahve 10lbs of fecal matter int heir colons. Do you know how much area 10lbs of a not very dense substance looks like? A lb of muscle is as big as your fist and poop isn't as dense. Imagine more than 10 fists in your lower abdomen and then tell me if you had that much compacted feces.

Also a but load of cheap soluble and insoluble fiber and some cheap, healthy food will do the same for your colon as that 90.00 thing.

Yeah, I have been casually reading John Berardi's articles for years. (I've always been interested in putting on some good weight, healthfully)

I find myself agreeing with most of what he says. The only problem is that I seem to have digestion problems if I eat more than a 60-80g of protein a day [edit: actually, that number is probably between 100-150g, but I'm not sure if it is the amount or protein or if it is protein combined with other foods that causes the trouble.. recently, I have upped my grams to near 200 and didn't have the same problems... so it seems to be highly variable] . Maybe one of those cleanses would help.

_

Yeah, I have been casually reading John Berardi's articles for years. (I've always been interested in putting on some good weight, healthfully)

I find myself agreeing with most of what he says. The only problem is that I seem to have digestion problems if I eat more than a 60-80g of protein a day. Maybe one of those cleanses would help.

yeah man. And make sure you have a highly alkaline diet to help with the large protien intake.

Don't let people tell you that eating vegetables will do the same as the colon cleanse that I'm talking about.

Here is what I did.

I ordered colonix and used it for a week then returned it because after research found out blessedherbs.com was better. Then I used it and after 2 days of no food I started to have huge bowel movents. I lost about 5 lbs in the next couple days from all this junk stuck inside me. day 3/4 brought out more of the junk. (it is called mucoid plaque or something like that).

I think its made the biggest difference in my health.

I now eat vegetables with every meal but I will still do that cleanse 2 times a year (maybe every 4 months because it is so good, it changed my life).

I've been toiling over how I can work out hard and not break out. It has been a hard battle, that I am losing currently. I have read and read and read about what to do and John Berardi was on my list of reads.

There is a strict schedule for keeping insulin levels just right for muscle building, anti-inflamitories down and this and that. It's very overwhelming to say the least. Combine that with liver flushes and keeping clean downstairs should work.

It's very simple, I want to work out/gain muscle and not break out because of it.

I really hope what your doing now helps you reach your goals. Good luck man;)

a body cleanse changed your life?

yes.

I wake up and I'm not tired.

I don't get sleepy after eating.

I feel at a 9 or 10 all day long as opposed to a 6 or 7. My energy level is like that a child at disney land.

Yes.

It changed my life.

BAHAHAHHAA i love how you tihnk that by eating certain foods you can change the PH of your gut/body. You do realize the body maintains body PH within a very narrow range to allow for optimal enzyme function in different parts of the body. You wasted your money, berardi is a joke.

BAHAHAHHAA i love how you tihnk that by eating certain foods you can change the PH of your gut/body. You do realize the body maintains body PH within a very narrow range to allow for optimal enzyme function in different parts of the body. You wasted your money, berardi is a joke.

I see you've found Quackwatch: http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelate...DSH/coral2.html

Before you make any assumptions based on articles on that site, be aware that Quackwatch is extremely biased:

http://www.quackpotwatch.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quackpotwatch

Here's another good link: http://www.bolenreport.net/

I am relatively uneducated on this topic. But I was under the impression that the reason why the whole pH theory works is because, yes, the body constantly has to balance out incoming foods to maintain that pH.

I see you've found Quackwatch

Yeah, I used to be intimidated by quackwatch also. But then I realized that the entire purpose of quackwatch is to keep unproven theories in check: which is a good thing for the public AND those theories in the long run (proponents of a theory become more precise, with more measurable evidence, etc). Just because quackwatch says something isn't directly proven, doesn't mean there isn't any merit to it. It just means we need to have a skeptical mind about certain things in order to truly, rationally understand them and their potential merit.

(But I suppose quackwatch is negative with its potential to close the minds of the public)

lol. I guess the guy who wrote that article passed at the bottom of his class. But you know what they say, even the last guy to pass the program is still called a doctor.

Ph levels are not myth. He is right about the stomach being acidic but the funny thing is this:

He admits that there are some food that are more alkaline than others. Yet he thinks that if I would to eat tons of acidic foods that that would have no affect on my health. So wait. I guess you could just drink bottles of hydrochloric acid and since it passes right into your ACIDIC stomach everything would be okay. Hey bartender, order me a bottle of 3 molar hydrochloric acid, with a coke chaser.

