Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reilly

Cross update~ Better late than never! (LONG but w/pics)

I have been feeling extremely guilty lately that I have never posted updated pictures of my TCA cross results. I owe this board 100% of the credit for providing me with the information on the cross procedure. So... I am finally doing my part and sharing my results 2 years later. Basically I am extremely happy with the improvement to my ice picks and scarred pores. After 4 rounds of TCA cross and several TCA full face peels; I felt normal enough to stop obsessing over my scars and just moved on to other body parts (post pregnancy boobs anyone?)

The very first scar(very small ice pick) I ever TCA crossed contracted, filled-in and disappeared the very first time I treated it. Unfortunately, this did not happen with every scar. I'd say 90% responded at some point but approximately 10% had very little improvement. Two years later, the results have not diminished at all.

I never TCA crossed my numerous rolling scars. I think my last "after" picture was extremely misleading. The lighting looked funky and it made it appear as if my scars had vanished which they have not. Also, my rolling scars just don't show up very well from a direct side view. The improvement to my rolling scars was temporary and I attributed it to Hyaluronic acid supplements. I took HA for almost 6 months which did have a dramatic plumping effect but also tended to make me look bloated. Currently I am back to collagen injections every 8 weeks. Tried Restalyne but results were less natural for me unfortunately.

I will eventually get Fraxel or PSR to improve my rolling scars and sun damage but it is definitely not a priority.

So here are 2 new pictures. The first is a close-up of the same area I originally treated. The second is a frontal view which accurately depicts the current state of my rolling scars.

I will try to respond to some questions but only if it was not answered in previous postings. 3 kids and work give me little time~sorry!

One final note. Even though I found TCA cross+EGF to be a miracle ;it is not for everyone. Everyone's skin is so different. Even my own scars responded unpredictably. Just because a treatment does or does not work for someone doesn't mean it will or will not work for you so don't give up and good luck everyone![attachmentid=3718][attachmentid=3721][attachmentid=3722]

post-5259-1141192827_thumb.jpg

post-5259-1141193953_thumb.jpg

post-5259-1141192827_thumb.jpg

post-5259-1141193953_thumb.jpg

Hi Reilly!!

You (Maya and Lexy) are the major reasons I decided to do the TCA cross and I am forever grateful. Thank you and thanks for checking back in after all this time.

Now, I'm just going to sit around a wait for the pics to show up.

:whistle:

Okay, finally got the pics added. The side view is clear but I had to reduce the quality/resolution on the full face to get it small enough to submit. Hope it's clear enough for everyone.

Thanks Innerhottie!

Okay, finally got the pics added. The side view is clear but I had to reduce the quality/resolution on the full face to get it small enough to submit. Hope it's clear enough for everyone.

Thanks Innerhottie!

Oh man, I want my skin to look that good when I'm done. I can see why it's not a priority.

Your skin looks lovely. Rock on! :clap:

Oh, and you're very welcome.

wuuu.. beautiful skin. :wub:

i wish my skin looks like this. i am going to try on TCA CROSS v. soon (when i recieved my TCA 50% solution)

any tips for this beginner??

thanks for showing your lovely pic

Strawberry SKin ;)

Call me a stickler for details, but that second picture is highly touched up. I can't believe how obvious this is. If the second picture has been tampered with, why should I believe the first one.

OMG, are you guys serious? Why would Reilly do that? Is she like working for some TCA company??

I don't get it. Maybe her skin has the 'blended' appearance as a result of the numerous TCA peels she's had done.

Guest Marino

doesn't look photoshoped to me :eh:

Doesn't look photoshopped to me either. Reilly, thanks for the updates. I can see why you wouldn't worry about your skin. You look just beautiful!

Thanks for the complements!

I want to address the skepticism of my second picture. I absolutely DID NOT touch up the photo. I am wearing full makeup(concealer, silicon filler, and machine airbrushed foundation) in that picture. It was a candid photo not for scar documentation purposes. I think the "blended" appearance is a combination of the makeup and the low resolution. I had to save that pic on low resolution to fit it whereas the first pic was saved on high resolution (note the hideously hairy upper lip). That being said, I am adding a third pic without makeup and w/higher resolution. I just want to include an accurate frontal view to show the extent of my rolling scars (currently 4 weeks post collagen injection)not to show any type of improvement. I don't want anyone to think that I achieved perfect skin from TCA cross.

I do want to say that I am not an esthetician trying to sell my services. I do not promote any TCA vendor. I performed cross myself-did not go to a famous derm or ps. I did use a particular brand of EGF cream that did enhance MY results but I know that others did not see improved results with it. In fact, some have better results with CP, others say Neosporin worked best. Anyway, my point is that I have no reason to deceive people. Just want to share a scar revision technique that worked for me and also happened to be the least expensive of all the methods I have tried over the years.

