Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Narcisses

Names of people who attained success and left acne.org

Here are the ones i know of:

* GUMBY - completely eradicated his scars (but he posts in the lounge, because he grew attached to that place)

* MAGNETIXBOY - I think he got the results he was after ?

* REILLY - Got great results with TCA CROSS 100%

* ANIMEGIRL - had a tonne of dermabrasions and has near perfect skin now i think

hmm, that's all that come to mind, i dont really know too many people on this board anyway.

I was also very interested in finding out if anybody here has obtained good results. So I decided to do a little search on the people you mention. This is what I found:

1.Reilly: She doesn't worry "TOO MUCH" about her scars.

2.Magnetixboy: He's saving money for dermabrassion.

( Sorry If I couldn't find anything on the other members you mentioned. As soon as I have some more extra time, I'll trace their last posts.)

You make your own conclusions. My conclusion is: "Success is in the eye of the beholder"

Did Maya resolve all her scar issues? I only know her name from the vinegar and lemon post and from some of the TCA Cross posts and she probably hasn't been here for awhile, but she seemed really active and always trying new things for her scars.

Cool! Do these success stories still have a way we can contact them?

Here are the ones i know of:

* GUMBY - completely eradicated his scars (but he posts in the lounge, because he grew attached to that place)

* MAGNETIXBOY - I think he got the results he was after ?

* REILLY - Got great results with TCA CROSS 100%

* ANIMEGIRL - had a tonne of dermabrasions and has near perfect skin now i think

hmm, that's all that come to mind, i dont really know too many people on this board anyway.

Did Maya resolve all her scar issues? I only know her name from the vinegar and lemon post and from some of the TCA Cross posts and she probably hasn't been here for awhile, but she seemed really active and always trying new things for her scars.

When Maya left I believe she still had scars.

I'm still here!. I visit the board for a few mins every day... I like this board.. Its always nice to keep up with everything..

I definately still have the same results.. I still stick by 80% improvement and if anyone wants me to take any new pics I will.. and Yes im saving up for a dermabrasion, but according to my derm he says I don't need one.. I think probaly its yes some of them are still there, but no they are not extreme enough for a dermabrasion and that its me being to hard on myself and starting to put things in my mind..

I'm not where I want to be but I have no acne and just a few scars.. I am happy!

I'm still here!. I visit the board for a few mins every day... I like this board.. Its always nice to keep up with everything..

I definately still have the same results.. I still stick by 80% improvement and if anyone wants me to take any new pics I will.. and Yes im saving up for a dermabrasion, but according to my derm he says I don't need one.. I think probaly its yes some of them are still there, but no they are not extreme enough for a dermabrasion and that its me being to hard on myself and starting to put things in my mind..

I'm not where I want to be but I have no acne and a few scars.. I am happy!

What sorta scars did you have and what did you do to fix them? I've been aware of you for a while now (I've seen that handle image a couple of times, I know), but can't really remember: mind writing a few lines to say what you had done?

I'm not where I want to be but I have no acne and just a few scars.. I am happy!

Please tell us how you got 80% improvement! That's great!

What sorta scars did you have and what did you do to fix them? I've been aware of you for a while now (I've seen that handle image a couple of times, I know), but can't really remember: mind writing a few lines to say what you had done?

I was gonna look for my topic but I couldnt find it... I had shallow scars around a few "deeper scars"..

I had four "medical microdermabrasions" the brand or whatever was Power Peel.. She basically grinded down each scar with the machine.. I scabbed for over a week each time, bloody red, pus etc...

It bsically smoothed the edges, made it more even with my skin.. Alot of the scars that where visible in everyday light you can only now see if I look at a angle with a light right down on me... The few that are larger are alot less visible.. and the really shallow ones are just not there at all anymore.

It seems to be not many people do the microderm the way my derm did and it seems it has alot to do with who is doing it and how skilled they are.. Just don't get it confused to be honest its nothing like a reg microderm at all..

I was gonna look for my topic but I couldnt find it... I had shallow scars around a few "deeper scars"..

I had four "medical microdermabrasions" the brand or whatever was Power Peel.. She basically grinded down each scar with the machine.. I scabbed for over a week each time, bloody red, pus etc...

It bsically smoothed the edges, made it more even with my skin.. Alot of the scars that where visible in everyday light you can only now see if I look at a angle with a light right down on me... The few that are larger are alot less visible.. and the really shallow ones are just not there at all anymore.

