Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clear_skin

junk food and laziness is ruining my life

Hi everyone

I've got a big problem. I'm addicted to junk food and i am looking for ways try try and conquer this addiction. it is pretty much fucking up my life as the only things i think about during the day are chocolate and sex. I don't mind the sex thing but the junk food thing is killing me. I basically skip healthy meals like dinner and eat junk food. like last night I was really happy with myself cause i had gone the whole day without eating any crap, but then I jacked off , and after that I had a massive craving for chocolate so i ate a whole block of toblerone. I then felt pretty fuken guilty for eating it. This is fuked!!!! This has been goin on for the last few months and i know that the crap i am putting in my body is effecting me mentally and also physically as i am tired all the time and very lazy like sleeping all fuken day sometimes. I hardly eat any fruit i always promise myself that i will eat healthy and i have even made fuken contracts with myself that are on paper and official and shit and i sign them. but after a week or so i have these massive cravings and i go down to the supermarket and buy like 5 chocolate bars and then i am back to square one.

Does anyone know how to beat cravings for chocolate and other junk and stick to healthy eating? I also have a few acne scars so i want to eat as healthy as possible to try and improve my complection.

Thanks for any replies

Hi everyone

I've got a big problem. I'm addicted to junk food and i am looking for ways try try and conquer this addiction. it is pretty much fucking up my life as the only things i think about during the day are chocolate and sex. I don't mind the sex thing but the junk food thing is killing me. I basically skip healthy meals like dinner and eat junk food. like last night I was really happy with myself cause i had gone the whole day without eating any crap, but then I jacked off , and after that I had a massive craving for chocolate so i ate a whole block of toblerone. I then felt pretty fuken guilty for eating it. This is fuked!!!! This has been goin on for the last few months and i know that the crap i am putting in my body is effecting me mentally and also physically as i am tired all the time and very lazy like sleeping all fuken day sometimes. I hardly eat any fruit i always promise myself that i will eat healthy and i have even made fuken contracts with myself that are on paper and official and shit and i sign them. but after a week or so i have these massive cravings and i go down to the supermarket and buy like 5 chocolate bars and then i am back to square one.

Does anyone know how to beat cravings for chocolate and other junk and stick to healthy eating? I also have a few acne scars so i want to eat as healthy as possible to try and improve my complection.

Thanks for any replies

You have to want the absence of the food more than the comfort it gives you. (or whatever it is) Because you can’t have both.

It's all in your head. You must decide to change your way of life. Watch some good inspiring film.

Hi everyone

I basically skip healthy meals like dinner and eat junk food. like last night I was really happy with myself cause i had gone the whole day without eating any crap, but then I jacked off , and after that I had a massive craving for chocolate so i ate a whole block of toblerone.

Hahahaha! Sorry, but you're in quite a silly tangle. Try to associate chocolate with something that you're afraid of, grosses you out, or depise of. Kinda like that obese mailman that lures youngins with half-melted Hershey Kisses tucked in his love handles. Ewwwwwwwwwww!

Can you just not keep junk food in the house (throw it away and don't buy more)? Or is other people in your house who buy it...?

You have to find healthy food that tastes good (not impossible).

I'd look into getting some healthy cookbooks. Once you start cooking stuff that actually tastes good it's not so bad.

I love mexican food, but taco bell just won't cut it..I like the stuff you get at tiny hole in the wall mexican places....I had the best taco's at this one place and realized there is nothing to making them, and they're also dirt cheap to make....

Chicken Legs, Breasts ect, with skin on (I usually get organic chicken, but it's still cheap). I cook it in a covered pan, with only a little water and lime juice and a smashed clove of garlic, and a little salt and pepper). I remove the skin and pull off the meat with a fork once it's cooked (about 20 minutes). I add lime juice, chopped onioins and cilantro, and put the mixture in a corn tortilla....I can eat a few with no guilt. I also add a salad to the meal (avacados, tomatoes, cucumber, and red onions) and dress it with a ground up piece of garlic (add a little salt and grind it with a knife until it forms a paste) added to some lime juice. Sometimes I'll drizzle a little olive oil or flax oil on it too, depending on how many calories I want to eat.....

As far as chocolate goes....it's really not as bad as it seems. True it's high in calories and fat, but it's also rich in antioxidants. The darker the better....I love bitersweet chocolate (at least 60% cocoa solids). Have you ever tried chocolate covered strawberries?.....so easy to make (strawberries, a tiny bit of butter or ghee and dark chocolate) The combination of the strawberries and the dark, bitersweet chocolate is like an orgasm...(okay not really, but it's awesome)....so good....and not that bad for you if you eat them in moderation.........

The trick is to not totally deprive yourself....this is what causes the massive chocolate binges....

Actually you could try jacking off everytime you get a chocolate craving (since they both increase dopamine and serotonin levels in the brain)........actually excercise can do this too.....I'd try to hit the gym......

Guest Gentle~Rain

LabGirl81 is right!!! If you totally remove it than you are just setting yourself up for binges/guilt. Try to incorporate a reasonable amount in with a healthy eating plan. If chocolate is your thing then allow yourself some. Get hershy kisses in a jumbo bag and reward yourself after a healthy meal with 4 or 5.

Out of sight, out of mind. Ditch the chocolate, or else you'll be tempted to eat it.

Out of sight, out of mind. Ditch the chocolate, or else you'll be tempted to eat it.

