Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
frank1234

Shaving off Pimples

Do any of you guys shave off the whiteheads of pimples or try to avoid the pimples with heads all together? Will shaving these areas cause even more aggrivation?

I'm a girl, so I don't shave my face, but I'm pretty sure shaving off whiteheads would cause extra irratation. You're pretty much taking a chunk (miniscule as it is) of skin off your face.

Some of the guys have found Dan's shaving video very helpful, as well as trying to shave gently.

But it does make me glad I'm a girl. That's a toughie!

Do any of you guys shave off the whiteheads of pimples or try to avoid the pimples with heads all together? Will shaving these areas cause even more aggrivation?

AHHHHH just the headline is scary.

I use an electric shaver and ive done it a couple of times with small ones.. I try not too and get as close as possible.... A couple of small hairs on your face that are hard to see is a small price to pay then to get a breakout that could last you months.

I have to shave over them but I try to be as gentle as possible. If I don't shave then doing the regimen becomes difficult cause all the stubble gets in the way of the bp absorbing. Dan has a shaving video?

as far as i know he shaves in the shower so I'm thinking the video would have to come with an age restriction :P

Shaving off whiteheads actually led me to discover what exactly is causing 75% of my acne. About a month ago, after being extremely extremely careful and never nicking one, I lopped off a pretty nasty whitehead in the shower. When I stepped out and looked in the mirror, I noticed a sort of "mini whitehead" inside the cut. Figuring "what the hell", I unleashed the two-finger-fury upon the fucker and out came a monster sebum-snake. Over the next 2 weeks I did this to 10 more whiteheads, and inside every one were the same sebum snakes. Thus, it became painfully clear that deeply plugged-comedones were being attacked by my body's immune system, resulting in deep, painful cysts... but it also showed me how to clear up my acne: If badly plugged pores were the cause of my acne, then getting rid of them will solve the problem. I grabbed a prescription for Retin-A and began Jessfoliation to shed dead-skin, allowing the Retin-A to fully nail the deeply ensconced buggers. Only 1 1/2 weeks now since starting the combo and my inflammatory acne has subsided immensly as my seemingly-forever-plugged pores become unplugged.

I noticed with my face even if I use an electric shaver, it aggravates the skin more. Even my derma advised it to not touch the areas since hair follicles in those areas are continously growing. And aggravated oily skin is not a good sign, it means more pimples on the way. Back then, everytime I shave my face, there's always those small bumps that grows and contains long awaited whiteheads. Ever since then, I only shave once a month. Or even twice a month, since my beard is not that hairy.

yeaaa i just shaveddd baby smooooooth but yea next week will be a badddd week i shave with my electric like every 2-3 weeks and like after i shave and new pimples come in they just like feel different than normal like if i pop them they just get super irritated and usually doesnt go away for a longer time and leaves red marks and if i dont touch them they will be there for weeeks but i dont want to have mongolian hair patches all over my face so i must shave

Thanks for all your quick responses.....

The reason I just shave right over them and rip them open is because I feel they dry up quicker and shrink? I guess I better stop doing that shit?

Thanks for all your quick responses.....

The reason I just shave right over them and rip them open is because I feel they dry up quicker and shrink? I guess I better stop doing that shit?

The problem with that is that you then smear all the gunk that's inside the whitehead (bacteria 'n' all) over your face as you swipe with your razor. It can cause more acne, so I'd say yeah, stop!

Attempting to "shave off" a pimple would only result in a bad cut on your face and probably a nasty scar along with it. Shave the clear parts of your face the way you normally would. When you get to a part that has a break out just be very careful and avoid dragging the razor over your acne.

Gilette sensor excel is the way to go if you're not using it currently. All that Mach3 and Quattro garbage is a waste of money and way too irritating. Also, electric shavers are far inferior in my experience. They are also very irritating. I want to try the latest Gilette SuperMachActionExtreme or whatever it's called. The one with 6 blades. We'll see how that one is.

Ive already noticed an improvement with not being an idiot and being very careful shaving. Thanks for all your responses everyone.

the sensor excel doesn't give me a very good shave, while in comparison with mach 3 I got much closer shave so it really depends what your after. I know they say don't shave against the grain but that's only way I can get baby smooth skin. any other ideas?

I guess the majority of people here don't care too much about how close the shave is, so long as it doesn't cause irritation = acne I know I'm happy.