It seems to be not many people do the microderm the way my derm did and it seems it has alot to do with who is doing it and how skilled they are.. Just don't get it confused to be honest its nothing like a reg microderm at all..

It is soo wicked that you still visit here! I was wondering...did you have ice pick scars as well...do you know of anyone in Canada in the Toronto area that does anything like that or anything with like lasers and stuff that is reputable...I asked my derm but she doesn't know of anybody she just told me to look around and doesn't think that the glycolic peels she does in her office will be enough for me. Thank you!!

Maya was kicked off the board for some reason....I think b/c she was plugging a product for monetary gain from the manufacturer/distributor. This is not terribly uncommon, unfortunately, which is why there are so many accusations about doctors, etc. having "plants" on the board promoting procedures & products (e.g. 302 drops, etc.)

Maya was kicked off the board for some reason....I think b/c she was plugging a product for monetary gain from the manufacturer/distributor. This is not terribly uncommon, unfortunately, which is why there are so many accusations about doctors, etc. having "plants" on the board promoting procedures & products (e.g. 302 drops, etc.)

Aww, that's too bad. I miss her. She was very adventurous with trying different scar treatments.

I still speak to Maya on a regular basis, she is a great help to me with issues regarding my scars. No ignorance or being petty whilst talking her, unlike on these boards. :wall:

I am still here, just changed my username. ;)

You can search my old posts under Thebride now instead of animegirle. If you want to see my progress pics click the link under my sig.

I am very pleased with my skin at this point, but I am going back to Dr. Y for a few punch floats towards the end of this month. There are just a few scattered icepicks (3-4) that I would like to get rid of and since the floats worked so well I decided to go back.

Great improvements can be made in the skin, it just takes a lot of time and patience in some cases.

*Misty

The bride,

I took a look at your pre-dermabrasion pictures and your scars were not that severe. Or at least, it doesn't look like you had a lot of scarring. Just a few spots here and there. Maybe it's the pictures. I don't know. It would be more helpful if you had closer before pix with no makeup.

The scars that I had prior to this final dermabrasion were not severe. Keep in mind I had my first procedure done in 1990. Then 91, 92, 93, 95, 97, 2003 and 2004. There is an old thread where I posted some old pics before I began scar treatments, but like most pics the flaws are harder to see.

There are pictures of my face with no makeup on prior to my treatments with Dr. Y. They are in my gallery.

My scarring was never severe, frankly scarring never even crossed my mind until my mother made me have the first four dermabrasions. Now I would say it's mainly body dysmorpic disorder. :doubt:

Here is a large no-makeup pic prior to my floats and dermabrasion with Dr. Y. Another. After the floats, but before the dermabrasion. Ditto.

Reilly has posted some updated pictures. However, she's wearing foundation+silicone filler+something else in those pix. Does it mean she succeeded on getting rid of her scars?

In defense of Maya, she was not plugging a product for monetary gain; she misrepresented herself to a company in order to get free samples for people on this board. She has always gone overboard to help others who are suffering......she's a very compassionate person.

The scars that I had prior to this final dermabrasion were not severe. Keep in mind I had my first procedure done in 1990. Then 91, 92, 93, 95, 97, 2003 and 2004. There is an old thread where I posted some old pics before I began scar treatments, but like most pics the flaws are harder to see.

There are pictures of my face with no makeup on prior to my treatments with Dr. Y. They are in my gallery.

My scarring was never severe, frankly scarring never even crossed my mind until my mother made me have the first four dermabrasions. Now I would say it's mainly body dysmorpic disorder. :doubt:

Here is a large no-makeup pic prior to my floats and dermabrasion with Dr. Y. Another. After the floats, but before the dermabrasion. Ditto.

U have had 8 dermabrasions! Jesus enjoy life and dont worry about your skin. U look very lovely and I am shocked that u are having anything else done to your face.

I have actually had 5 full face dermabrasions, 1 CO2 laser, 25 punch floats, 2 or 3 punch grafts (it's been so long I don't remember), 2 sessions of Smoothbeam, one spot TCA crossed, multiple microdermabrasions and one "spot" dermabrasion treatment (where only a few portions of the face were treated). :wacko:

Thank you for the compliment though...if only I didn't have to live with myself..lol. I'm working on that though!

