Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KingoftheBongo

csr while camping

does anyone have any experience combining outing trips with the csr? is it possible?

I am going on a 30 day backpacking trip this summer and i don't know what to do about the regimen. should i try to keep it up in the backcountry? it would be hard and require a lot of time and energy. any advice is accepted (:

I personally haven't, but others have mentioned taking along baby wipes to wash with, then applying the bp and moist. Take along a travel-sized mirror too, I think that would be necessary.

Let us know how it goes for you.

I did it on a trip to europe, well actually not the regimen but I used proactive and over 45 days I only missed a few applications, it was a major pain in the ass working around that though and I still broke out a few times a week, really fucked the trip over in a way.

If its working, take it, as 5 minutes out of your day, is FAR better than a whole 30 days stressing over your skin.

Get up 5 minutes earlier, it will be worth it if it allows you to enjoy your trip to the MAX ;)

I've gone on vacations and did my Regimen, in a cabin, but there was showers/sinks, etc. It wasn't exactly roughing it. But it worked out fine really.

i don't know what you are using for your products, but i like my cetaphil cleanser because i can use it on dry skin. and at night that is what i do. i apply it dry and wipe off gently with a damp washcloth.

yes definately try to keep up with it if it's working. it'll make you feel much cleaner and more comfortable.

try something waterless like cetaphil or face wipes [test out these things well in advance so you're not stuck in the backcountry with a face full of pimples and no other products and no rite aid for miles]. is there going to be access to running water, like in campsites or stopoffs or nature preserve centers or anything? i know it sounds ghetto but if there are any like fast food places or any sort of public building you're going to be going anywhere near, go in and use their sink for your face rituals. i do this all the time on long car trips, and when i camped [although the last timei camped i was like 12]. it really makes you feel much cleaner and less gross, which would put a damper on you having fun on this trip.

or....it could just be the perfect opportunity to try that 'no washing your face' theory

does anyone have any experience combining outing trips with the csr? is it possible?

I am going on a 30 day backpacking trip this summer and i don't know what to do about the regimen. should i try to keep it up in the backcountry? it would be hard and require a lot of time and energy. any advice is accepted (:

keep it up. there will be water to wash even if you have to take extra bottles to fill up and wash with cold water. i know if i miss only one night of csr i break out and feel gross the next day. i can get up to 5 new pimples in one night of missing the regimen as opposed to not worrying about break outs anymore.