Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NewToBoard

Fettucini and GI/GL Indexes

So I've been eating a Paleolithic diet (google it) for the last 4-5 months and am completely free of any acne now. I've been researching fruits and some of their side-effects and decided that I might try some alternate carb source. I figured since Fettucini is the lowest GI grain that I could find that I would try it, only problem is that it's GL rating is through the roof at 20. Can anyone explain to me the difference between an apple with GI 30 and GL 6 and Fettucini GI 33 Gl 20 in terms of blood sugar.

I figure that the carb content is larger in the pasta, but the release rate is the exact same, so......the overall effect on the skin should be similar, right? Eating 3 apples in a row = 1 serving of Fettucini? :D

I really hate resorting to eating grains, but I can't see the problem if they're low GI, not sure how GL works. Aside from Fettucini however, there really aren't any alternatives to fruits.