Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
curiousP

Good doctor needed to fix acne scars in Toronto area

I really want to do something about my scars you guys but am soo apprehensive about who I go to and the procedure they use on me as I am east indian and have colored skin so could potentially have things go terribly wrong...Please Help!!!

Hi Curious P!!!

If you have darker skin, I would go and see Dr. David Ellis. His office is called The Art of Facial Plastic Surgery on Shepherd Ave. just before Yonge St. I went to see him and he offers a treatment called needle dermabrasion which seems to help improve skin. I saw some pictures of a guy with severe scarring and after the procedure he looked ALOT better and he was brown. I've never done the procedure myself so I don't know of its efficacy, you will have to do research. I am opting for TCA CROSS and Needling thats why I didn't go with the procesure. Dr. Ellis seems honest and experienced so I would go see hime for a consult.

There's also Dr. Paul Adamsom whose quite good in Yorkville. Hes experienced but expensive. I paid $250 just for a consultation. I'm not sure if he could help you though because he offers CO2 resurfacing as his main scar removal technique. He also does subcision and fillers as well as excision and punch floats. One thing I like about him is his honesty. Despite his high consult. fee he was very honest with me and basically told me to leave my skin alone for fear of making it worse.

You could also look into needling and cross as well as treatments with copper peptides. DO YOU RESEARCH!!! There are treatments that can help you but it takes a lot of time effort and patience. Good Luck!!! ;)

Hi Curious P!!!

If you have darker skin, I would go and see Dr. David Ellis. His office is called The Art of Facial Plastic Surgery on Shepherd Ave. just before Yonge St. I went to see him and he offers a treatment called needle dermabrasion which seems to help improve skin. I saw some pictures of a guy with severe scarring and after the procedure he looked ALOT better and he was brown. I've never done the procedure myself so I don't know of its efficacy, you will have to do research. I am opting for TCA CROSS and Needling thats why I didn't go with the procesure. Dr. Ellis seems honest and experienced so I would go see hime for a consult.

There's also Dr. Paul Adamsom whose quite good in Yorkville. Hes experienced but expensive. I paid $250 just for a consultation. I'm not sure if he could help you though because he offers CO2 resurfacing as his main scar removal technique. He also does subcision and fillers as well as excision and punch floats. One thing I like about him is his honesty. Despite his high consult. fee he was very honest with me and basically told me to leave my skin alone for fear of making it worse.

You could also look into needling and cross as well as treatments with copper peptides. DO YOU RESEARCH!!! There are treatments that can help you but it takes a lot of time effort and patience. Good Luck!!! ;)

Thanks Xemina!!! i really appreciate the encouragement, info and support! It gets really frustrating trying to find out what is best for our skin since there are so many new things on the market these days. Where are you getting your needling done? Keep me posted on your results I would love to hear from you and see how things are going. What type of scars does needling and TCA work for? My derm gave me some tretinoin cream that she said is better than microD to help me with my scars but she said it would dry out my skin and it doesn't sound like what I need to me, so I want to do something like needling too, instead of wasting time on this cream first and then doing needling later. Do you have colored skin as well? I am not dark...kinda like alicia Keys or like that brown chick from Y&R. TTYL!!