Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazynshort

Tanning Lotion...

I really really love it when I have a tan, but I am extremely pale and I find most tanning lotions look too orange and often blotchy on my light skin... any know of a good product to use? (I'm already short, the last thing I need is an orange face to make me look like an umpa lumpa lol) :redface:

just use any moisturizer. as long as you are moisturized you will tan just about the same as with tanning lotions, maybe a tiny less.

Yea, I already do that. But I have red marks and don't want them to be prolonged from sun exposure. Need to fake it baby...

i use tanning beds, but i dont want to burn my face/prolong my red marks so i usually cover my face SO i'm also looking for a good sunless tanner for my face... help!

if i want to make my face look a bit tanned i brush a bit of bronzer on my nose and cheeks..it gives me a pretty sunkissed glow and instantly brightens my face :) i rarely use it though..

Coppertone has a gradual tan lotion for faces. I bought it but haven't used it yet. It could be a good option for you since it's one of those light lotions that you're supposed to use every day to maintain a tan (like the natural glow, etc, but for faces).

every day = :snooty:

doesnt matter what brand/type/how expensive all sunless tanners smell bad because it's the active ingredient that smells bad. no way to take the smell away.

AND my normal skin color is kinda dark so i need a really dark tanner or i cant see anything

AND i exfoliate so much i need something dark that will stay on a long time

shit, i dont think i'll ever find the perfect one.

hey lemme know about the gradual tan thing. there;s no way i could put another lotion all over my body every day but face could be worked out. i had been using a regular sunless tanner every day, not a gradual one, and it was nice. clinique self tan for face. but unfortunately it broke me out in these crazy pimples like i'd never seen before so i had to stop.

Yeah dihydroxyacetone just stinks....no way around it....

Jergen's just came out with a neat moisturizer that's also a gradual self tanner. It contains a small amount of dihydroxyacetone (DHA) and also contins erythrulose, a four carbon sugar, that when used in combination with DHA provides a longer lasting and more natural looking tan than DHA alone and it also helps counteract the drying effects of DHA.

I'm doing a competative evaluation of it for work, so i've got all thre shades of it sitting on my desk. The formula is a traditional oil-in-water lotion. Ceteareth-20, glyceryl stearate, peg-100 stearate, and stearic acid are used as emulsifiers, all okay as far as acne goes. The emulsion is stabilized by polymers acrylates /C10-…30 alkyl acrylate (carbomer) and polyacrylamide. It contains emollients like ethylhexyl isononanoate, dimethicone and phenyl trimethicone and glycerin is used as a humectant. The pH of it is about 4.50, which is very close to the skin's natural pH......

It's labeled non-comedogenic, and the fragrance actually masks most of the DHA odor.....

I think it's really lightweight and non greasy. Actually I'd love to use the stuff, but I'm on a topical retinoid, so I need a little extra moisturization, and my skin cells shed so fast the I don't think I'd actually see a tan develop....It says not exfoliate more than once a week for best results....

Oh and it only costs $5.99

Jergen's just came out with a neat moisturizer that's also a gradual self tanner. It contains a small amount of dihydroxyacetone (DHA) and also contins erythrulose, a four carbon sugar, that when used in combination with DHA provides a longer lasting and more natural looking tan than DHA alone and it also helps counteract the drying effects of DHA.

I'm doing a competative evaluation of it for work, so i've got all thre shades of it sitting on my desk. The formula is a traditional oil-in-water lotion. Ceteareth-20, glyceryl stearate, peg-100 stearate, and stearic acid are used as emulsifiers, all okay as far as acne goes. The emulsion is stabilized by polymers acrylates /C10-…30 alkyl acrylate (carbomer) and polyacrylamide. It contains emollients like ethylhexyl isononanoate, dimethicone and phenyl trimethicone and glycerin is used as a humectant. The pH of it is about 4.50, which is very close to the skin's natural pH......

It's labeled non-comedogenic, and the fragrance actually masks most of the DHA odor.....

I think it's really lightweight and non greasy. Actually I'd love to use the stuff, but I'm on a topical retinoid, so I need a little extra moisturization, and my skin cells shed so fast the I don't think I'd actually see a tan develop....It says not exfoliate more than once a week for best results....

I wish jergens had that this for my face. oil free too - that would be godly

What's it called? Is it natural glow for faces or does it have another name?

[quote name='ssips720' date='Mar 13 2006, 08:58 PM' post='10261

I wish jergens had that this for my face. oil free too - that would be godly

they do!!

What's it called? Is it natural glow for faces or does it have another name?

Yeah, we just got it in at the drugstore where i work. it's called natural glow face daily moisturizer.