The dumb thing about this article is he says that the only thing that changes acidity is your urine... hmmm. I wonder why the urine would become more acidic after eating acidic foods? Maybe because the body is trying to excrete the acid! (yet he thinks that you just eat acid and it disappears once in your system?)

There's an idea!

Wait. If I eat TONS of acidic food. --> urine becomes acidic --> body is trying to rid of ACID.

Yet, if I eat lots of alkaline food my urine will NOT be acidic.

Could it be that the body has to use the water inside itself to try to get rid of all the acid?

That is why people on atkins have to constantly check the ph of their urine. And that is consequently why they lose weight. It is water weight that the body is using to rid of all the acid.

He is also right that they body maintains an optimal ph. Yet he doesn't realize that if you eat acidic foods IT is harder to maintain that pH. As opposed to eating alkaline foods which makes the body NOT have to work to maintain optimal pH levels.

That doctor rode on the short bus to get his degree.

Also quackwatch is trying to tell you to avoid buying products.

Lets see... Here is what PRODUCTS john berardi is pushing...

Spinach/carrots/brocolli/peppers

I guess he is really just a farmer disguising himself as a nutrition expert to get people to buy his crops!

You crack me up.

I see you've found Quackwatch: http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelate...DSH/coral2.html

Before you make any assumptions based on articles on that site, be aware that Quackwatch is extremely biased:

http://www.quackpotwatch.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quackpotwatch

Here's another good link: http://www.bolenreport.net/

i haven't found quackwatch, i know enough science to know he's full of shit.

if you could change your bodies PH so easily you would die. Also, foods dont change your PH as much as hyperventilation/hypoxia, intense exercise, vomiting do. foods dont even come close.

In on the you would die or get many diseases quickly if you changed your body's PH by more than a little bit bandwagon.

here's my theory, which isn't really anythign improtant and common sense from history. Throughout time there have been healthy foods and practices. Each culture eating relatively the same things and attributing the healthiness to some crazy theory. Said theory is disproven but the healthiness of a food, herb, whatever, still remains. Over time this repeats itself until the exact cause of why that food is healthy is discovered. Ginger is a good example, many herbs from Chinese medicine is another.

What do all of these so called PH balancing foods have in common? They are damn healthy independant of their place on the PH scale. If you ate good fats, fruits, veggies, etc... of course you would be healthy not because your body turned alkaline, but because of the other inherant qualities taht make said foods good for you.

Urine is also slightly acidic in a perfect world(But if you eat any food, it turns it basic just after eating).

lol. I guess the guy who wrote that article passed at the bottom of his class. But you know what they say, even the last guy to pass the program is still called a doctor.

Ph levels are not myth. He is right about the stomach being acidic but the funny thing is this:

He admits that there are some food that are more alkaline than others. Yet he thinks that if I would to eat tons of acidic foods that that would have no affect on my health. So wait. I guess you could just drink bottles of hydrochloric acid and since it passes right into your ACIDIC stomach everything would be okay. Hey bartender, order me a bottle of 3 molar hydrochloric acid, with a coke chaser.

The dumb thing about this article is he says that the only thing that changes acidity is your urine... hmmm. I wonder why the urine would become more acidic after eating acidic foods? Maybe because the body is trying to excrete the acid! (yet he thinks that you just eat acid and it disappears once in your system?)

There's an idea!

Wait. If I eat TONS of acidic food. --> urine becomes acidic --> body is trying to rid of ACID.

Yet, if I eat lots of alkaline food my urine will NOT be acidic.

Could it be that the body has to use the water inside itself to try to get rid of all the acid?

That is why people on atkins have to constantly check the ph of their urine. And that is consequently why they lose weight. It is water weight that the body is using to rid of all the acid.

He is also right that they body maintains an optimal ph. Yet he doesn't realize that if you eat acidic foods IT is harder to maintain that pH. As opposed to eating alkaline foods which makes the body NOT have to work to maintain optimal pH levels.

That doctor rode on the short bus to get his degree.

Also quackwatch is trying to tell you to avoid buying products.

Lets see... Here is what PRODUCTS john berardi is pushing...

Spinach/carrots/brocolli/peppers

I guess he is really just a farmer disguising himself as a nutrition expert to get people to buy his crops!

