Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I'm Dam

I started on the regimen yesterday and all went well.

This morning, however, after applying moisturizer, my face became extremely red. We're talking, very very red. All day people asked me where I went skiing over the weekend, it looks like I have sun/wind burn all over my face.

My face feels burned as well.

I'm using some type of cleanser that I've been using forever, Neutrogena On-The-Spot, and Cetaphil moisturizer.

Should I apply less BZP? Wait longer after applying BZP before moisturizing? Maybe a different moisturizer? Will my face be red tomorrow morning? Should I maybe take a short break (already) from the BZP? It feels like I have chemical burns all over my face, and it hurts to move my face, no matter how much moisturizer I lather on.

Should I use BZP tonight, or maybe just wash and moisturize until the redness dissipates some, then start with the BZP slowly again?

Been reading previous posts, and it seems redness is a common side-effect. How long does it typically last for most people?

I just want to stick my head in a bucket of ice-water

thanks in advance

-d

I'm going to just go ahead and reapply again tonight before I sleep

I'll let you all know how it works out

*crosses fingers*

I've been on the regimen for a couple weeks, and it's going great! My first few days, however, were awful. Like you, I had severe redness, definitely looked sunburned, as well as major itchiness and flakiness. It has subsided quite a bit though. Just keep with it, it will get better :angel:

Good luck to ya. ;)

Guest yahyah

Hiya x I would seriously recommend continuing to use the BP but to cut down the amount significantly and moisturise a lot more if your face has become terribly red after just one or two applications. Redness, unfortunately, is to be expected, but it can be controlled. Try putting on a little BP, and once its dried put on moisturiser.. once the moisturiser has sunk in, apply another layer of moisturiser and so on. You can moisturise during the day aswell. The main thing is, the BP does work, but your skin needs time to adjust. You don't want you skin to be screaming out 'STOP USING BP' because its got so red and sore.. so moisturise my friend, constantly!

Last night I used significantly less BP

significantly more moisturizer

things are looking up =]

things are looking up =]

i went through the redness. lasted 2 weeks. just avoided as many social situations as possible. did not cut down on bp. i am now in week 5 and clear. no redness, or itchiness either anymore. the first week i wanted to scratch my face off but resisted the urge to touch it. since being on the csr i never ever touch my face during the day. it has made such a huge improvement. i am so grateful to dan for sharing this with us. it has honestly changed my life!

things are looking up =]

you using the newer bp gel with less preservatives bro?

things are looking up =]

you using the newer bp gel with less preservatives bro?

his/her original post said Neutrogena on-the-spot.

ah sorry well Dam you should try Dans cause its the best by far NO REDNESS at all man its great stuff :D:D:D:D