Yeah, I do think you suffer from body dysmorphic disorder. Even your before pic with no make up looks like your scarring was almost unnoticeable. Maybe you are like my cousin. She has a flawless complexion, a porcelain skin.She never wears makeup. I really envy her skin. Yet she's always complaining about something. She told me she wants to have a fraxel laser for a "super tiny" brown spot on her neck. She makes a big deal out of it. She's the only one who sees it. But for her, it's the end of the world! I just can't stand her attitude. She's also on a very strict skin care regimen. She's never had acne or any skin problems. But She dedicates at least 3 hours a day to her skin care. She's definetly an extremist.

Coming back to you, It's a little hard to believe that a person can undergo 5 full dermabrassions + spot dermabrassion+ Lasers + peels + many other treatments. I've read that your skin needs at least 5 years to fully recover from a "FULL FACE DERMABRASSION" redardless your healing rate. And your scarring was never severe to start with. I just don't understand it. I would also assume that you are a very rich person and had plenty of time. Maybe you didn't need to work or go to school.

You know the tone you are taking is great.

The first four dermabrasions were covered by my parents insurance. I had them during my Christmas breaks ('90,'91,'92 & '93) as well as the grafting. The spot dermabrasion ('95) came out of my pocket and I took a week off of work to heal.

The CO2 laser in '97 took the longest to heal. I was red for months, but redness does not keep someone from working. That was also an out of pocket expense. The rest of my procedures have been done whenever I found the time. Somehow in between all of my scar treatments I managed to finish my Masters degree, get married and have a baby..miracle isn't it?

I don't know why you have to try and make light of someone else's situation. I also have no idea where you get the "5 years down time" between dermabrasions. Feel free to call Dr. Yarborough and ask him, or anyone else on this board who had undergone more than one of those procedures how long you need to wait. My doctor had no problem doing them one year apart.

I come to these boards to try and offer help to other people who are looking for improvements with their scars. When I had the first procedure done it's not like this resource was sitting out there for me. I had no idea of risks or complications. It wasn't presented as a choice, it was just you are going to have this done and that's that. When I went to the plastic surgeon in '97 all I wanted was a spot treatment again, but he kept pushing the CO2 laser, I relented and it was a huge mistake. I was left with some rolling scars after that procedure, but what does it matter anyway.

I really find it amusing that you think I would make up having procedures. It's been a real pleasure.

I never meant to question your procedures. If you said you went through all of them, I believe you. What I meant was that I didn't know a face could undergo 5 full dermabrassion and still have room for more procedures. Regarding Dr Y. I've heard good and bad comments about him. Some members here have said that he performs dermabrassion on anyone, regardless their skin color or condition.

Anyways, I think your experience and knowledge can enlight and lead us to take better decisions. Your close-to-4,000 posts suggest that you are an exceptional human being who shares her wisdom and advices.

Yeah, but the crosses she did had greatly improved them. I dunno where she is at now with her scars...I need to e-mail her and catch up. She posted her cross pics and she had spectacular improvement.\

I could put myself in that category, too. I consider myself a success story, though I'm still here, and though I am still working on my scars.

Hi Bride! :D It's good to see you. :dance:

You know the tone you are taking is great.

The first four dermabrasions were covered by my parents insurance. I had them during my Christmas breaks ('90,'91,'92 & '93) as well as the grafting. The spot dermabrasion ('95) came out of my pocket and I took a week off of work to heal.

The CO2 laser in '97 took the longest to heal. I was red for months, but redness does not keep someone from working. That was also an out of pocket expense. The rest of my procedures have been done whenever I found the time. Somehow in between all of my scar treatments I managed to finish my Masters degree, get married and have a baby..miracle isn't it?

I don't know why you have to try and make light of someone else's situation. I also have no idea where you get the "5 years down time" between dermabrasions. Feel free to call Dr. Yarborough and ask him, or anyone else on this board who had undergone more than one of those procedures how long you need to wait. My doctor had no problem doing them one year apart.

I come to these boards to try and offer help to other people who are looking for improvements with their scars. When I had the first procedure done it's not like this resource was sitting out there for me. I had no idea of risks or complications. It wasn't presented as a choice, it was just you are going to have this done and that's that. When I went to the plastic surgeon in '97 all I wanted was a spot treatment again, but he kept pushing the CO2 laser, I relented and it was a huge mistake. I was left with some rolling scars after that procedure, but what does it matter anyway.

I really find it amusing that you think I would make up having procedures. It's been a real pleasure.