I have the same issue (also really short!). The BP really bleaches out my skin, but I tann really easily just walking around outside, so I look like a Geisha with my face covered in rice powder.

Once a week, I use the oil-free coppertone (it's for body but says okay for face). The problem with that one is it doesn't last all week. I've had no probelms with breakouts from it, but if I used it twice a week, that's to days that I'm not using the BP and I'm paranoid problems will occur.

I don't know if you naturally tan, but if you do, I would recommend wearing an oil-free spf 15 (no BP under it), and going out in the 10am-4pm sun for an hour or so. Sun actually helps to clear me up, and minimal exposure doesn't exacerbate (sp?) my scars. Actually, since I'm a southener and live on a houseboat, (translate: in the sun constantly) in the summer I'll have virtually no blemishes between june and august. I'. ve always wanted to try a tanning bed once a month in the winter to see if that would help, but I haven't been brave enough to visit one yet. When I was young (16) and saw a dermo, he actually recommended a light box, which I think it essentially a tanning bed.

The main no-nos with sun exposure to tan (in my opinion) are 1.) wearing BP at the same time and 2.) not using a moisterizer. If your face is dry already, I'd wait until it's better to do this.

Also, ever try that gradual tan, oil-free stuff for your face? That works okay for me and doesn't break me out, it just feels heavy under my makeup.

Hope this was helpful!

A good sunless tanner I've been experimenting with is Savage Bronze, which can be bought at Sally Beauty Supply.

This stuff makes me (a VERY pale person) look pretty brown with two applications. I usually do it before bed and take a shower to wash off the color guard in the morning (also gets rid of the funky smell, although this doesn't stink quite as much as some other brands do). Also, from other reviews on makeupalley.com, I've seen that it hasn't been comedogenic for many, so that's a plus. I don't use it on my face, though. Mainly because I use Tazorac each night, so there really isn't a point to putting ST on my face. Makeup takes care of my facial color.

Sunless.com is a great website full of tips and product reviews for those who are interested in sunless tanning. I think it's definitely worth a shot to try, especially since tanning in the sun can be detrimental to your overall health (and looks) in the long run.

Also, I've tried the Jergens Natural Glow in both Light and Medium. Total crap. If you want any semblence of a tan, you need to go with a straight-up sunless tanner, not this lotion stuff. The DHA amount is pretty small, and the best color I got from either of these products was a nice jaundiced shade of yellowy-orange. Plus, it takes almost seven days to get any real color. Kind of an annoying product, if you ask me!

I've heard Banana Boat's version of this lotion/self-tanner is much more agreeable, in terms of color development and smell. I haven't personally tried this out yet, but if I remember correctly from reading the ingredients, it contains henna. That stuff will definitely stain light clothing/bedsheets, but it might not be a problem if you make sure to be completely dry before dressing.

I use Jergens Natural Glow, I'm of Irish descent meaning I have PALE pale pasty freckly skin, but I havent tried the one for face yet. It does have a sort of orangey tinge, but not too too bad. I actually emailed the makeup store Sephora (sephora.com) and asked about self tanners for fair skin and they recommended St. Tropez, or some of the Clarins products. Also Dermadoctor.com has some good ones, though i've yet to try them out. I've heard California North is really good, but it comes out white so it can be iffy to get a streakless look, but apparently its really brown not orange....yayyy!! On other forums (makeup/fashion forums) people have said that they'd get Cali. North over St. Tropez because it looks almost identical, plus Cali N. is like 1/2 the price!!

+ also..Warmth from bare minerals is sooo great..it really blends into your skin, and if you want to look really tan use it all over your face and put luminizer or something on the cheeks/nose to make them stand out. I only put it on the apples of my cheeks, nose, and forhead and everyone thinks I look so so tan!! Using that and Jerg. Nat glow on arms/legs I look fairly natural..thinking of getting st. tropez or cali. north though!

honestly, he only way u will get that tan non orsnge look from self tanner is by using airbrush self tanner( esspecially if r pale ) it will go on even

Neutrogena air brush in a can its oil free! ( im always using this stuff)

i bought the new dove self tanning lotion for fair skin and after one night i look a lot tanner in a very natural way and its fairly cheap only 6.99

I have same problem. Very pale/fair skin, in your display pic seems to resemble my colour, but me lots of red marks :boohoo: I always find when I try to tan those are way more apparent and harder to cover with makeup, it sucks. Any ideas would help.

My favorite self-tanner is Fake Bake. I live in Canada & I order it through Bronzed Beauty www.bronzedbeauty.ca The stuff is amazing and they actually have a Face self-tanner as well. I've tried numerous sunless tanning products and tanning lotions but I find that I get the best color & longest lasting result with Fake Bake. Plus, its a celebrity favorite so that doesn't hurt either! haha