Oh one last note, my uneven skin tone is the result of CO2 laser :doh: . As you can see in the new pic I had hypopigmentation that was not uniform. Without makeup it appears as if I have a dirt goatee. Like I said previously, I will eventually address the pigmentation issues but for now the makeup works fine.

[attachmentid=3726] [attachmentid=3727]

post-5259-1141228703_thumb.jpg

post-5259-1141228703_thumb.jpg

Reilly, your skin looks just awesome!!

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences, and thank you even so much more for showing us the pics .

As you have pointed out, everyone gets different amounts of improvement from tca cross(as well as to any other kind of treatments). On a personal level, crosses did not have benefited me so much as it has benefited you. Nonetheless, I am so happy for you that you have attained the results that you have attained.

Thanks so much again, for taking the time and effort to share your experiences with the rest of us :)

Thank You so much Reilly. You look great and your beautiful. I am going to try cross again soon (waiting for skin to clear up better). I wish you all the best and I hope you have luck with the other procedures you choose. ;)

Hi Reilly.

I've read through the old threads you made at least 5 times and was impressed with the results you go with the CROSS procedure.

There are just one or two questions that i don't think you have answered before, or have been asked to you in the previous thread and you haven't had a chance to look at until now.

Firstly, do you use a toothpick and if so, do you file it down?

The other question i have is- do you "drop" a small amount of acid onto the scarred area or do you press down hard with the sharpened applicator?

I found that some scarred pores have been made deeper and wider if i pressed down with the applicator.

I have seen good improvement with many of my scars and i am avoiding as much contact with the sharpened wooden applicator and skin as possible.

Thanks for taking the time to describe your experience, it is very helpful.

Reily,

Your improvement look great. I also had a few questions.

I know you used Revive & Camella Oil but what was your exact protocal following your Cross Treatment?

Also how much time did you wait between your TCA Peel and your Cross Treatments?

Thanks

Thanks so much Reily for updating, your skin looks great! You are a major reason I decided to try TCA cross and now I am so glad I did. I agree, everyone's skin is so different and the results can be unpredictable. Some of my scars almost disappeared after the first time, while other scars were stubborn. Everyone's different. THanks again for the update!

Reilly, fraxel laser is a good treatment for hypopigmented skin. I received erbium laser resurfasing for my scars in jan 2005(i have tanned ethnic skin). It left a triangle sized white area on my cheeks in the shape of the top half of an iron. ERbium didnt do anything for my acne scars, but i ventured to fraxel laser, had 5 treatments, this didnt do much for my scars maybe a 30%improvement, BUT thankfully it restored my pigment to i would say around 95%!!!

Thanks for the complements!

I want to address the skepticism of my second picture. I absolutely DID NOT touch up the photo. I am wearing full makeup(concealer, silicon filler, and machine airbrushed foundation) in that picture. It was a candid photo not for scar documentation purposes. I think the "blended" appearance is a combination of the makeup and the low resolution. I had to save that pic on low resolution to fit it whereas the first pic was saved on high resolution (note the hideously hairy upper lip). That being said, I am adding a third pic without makeup and w/higher resolution. I just want to include an accurate frontal view to show the extent of my rolling scars (currently 4 weeks post collagen injection)not to show any type of improvement. I don't want anyone to think that I achieved perfect skin from TCA cross.

I do want to say that I am not an esthetician trying to sell my services. I do not promote any TCA vendor. I performed cross myself-did not go to a famous derm or ps. I did use a particular brand of EGF cream that did enhance MY results but I know that others did not see improved results with it. In fact, some have better results with CP, others say Neosporin worked best. Anyway, my point is that I have no reason to deceive people. Just want to share a scar revision technique that worked for me and also happened to be the least expensive of all the methods I have tried over the years.

Oh one last note, my uneven skin tone is the result of CO2 laser :doh: . As you can see in the new pic I had hypopigmentation that was not uniform. Without makeup it appears as if I have a dirt goatee. Like I said previously, I will eventually address the pigmentation issues but for now the makeup works fine.

[attachmentid=3726] [attachmentid=3727]

Your skin looks beautiful....but I guess I would really like to see a before picture to really understand what kind of improvement you got.

Hi Denise,

I'm not sure if you saw her last thread on TCA cross while she was doing the procedure but her before pictures are there as well as progress pics.

Hi Denise,

I'm not sure if you saw her last thread on TCA cross while she was doing the procedure but her before pictures are there as well as progress pics.

No...where is the thread now? Anyone got a link? :think:

Never mind...I did a search and found the pics. Thanks!