You crack me up.

NO people on atkins weight because they are HYPOCALORIC. it's called the second law of thermodynamics. You can't change the pH of your blood get over it. Everything you said was rubbish; take yourself out of the gene pool please.

You should've read the link I posted before:

The human body is very intelligent. As we become more and more acidic the body starts to set up defense mechanisms to keep the damaging acid from entering our vital organs. It is known that acid gets stored in fat cells. After all, if the acid does come into contact with an organ the acid has a chance to eat holes in the tissue. This may cause the cells to mutate. The oxygen level drops in this acidic environment and calcium begins to be depleted. So as a defense mechanism, your body may actually make fat to protect you from your overly-acidic self. Those fat cells and cellulite deposits may actually be packing up the acid and trying to keep it a safe distance from your organs. The fat may be saving your vital organs from damage. Many people have found that a return to a healthy inner biological terrain helps them to lose excess fat.

Osteoporosis is very confusing for many people. Most people think they can eliminate it by increasing their consumption of milk and dairy products. But in the countries where the consumption of dairy products is very low the instances of osteoporosis is very rare. Osteoporosis is an acidosis problem. As the body becomes more acidic, to protect against the event of heart attack, stroke, illness, or even cancer, the body attempts to remain healthy. So, it steals calcium from the bones, teeth, and tissue. As bone mass becomes depleted, this is what we call osteoporosis. As we saturate the body with calcium this brings the alkaline pH up and drops the acid levels down.

You should've read the link I posted before:

The human body is very intelligent. As we become more and more acidic the body starts to set up defense mechanisms to keep the damaging acid from entering our vital organs. It is known that acid gets stored in fat cells. After all, if the acid does come into contact with an organ the acid has a chance to eat holes in the tissue. This may cause the cells to mutate. The oxygen level drops in this acidic environment and calcium begins to be depleted. So as a defense mechanism, your body may actually make fat to protect you from your overly-acidic self. Those fat cells and cellulite deposits may actually be packing up the acid and trying to keep it a safe distance from your organs. The fat may be saving your vital organs from damage. Many people have found that a return to a healthy inner biological terrain helps them to lose excess fat.

Osteoporosis is very confusing for many people. Most people think they can eliminate it by increasing their consumption of milk and dairy products. But in the countries where the consumption of dairy products is very low the instances of osteoporosis is very rare. Osteoporosis is an acidosis problem. As the body becomes more acidic, to protect against the event of heart attack, stroke, illness, or even cancer, the body attempts to remain healthy. So, it steals calcium from the bones, teeth, and tissue. As bone mass becomes depleted, this is what we call osteoporosis. As we saturate the body with calcium this brings the alkaline pH up and drops the acid levels down.

Do you see why he suggests you eat a more alkaline diet?

my god. I love how he says acid gets stored in the fat. Do you kno which acid? there's lot of em. Specificaly, they're proton donors. How does your body "make-fat" if you're hypocaloric then, from what? There's so much BS right there its unbelieveable. again dont believe everything you read.

NO people on atkins weight because they are HYPOCALORIC. it's called the second law of thermodynamics. You can't change the pH of your blood get over it. Everything you said was rubbish; take yourself out of the gene pool please.

Water loss documentation. Read up nerd.

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/biology/b103/...b1/kbailey.html

http://www.eufic.org/gb/food/pag/food48/food481.htm

http://www.atkinsexposed.org/atkins/14/Los...ter)_Weight.htm

I could go all day.

What is a carboHYDRATE.

I caps locked the word hydrate to help you figure this out. clue... C, H, and O are the atoms involved...

... did you get it... keep guessing... YOU GOT IT. Water buddy. It's water! Carbo and water!

"To wash these toxic waste products out of our system our body uses a lot of water. The diuretic effect of low carb diets can result in people losing a gallon of water in pounds the first week.[92] This precipitous early weight loss encourages dieters to continue the diet even though they have lost mostly water weight[93] and the state of ketosis may be making them nauseous or worse.[94] If one wanted to try to lose water weight, sweating it away in a sauna may be a more healthful way."

I quoted an article because I realize you won't actually visit the sites. Oh well. Keep believing what you do and shut off all other input that doesn't aggree with what you believe.

Good luck!

LOOK UP the medical term Ketosis. That is what happens in this diet.

