Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miss_kowalski

Skin NOT getting red and flaky

I started this regimen last night, and the products I use for this regimen are :

1. Clearasil Daily Wash (It works best for me and Cetaphil isn't sold in my country)

2. Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment

3. Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture (Combination Skin)

I'm used to Benzoyl Peroxide and I used the 5% one last year (didn't help my skin at all!), so I put plenty of Neutrogena On-The-Spot on my skin for the regimen. I don't feel much reaction, just TINY tingling going on that lasts for a couple of seconds. After applying moisturizer, my skin doesn't go red/flaky/stinging/burning or anything that I've read.

This morning, my skin still doesn't go red and it makes me wonder if it's normal or I'm missing something out? Or is it too early to determine? Thanks in advance :angel:

well, consider yourself lucky! But do be careful, some people don't start getting red or dry until several days in. I still suggest starting low and slow.

My face was fine the first day, it was over the next few days that the redness/flaking kicked in, but after a couple of weeks it has subsided significantly. If you don't experience any of it, consider yourself luck! lol :dance:

Hi!

Well u seem to be a lucky gal. Or u could also not putting enough BP on your face. Dan's videos show a third of a finger during the first weeks and then increases the quantity after some time.

Thats what i am doing anyway. I just started the regimen and i can tell ya.... red it is my face and it sometimes stings. Wish i could be as lucky as you!!

i never had a problem with any of that. now that i am a little more than a month in i do get dry, but not horridly flaky or anything. i was using peroxide anyway so i think i was used to it.

Thanks peeps! Well, things are starting to kick in today. My skin is now reddish but I have olive skin so it's not too noticeable and I feel the burning a bit, but nothing too uncomfortable. I have a good feeling about this regimen because when I wash it all off, my skin is sooooo soft and some bumps are flattened. So yay! I guess I was worried about the wrong reasons.