Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
therob

Salicylic Acid/Glycolic Acid

I am currently using an acne cleanser that has salicylic acid in it followed by the neutrogena healthy skin face lotion that has glycolic acid in it. I was wondering whether this combination is bad for your skin as I experienced some drying in my skin. I appreciate any advice.

Guest pppapillon

Salicylic acid is a BHA and glycolic acid is an AHA. Anway, regardless of their type, they are acids and they strip away oil and moisture from your skin if you use them too much too frequently.

I don't like salicylic acid. I don't like it at all!

salicylic acid opens and cleans out your pores, also bringing up all the bad stuff up to surface which is probably causing your initial outbreak. Look up botchla's regimen for some info on a good way to incorporate SA.

I don't understand why some dermatologist say that Glycolic Acid can be irritating on the skin while SA is not as irritant as GA cause it has anti-inflammation properties like asprin. But its bullshit..the times I use SA it's severely drying and I get breakouts. lol

Aloe vera is a natural source of SA and Aloe vera gel actually creates a moisture seal around your skin. It provides the benefits of SA without being irritatingly over-drying.