Oh and about blood pH. It is common knowledge that you can't change your blood pH. Wow. Did you also know you need to breath oxygen to survive. Lets keep spouting out platitudes!

What does happen on the other hand is the body regulates the blood pH between 7.2 and 7.6. Let me reference an article.

"The body's metabolism produces many acids and bases, but the quantity of acids produced far exceeds the bases. This would lead to a metabolic acidosis if left unchecked, as the pH of the blood would drop due to the excess acid. The kidneys play a vital role in controlling blood pH, as, to put it simply, it is possible to pee out the excess acidic H+ ions or basic HCO3- ions in order to raise or lower the blood pH."

Read again slowly, "it is possible to pee out the excess acidic H+ ions in order to raise or lower pH."

Wow. So your body maintains its pH by excreting acid...

Wait. Didn't I say that earlier... OH YEAH. I DID.

It's very likely that the best thing pheremone can do to improve his acne is to reduce his stress and anger levels.

Water loss documentation. Read up nerd.

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/biology/b103/...b1/kbailey.html

http://www.eufic.org/gb/food/pag/food48/food481.htm

http://www.atkinsexposed.org/atkins/14/Los...ter)_Weight.htm

I could go all day.

What is a carboHYDRATE.

I caps locked the word hydrate to help you figure this out. clue... C, H, and O are the atoms involved...

... did you get it... keep guessing... YOU GOT IT. Water buddy. It's water! Carbo and water!

"To wash these toxic waste products out of our system our body uses a lot of water. The diuretic effect of low carb diets can result in people losing a gallon of water in pounds the first week.[92] This precipitous early weight loss encourages dieters to continue the diet even though they have lost mostly water weight[93] and the state of ketosis may be making them nauseous or worse.[94] If one wanted to try to lose water weight, sweating it away in a sauna may be a more healthful way."

I quoted an article because I realize you won't actually visit the sites. Oh well. Keep believing what you do and shut off all other input that doesn't aggree with what you believe.

Good luck!

LOOK UP the medical term Ketosis. That is what happens in this diet.

Oh and about blood pH. It is common knowledge that you can't change your blood pH. Wow. Did you also know you need to breath oxygen to survive. Lets keep spouting out platitudes!

What does happen on the other hand is the body regulates the blood pH between 7.2 and 7.6. Let me reference an article.

"The body's metabolism produces many acids and bases, but the quantity of acids produced far exceeds the bases. This would lead to a metabolic acidosis if left unchecked, as the pH of the blood would drop due to the excess acid. The kidneys play a vital role in controlling blood pH, as, to put it simply, it is possible to pee out the excess acidic H+ ions or basic HCO3- ions in order to raise or lower the blood pH."

Read again slowly, "it is possible to pee out the excess acidic H+ ions in order to raise or lower pH."

Wow. So your body maintains its pH by excreting acid...

Wait. Didn't I say that earlier... OH YEAH. I DID.

no shit people lose water on a low carb diet. What're you thick? EVeryone knows that, it goes without saying. I DBOUT you pee them you idiot. H2CO3 -> H + HCO3, and the reaction switches to maintain the blood ph. THe reaction is in equilibrium, it switches. If it goes to the right, your blood ph lowers due to excess H, if it goes to the left it pulls out hydronium ions out of solution and raises ur PH. You're a fucking moron, no doubt about it.

i know u said it earlier, and you're an idiot for believing it. It's an EQUILIBRIUM REACTION. I study this shit for my degree.

and if you dont think people lose fat on atkins, i.e they go hypocaloric and it's just water then you're a dumbass. I know about ketosis and ketoacidosis (this one almost necver happens) What does ketosis have to do with anything anyway? They're losing weight because they haven't met their daily caloric requirements + water loss. Who cares about the water loss anyway.

please go on, i like hearing your dumbasss arguments.

no shit people lose water on a low carb diet. What're you thick? EVeryone knows that, it goes without saying. I DBOUT you pee them you idiot. H2CO3 -> H + HCO3, and the reaction switches to maintain the blood ph. THe reaction is in equilibrium, it switches. If it goes to the right, your blood ph lowers due to excess H, if it goes to the left it pulls out hydronium ions out of solution and raises ur PH. You're a fucking moron, no doubt about it.

i know u said it earlier, and you're an idiot for believing it. It's an EQUILIBRIUM REACTION. I study this shit for my degree.

and if you dont think people lose fat on atkins, i.e they go hypocaloric and it's just water then you're a dumbass. I know about ketosis and ketoacidosis (this one almost necver happens) What does ketosis have to do with anything anyway? They're losing weight because they haven't met their daily caloric requirements + water loss. Who cares about the water loss anyway.

