Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I also had to fill out the iPledge paperwork. I didn't have to wait the month grace period because the Ipledge is supposed to start in March, and I started in Feb. I don't think there is too much difference, in fact I think it may make things easier because now you don't have to have the sticker on the perscription, you use the card instead. I was sort of put under the impression the iPledge was to hold more accountability for the side effects and patient awareness. I could be wrong though but I dont think the iPledge system is that big of a deal! Hope tis helps but probably won't! I just took my first tane 40 mg today!

I also had to fill out the iPledge paperwork. I didn't have to wait the month grace period because the Ipledge is supposed to start in March, and I started in Feb. I don't think there is too much difference, in fact I think it may make things easier because now you don't have to have the sticker on the perscription, you use the card instead. I was sort of put under the impression the iPledge was to hold more accountability for the side effects and patient awareness. I could be wrong though but I dont think the iPledge system is that big of a deal! Hope tis helps but probably won't! I just took my first tane 40 mg today!

I'm confused about ipledge. If you started the tane treatment prior to March 1 do you have to register? I started on Feb. 23...my derm said "we'll try to sneak you in before the registry starts". I had no problem getting the Rx filled that evening. I don't see my derm again until March 16. Am I supposed to go online and register now?? Anyone with info please advise as my derm is on vacation and I couldn't get an answer yesterday. I thought ipledge was for new patients after the 3/1 date.

Thanks

A-

You have to be registered from this point forward to fill prescriptions.

This has got to be the most poorly designed, inadequately explained, bureaucratic jibber jabber i have ever had the pleasure of trying to navigate.

The stupid card they give you is slightly bigger than a credit card, so it doesn't fit in your wallet. There is no explanation as to how you actually log in for the first time once you get your card. (You have to wait for a form to arrive in the snailmail from Ipledge that assigns you a username and "password" which is actually more like a PIN since it has to be numeric.) When you do get that info and login, it immediately takes you to a screen to change your "password" but there is nothing on the page that tells you it's mandatory or anything. But it is. And don't logout before you do this or it will lock your account and you'll have to wait on the phone to talk to some techie to unlock it. Then once you are finally in and go to answer the ridiculous questions about birth control (Who thinks that having sex standing up is effective birth control???), it turns out you have to wait for your doctor to confirm your visit and bloodwork in the system before you can even answer their stupid questions. And at this point it's been so long since your visit that your bloodwork doesn't count and you have to wait for next month's appointment. And after your next appointment you will have to go home and fill out the questionaire and wait for your doctor to confirm your visit before you go to the pharmacy and then the freaking pharmacist has to check the system to make sure your doctor reported the results of your pregnancy test. ARGH! At least i only have one month left.

iPLEDGE is the most annoying thing ever! I have to wait on the phone for over 40 minutes to get my freaking password. :wall:

Yeah it is sort of a hassle. Luckily, I was able to fill my 1st prescription on Feb. 27, so I have one less month I have to deal with it.

I have a feeling that is going to be really screwed up for the first few months until everyone starts to understand what is going on and how the program works.

Yeah it is sort of a hassle. Luckily, I was able to fill my 1st prescription on Feb. 27, so I have one less month I have to deal with it.

I have a feeling that is going to be really screwed up for the first few months until everyone starts to understand what is going on and how the program works.

The part that I am confused about is...do I register myself (if so how)? The website has no info. on this. Does the derm do it for me??? I, like you got my prescription filled on 2/23 and had no problems. I just don't want to screw up and have it delay my next prescription.

A-

i'm damn near on my last fucking month here, and i swear if it all gets screwed because of this...

and i say that because my last prescription starts march 15, and all i've done so far is give my derm the paperwork. is this sufficient, or do i need to wait for stuff to come in the mail? can i expediate the pin number process? can i do it directly at the pharmacy? christ.

i've been waiting for this day for 6 years, and if it's fucked by this unorganized bastardly program, i'll cry. seriously.

