Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazynshort

Tanning Lotion...

I really really love it when I have a tan, but I am extremely pale and I find most tanning lotions look too orange and often blotchy on my light skin... any know of a good product to use? (I'm already short, the last thing I need is an orange face to make me look like an umpa lumpa lol) :redface:

I really really love it when I have a tan, but I am extremely pale and I find most tanning lotions look too orange and often blotchy on my light skin... any know of a good product to use? (I'm already short, the last thing I need is an orange face to make me look like an umpa lumpa lol) :redface:

Are you talking about fake tanning lotions?

Just dont go there I have naturally very pale skin. A few weeks before I was to start highschool I thought id make a grand entrance with tan skin...fake tan skin. It was disgusting, it would peel off in clumps and id be left with white elbows and orange arms, it was blotchy no matter what you did and I never even applied it to my face, i knew that would look like uber shit.

I tan in a tanning bed now, but I tan in a bed that doesnt use UV rays, It never burns you but you still get a great tan. Im loving it.

Its been years since i did the fake tanning thing and the other day my younger brother was speaking to me and said you know i never wanted to tell you at the time but you looked horrible with that fake orange tan.

And I had tried all the different products, i tried ti tan towels, the creams the sprays even the really expensive ones made by dior.

all orange, and all blotchy.

I tan in a tanning bed now, but I tan in a bed that doesnt use UV rays, It never burns you but you still get a great tan. Im loving it.

what's this?

i dont think theres any tanning beds that dont use uv rays.. your probably being fooled.. no tanning beds burn you..because they use uva rays which dont burn but are way worse for your skin and long term damage to it.

I tanned in the tanning bed two years straight.. I had to stop because I knew I was damaging my skin and I really would like to age well...

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

I naturally have a medium skin tone but I still bought the kind for fair skin to add a little glow to my skin.. it does NOT look orange in any lighting.. my skin just looks a little darker.. it really DOES work right. get the body and face.. anyway just try it out.. its working for me

I just took this pic today, no its not my best pic.. lol

IPB Image

I would be careful about using that natural glow on your face. It's made as a body moisturizer and could cause problems -- petrolatum and mineral oil are the 3rd and 4th ingredients.

Try using one of the gradual lotions made for faces. There's the natural glow for faces, the coppertone gradual tan for faces, and I believe neutrogena has one. They're made to work gradually and be used every day to maintain your tan, so the color won't be as extreme if it turns out not to work well on you.

does anyone know of a good non-gradual face tanner that doesnt cause breakouts? my skin is kind of resistant to these sunless tanners so i need a dark one...

does anyone know of a good non-gradual face tanner that doesnt cause breakouts? my skin is kind of resistant to these sunless tanners so i need a dark one...

I've used sublime bronze without problems. It's a tanner-bronzer in one, and I absolutely hate the bronzer, it gives my face a cardboard box color. I just use it at night and wash it off before I go in public though.

Edit: here is the one I mean.

i loooove tanning lotion, because it's safe to use and it always fades if you don't like it. i have extremely fair skin as well, so i use this jergens moisturizer that builds up a decent tan, even for fair skin. you can find it virtually anywhere - just make sure you get the stuff labeled for light skin.

cool, thanks! i think i'll try the sublime bronze one when i can next get to the shops, i've used their body one before and it was quite good as far as these things go, didn't realize they made a face one too

I would be careful about using that natural glow on your face. It's made as a body moisturizer and could cause problems -- petrolatum and mineral oil are the 3rd and 4th ingredients.

Try using one of the gradual lotions made for faces. There's the natural glow for faces, the coppertone gradual tan for faces, and I believe neutrogena has one. They're made to work gradually and be used every day to maintain your tan, so the color won't be as extreme if it turns out not to work well on you.

lol well yea.. if you read my post I said "get the body and the face"

I have both the jergens face lotion and the jergens body lotion... I definately am not going to let myself get ANY pimples from some body lotion. lol although I'm sure people have used the body lotion on there face