Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tanglepants290

begging for tane tomorrow

compared to some peoples acne on this site mine doesn't look that bad, but its so persistant that i don't have a memory of what my real face looks like w/ out being covered in acne. so...i'm begging for tane 2morrow...just wondering if anyone has some words of advice on how persuade a derm to give me tane...i know that a lot of you are like "they know what thery're doing if u need it they'll give it to u" but i just can't go on like this, my acne has consumed my eveery waking though...i can't do a damn thing without thinks well what about my acne!!!! so if anyone was able to get accutane please post on how u did cause i have a feeling my derm is gonna be like...lets try some more anti biotics...ugh.......any advice would be apreciated!

im begging for tane tomm too. From my experiences, some just won't give it at all...

i'm sure a sob story and such might work.

when I asked my derm to put me on accutane, he said he can't b/c I haven't seen him much. At first he was very defensive on not putting me on accutane. But then all I had to tell him was that before I came to his clinic, I had been seeing another derm for over 8 yrs and have tried every other medication with little improvements. He then said in my case it would be good to start accutane.

you sound similar to me.

If you get turned down, and so do i, I'll steal some extra tane for you when i hold up the pharmacy.

tanglepants, how many antibiotics have u tried?

i've tried mino and sumthing else...can't member the name ( it was a while ago)

just curious because my derm wouldnt let me get on accutane till i tried 2 antibiotics(tetra,doxy)

- say that you've had acne since you were 12.

- tell the derm that you usually get cysts in the summer and show him some acne marks where they used to be(it doesn't actually have to be from cysts, as long as there is an acne scar there).

- tell the derm that your by the end of the day your face looks like it's soaked in oil.

- tell the that you've tried most topics but made your skin even worse.(do your research on this one incase he asks what you've tried.)

- tell the derm that the only thing that you think about throught the day is your skin, you look into the mirror all the time... and how on bad days, your face keeps you from going to school or social outings.

that's all i can think of.

oh ya also... if ur derm won't give it to you, find another derm, haha and so on =)

ohh and when he sees your face, tell him that you're having one of those good days.

I went through 3 derms turning me down for tane before I found one who would give it to me. He did however make me wait 6 mos. He wanted to see how I would react to more antibiotics, topicals, and face peels. Last month I confronted hime telling him how tired I was of this and afterall there was no improvements throughout the 6 mos. He finally said take this literature home and read it, then READ it again because Accutane is a big commitment. A week ago today I returned to him and said let's do it. Last Wednesday I dropped the A bomb on my body, finally!!!

I don't believe Accutane is anything to play around with but if you sincerely believe nothing else has worked and have tried it all, let your derm know you are ready for it NOW :)

Good luck honey and keep us posted.

A-

Surprising how many people also find it hard to get decent treatment, especially when you have to go through many other antibiotics. I saw my GP for two years trying about 4 different tetracycline based drugs before being referred to a dermatologist. Even then i had to try another 3 antibiotics, over a period of a year and a half before they finally gave in and put me on Isotretinoin.

Worse thing is i had cysts over my face, neck, back and chest, was covered in oily skin, but they seemed so resistant to the idea of going on to Isotretinoin.

(btw im on my second course now... joy...)