Reading your posts is always fun. Dude, I have to hire you to come and talk to me every morning. Watching you try to put together logical statements and spell is almost as funny as Wedding Crashers.

It is hard for me to believe you are getting a degree with the lack of focus you can even put into a 1 minute post. Maybe you just have chubby fingers or you are getting a degree in canada, but one thing is for sure, spelling and clarity are not your strong points.

First off:

What're is not an english contraction of what + are. That was taught in 2nd or 3rd grade?

DBOUT --> I think you mean doubt. This is why I ask if you have chubby fingers or do you just proceed in a cursory manner throughout all your activities? Necver isn't an english word either.

And yes it is an equilibrium reaction... keep stating the obvious. Email me and we can work out a deal for how much I will pay you per hour. You just made my afternoon. Where are you going to school? I want to check out their website so I can have another good laugh. Lol.

Reading your posts is always fun. Dude, I have to hire you to come and talk to me every morning. Watching you try to put together logical statements and spell is almost as funny as Wedding Crashers.

It is hard for me to believe you are getting a degree with the lack of focus you can even put into a 1 minute post. Maybe you just have chubby fingers or you are getting a degree in canada, but one thing is for sure, spelling and clarity are not your strong points.

First off:

What're is not an english contraction of what + are. That was taught in 2nd or 3rd grade?

DBOUT --> I think you mean doubt. This is why I ask if you have chubby fingers or do you just proceed in a cursory manner throughout all your activities? Necver isn't an english word either.

And yes it is an equilibrium reaction... keep stating the obvious. Email me and we can work out a deal for how much I will pay you per hour. You just made my afternoon. Where are you going to school? I want to check out their website so I can have another good laugh. Lol.

you're resorting to picking at my spelling and typing on the internet, ok you lose.

obviously means you have nothing to say.

It is an equilibrium reaction. You stated that you PEE OUT the protons. You're full of it man, you dont know what you're talking about.

what's your email for the job? I could use a little extra money. Seriously what was the point of even including that?

again: you stated something about peeing out protons, i doubt it. Its a shift in the chem reaction. THen you said something about how they lose water on the diet. THat's obvious they lose water on a no carb diet. THen you pick at my spelling, god knows why. And you dont answer my question.

if you know the body switches the equilibrium reaction, why do you still think the body excretes bases or acids? THere would be no need to. And separate to that, people on atkins check their urine with ketostix, to see if they're in ketosis, not to check the ph of their blood. You're mistaken.

so what answer my questions instead of poking fun at my spelling. I dont care to spellcheck what i write on the internet. Maybe you have the time to because you're some 14 year old and they dont do shit, but i dont.

First off:

you're resorting to picking at my spelling and typing on the internet, ok you lose.

obviously means you have nothing to say.

It is an equilibrium reaction. You stated that you PEE OUT the protons. You're full of it man, you dont know what you're talking about.

what's your email for the job? I could use a little extra money. Seriously what was the point of even including that?

again: you stated something about peeing out protons, i doubt it. Its a shift in the chem reaction. THen you said something about how they lose water on the diet. THat's obvious they lose water on a no carb diet. THen you pick at my spelling, god knows why. And you dont answer my question.

if you know the body switches the equilibrium reaction, why do you still think the body excretes bases or acids? THere would be no need to. And separate to that, people on atkins check their urine with ketostix, to see if they're in ketosis, not to check the ph of their blood. You're mistaken.

so what answer my questions instead of poking fun at my spelling. I dont care to spellcheck what i write on the internet. Maybe you have the time to because you're some 14 year old and they dont do shit, but i dont.

I can't take a person seriously if they don't put the small amount of effort (15-20 seconds) to make sure that they aren't an idiot. You failed that test.

I realize you don't care.

Here is an adage. Everything affects everything else. The man who is lazy in his diet is probably lazy in his financial life. And it follows that, the man who haphazardly puts together a post is also haphazard in all his other activities.

Actually your posts tell a lot about you.

And don't tell me you are so busy that you can't take 30 seconds to read your retarded post because you are SO busy. Maybe if you weren't so busy you could learn that "what're" is NOT english.