The trick is is to keep only a little tiny bit around (no more than like 200 calories worth)....so if you happen to eat it all it's no biggie.....

I used to eat alot of chocolate, now I don't eat any...at all. I don't miss it either, maybe it's because I associated it with breakouts at one point.

Actually I hardly eat anything sweet.

Whenever you crave something sweet, open up a box of raisin bran. The raisins are sweet, milk is great, and fiber will help ease whatever appetite you have. Works for me anyway.

I'm rather addicted to junk food myself. I don't want to give it up yet, so props to you for trying! That takes hella strength.

...you cannot change your fate.

That is BULLSHIT. There is no fate, no destiny, no high power of any sort that is greater than your own will in your life.

PS: If you're joking, sorry, I just had to make the point.

Wow clear skin,- I could've written that exact post word for word myself! If you find the secret to self-discipline, let me know. :confused:

Thanks everyone for trying to help out.

Anyway, i don't yet know what the fuck i am going to do. I will probably just eat a little every now and then like once every 2 days so i don't freak out and totally go on a binge like i would if i deprived myself totally.

The thing is, i really want to cut the junk food out of my life 100%. That means no junk food whatsoever. Just all 100% natural healthy foods. I don't know if i will be able to do this but i am currently thinking of ways to increase my self discipline.

I'm lucky i'm not a heroin addict cause if i was i would be totally fucked. I have limited self discipline and i would never be able to quit. If i can't quit chocolate how the hell would i be able to quit heroin?

Anyway, also the thing that really pisses me off is how some people can drink, smoke use drugs and everything else and have crystal clear skin. Life is just totally fucken unfair. I would really give anything to have clear skin. Acne has basically fucked up my life for the past 6 years. I have another 2 months left of accutane and i would say 99% of the active acne is gone, however i have tons of redmarks and scars which make my skin look just as bad, so even if accutane has helped, which it has, my face still looks fucked up.

Anyways, thanks 4 reading

Hi clear_skin,

If we get a little technical you're in a pattern, we all have them, and lots and lots of them.

You have patterns when you wake up, you may go get breakfast then shower, or you may shower then have breakfast, but usually you'll do it in the same routine every day.

The same for eating, those who eat healthily will do so day to day, as they're running an effective program, the one you're running is almost exactly the same, it just so happens yours isn't very resourceful.

You're using food as an emotional outlet, BUT part of the reason you're feeling down is because you're letting yourself down all the time, by eating crap that you know isn't doing you or your skin any good.

A good start, to changing this pattern, is to make a conscious effort to eat a nice healthy meal, see how good you feel when you do so, because you're being considtant with what you want and what you do, this good feeling can drive you forward to do the same again.

If theres a particular time you normally eat this junk food, i.e 10pm, then give yourself something to do at these times, this puts whats called an 'interrupt' in the pattern and helps break it.

Doing that, as well as making conscious effort to eat the right things, will have you feeling good and within only a few days, you'll have a whole new pattern that serves you so much better.

Because you're feeling good about yourself, you'll have even less reason to eat the junk, plus your skin is likely to look better.

To find the motivation to do all this, close your eyes, and imagine 2 weeks time, when you've been doing all of the above, and notice how good you're feeling about yourself, and how good your skin looks eating the right foods, how much more energy you'll have.

You see you don't need to experience something, to experience the emotions, because your brain is experiencing how good it will feel to do all of the above, its drive to do them, to feel that way on a longer term basis.

I hope that helps.

Junk food contains lots of carbs and sugar. You crave them, because your brain needs it to produce serotonin. Buy lots of grapes and eat them whenever you get a sugar/carb craving.

It helps also if you start off slow- don't immediately cut junk food out of your life. It's like the alcoholic or the druggie going cold turkey- it usually doesn't work.

Like others have suggested, trying cutting down on how much junk food you eat and start incorporating healthier foods; a month from now you might see yourself in a healthier state.

By the way, lol they do make organic chocolate. It's supposed to be way better for you, but I have no idea how much that would cost. Organic foods can be expensive. But definitely, like another poster suggested, you might consider switching to dark chocolate to help you ease off of them (by switching to a healthier alternative, and then easing off it slowly).

It also seems like you've got a lot of time on your hands to think about the desire to eat junk food and then go get it if you don't have it. Try involving yourself in outside activities, pick up some hobbies and new interests, and hang out with your friends more. It's also good to have support in the form of your family or your friends, that'll help you stay on track.

Also, if your family doesn't help with your addiction to junk food, i.e, they eat it a lot too or always have it around the house, then maybe you could talk to them about your problem and that you want to change and be healthier.

Good luck with everything!

here's the thing, you can't switch from eating high-carb and high-sugar junk food to eating tomatoes and spinach.

You have to subsitute sugar with sugar, otherwise you'll feel tired all the time, and you won't be able to think straight.

For a great snack, get walnuts, cashews, almonds and grapes. It tastes great, fills you up with sugar and carbs, and you don't have to cook anything.

Cutting out crap, will actually stop the cravings, its the junk itself that causes the cravings.

Junk food contains a lot of sugar, which gives us a high level of sugar in our blood, insulin the counteracts this high level, but usually takes it to low, and thus we crave these foods over and over.

You'll spend your days craving junk food.

Eating whole foods like bran, wheat etc will keep your blood sugar stable, and you'll crave junk food far less, and you'll have far more energy and feel great.