Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Been taking protein supplements for a good while Johnjoz,with no problems.

I have read that protein can encourage healing of you skin along with your muscle fibres...though can't say personally that it has..lol.

two years ago I was taking protein shakes and that was one of my more clear periods of skin, so I don't think theres any connection

Some of the shakes have milk powder in them. There's a slightly suspicious correlation between milk and acne in the population studies. There's various theories as to why, but there's no proven link.

Whey powder is a milk product, but I would imagine that that would be less likely to be a problem, even if milk is, due to the extra processing it gets during manufacture, but I don't really know.

can you breakout from protien shakes (nitro-tech) ???

alot of companies put massive amounts of sugar which WILL make u break out.

try Optimum Whey Protein

try Optimum Whey Protein

id love to see some of those companies who put massive amounts of sugar in their protein shakes.. i dont think you know what your talking about.. the only thing companies but excessive sugar in is weight gainers which arent the same as protein shakes.. have you actually looked at some of the lower priced proteins compared to the higher ones? there almost indentical.. your just paying for the name.

Most of the good ones don't have sucrose (table sugar), but most do have sizeable quantities of dextrose or maltodextrin in them, because that gives a big glucose and insulin spike which helps your muscles absorb the protein and help you recover from the workout.

Whether that makes you acne worse is an open question.

I would say that eating pretty much pure protein after your workout without any sugars ("Optimum whey protein" has more or less no sugars/carbs) probably negates much, but not all of the advantage of a protein drink.

try Optimum Whey Protein

id love to see some of those companies who put massive amounts of sugar in their protein shakes.. i dont think you know what your talking about.. the only thing companies but excessive sugar in is weight gainers which arent the same as protein shakes.. have you actually looked at some of the lower priced proteins compared to the higher ones? there almost indentical.. your just paying for the name.

weight gainers, energy protein shakes, creatine, mood boosting caffiene weight loss drinks, HMMMMMMMM

i dont know anything about protein shakes causing acne, but i cosign the dude that suggested optimum whey.

muscle tech is bashed on in the bodybuilding community (bodybuilding.com look in message forums) for being waaaayyyy overpriced. unless you get it real cheap i suggest you look up reviews on that site instead of doing what i used to do as a noob and asking the biased gnc people.