Good luck pissing more people off in these forums. It is very humorous. It doesn't bug me. I just think it is funny. You are like a Nazi who goes onto a Jewish forum to talk about how awesome Hitler was. Seriously man, I can't believe you actually have things to do if you come onto a forum where you disagree with everything. You have no cause here.

We come to help each other. You come here to... prove yourself right???? I don't know. It isn't like you are trying to help anyone. Get a life.

You still don't answer his questions.

i didn't read his post because it was so unorganized... I think these are his questions and I will answer them:

Also I realize that he is the type of person to ask questions and then not read the answers. He can't even proofread one of his posts, let alone read something fairly complex and sophisticated. But since you asked.

Trying to find questions in here is a task in and of itself.

I think you have asked these questions:

Why does the body excrete bases or acids?

Why do people check their urine for pH levels?

Ok. Let me answer each.

First off I would like to state that YES, THE PH OF THE BLOOD MAINTAINS AT 7.2 -7.6. Stop saying that I am arguing that people check the pH of their blood. NO ONE IS ARGUING THAT. I said your system can become acidic and by system I mean your BODY and not your blood.

With that said (for the fourth time) now we can progress onto your questions:

Why does the body excrete bases or acids?

It is important to understand that we are not talking about stomach acid or the pH of the stomach. We are talking about the pH of the body's fluids and tissues which is an entirely different matter.

WHY CHECK LEVELS OF PH? It tells the pH levels of the body fluids and tissues.

There are 2 types of tests, Urine and saliva:

Urine testing may indicate how well your body is excreting acids and assimilating minerals, especially calcium, magnesium, sodium and potassium. These minerals function as "buffers." Buffers are substances that help maintain and balance the body against the introduction of too much acidity or too much alkalinity. Even with the proper amounts of buffers, acid or alkaline levels can become extreme. When the body ingests or produces too many of these acids or alkalis, it must excrete the excess. The urine is the perfect way for the body to remove any excess acids or alkaline substances that cannot be buffered. If the average urine pH is below 6.5 the body's buffering system is overwhelmed, a state of "autotoxication" exists, and attention should be given to lowering acid levels.

The results of saliva testing may indicate the activity of digestive enzymes in the body. These enzymes are primarily manufactured by the stomach, liver and pancreas. While the saliva also utilizes buffers just like the urine, it relies on this process to a much lesser degree. If the saliva pH is too low (below 6.5), the body may be producing too many acids or may be overwhelmed by acids because it has lost the ability to adequately remove them through the urine. If the saliva pH is too high (over 6.8), the body may suffer greatly, e.g. excess gas, constipation and production of yeast, mold and fungus. Some people will have acidic pH readings from both urine and saliva—this is referred to as "double acid."

DOES THE BODY HAVE ACIDIC STATES?

YES, IT IS CALLED ACIDOSIS

Acidosis is an increased acidity (i.e. hydrogen ion concentration) of blood plasma. Generally acidosis is said to occur when arterial pH falls below 7.35, while its counterpart (alkalosis) occurs at a pH over 7.45. Arterial blood gas analysis and other tests are required to separate the main causes.

Strictly speaking, the term acidemia would be more appropriate to describe the state of low blood pH, reserving acidosis to describe the processes leading to these states. Nevertheless, most physicians use the terms interchangeably. The distinction may be relevant where a patient has factors causing both acidosis and alkalosis, where the relative severity of both determines whether the result is a high or a low pH.

results from disturbances in the ability to excrete acid via the kidneys or from excess metabolic production acidic substances. Examples are lactic acid (i.e. resulting from hypoxemia), acidic poisons, iron etc. It can also result from decreased production of bicarbonate.

AS FOR HYPOXEMIA:

If oxygen delivery to cells is insufficient for the demand (hyoxia), hydrogen will be shifted to pyruvic acid converting it to lactic acid. This temporary measure (anaerobic metabolism) allows small amounts of energy to be produced. Lactic acid build up in tissues and blood is a sign of inadequate mitochondrial oxygenation, which may be due to hypoxemia, poor blood flow (e.g. shock) or a combination of both. If severe or prolonged it could lead to cell death.

I am sad that I put this together to never be read, but I guess I had to prove another idiot wrong.

A guy who comes onto a forum with which he disagrees with 98% of the people only to start arguments. GOOD JOB MAN!