Ok I have been on Tane for amost 3 months now so I only need two more refills. im also a male. Can someone please lay out the entire Ipledge process because I am absurdly confused by whether or not this affects me in any way.

The part that I am confused about is...do I register myself (if so how)? The website has no info. on this. Does the derm do it for me???

Your derm registers you. You then have to wait for a piece of snail mail from Ipledge to arrive with your username and password. The username is the number that's on your Ipledge card, the password is a randomly assigned numeric string. You then use that info to login and must immediately change your password to a numeric string you will remember.

The part that I am confused about is...do I register myself (if so how)? The website has no info. on this. Does the derm do it for me???

Your derm registers you. You then have to wait for a piece of snail mail from Ipledge to arrive with your username and password. The username is the number that's on your Ipledge card, the password is a randomly assigned numeric string. You then use that info to login and must immediately change your password to a numeric string you will remember.

Yes, and then every month you have to take your card into your pharmacy to get your precription filled. The pharmacy has to to participate in the ipledge program. You have to pick up your prescription w/ in 7 days.

Yes, and then every month you have to take your card into your pharmacy to get your precription filled. The pharmacy has to to participate in the ipledge program. You have to pick up your prescription w/ in 7 days.

THANK YOU, RYAN AND BEENTHEREDONETHAT :) The girls at my derms office seem to not have a clue about Ipledge which bothers me!! Now that I know the office registers me I will ride the butt till they get it done.

Again, thanks for your help!!

Ang

The girls at my derms office seem to not have a clue about Ipledge which bothers me!!

Well, i doubt it's really their fault. The FDA doesn't seem to have explained the details of the program procedures very well.

i gave the forms to my derm. she's out of town going to a meeting on this ipledge thing. does the password HAVE to come in the mail, or can you get one over the phone? i'm pretty damn sure nothing will come in the mail--especially since my derm has probably not turned in the forms considering she's away---in 15 days, the time i should start my next and last month on accutane.

does it look like i won't be getting my last prescription on time? fuck.

can i expedite the process anyway? this is ridiculous.

When i called asking how the heck i was supposed to log in they said i had to wait for the mail from Ipledge which is sent out after your doctor registers you. But try giving them a call and see what they say.

my derm said something about waiting a month from when i sign up for ipledge till i can get accutane....i'm not sure if thats what she said...or even meant (she said it hastily on our way out of the office so didn't quite catch it) does that make any sense?

I went to the derm on feb. 27 and the nurse said she would put me in the computer register me, so I SHOULD have my password in a few weeks. Most dr. offices don't really know what is going on because they haven't been told. They are going through this for the first time too.

I was told the only way to get your password in the mail.

Tanglepants290 your derm may have been saying a month to cover her butt a little. It is suppose to take 2 weeks from the date the derms office registers you, but if they slack then you have to wait.

I went to the derm on feb. 27 and the nurse said she would put me in the computer register me, so I SHOULD have my password in a few weeks. Most dr. offices don't really know what is going on because they haven't been told. They are going through this for the first time too.

Tanglepants290 your derm may have been saying a month to cover her butt a little. It is suppose to take 2 weeks from the date the derms office registers you, but if they slack then you have to wait.

Thanks for the info. however, if I don't get my password in time for my next refill, will it hurt the effects of the medication if I have a week or so without taking it???

A-

Hmmm....the one pharmacy I went to they gave me tons of hassle to get my prescription and in the end I didn't and I was suppose to go back to my derm but the other pharmacy, I went to gave me it to me no probs and when I told them to story they didn't know what the hell I'm talking about and they just said they do the registration.

Thanks for the info. however, if I don't get my password in time for my next refill, will it hurt the effects of the medication if I have a week or so without taking it???

A-

You should be okay for a few days. I think they medication will stay in your system for about a week or two. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Remeber stress can cause breakouts :D .