Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
STEVEN1

bP and on tanning beds

iknow i asked this but wanted to bring it up go more answers if possible i use 2.5 bp once a day and a mouistiruzer with AHA now what can happen if i go to tanning beds , does anyone ehre go outside tanning or tanning beds on acne med's and can acne meds increase skin dmg by tanning machines that much.

most people here dont care.. but tanning is bad for you in the first place.. and using things like bp and ahas while tanning make things worse since they make your skin more sensitive to the sun.

Really a tanning bed is arguably no worse for your skin than BP. BP combined with tanning can be pretty harsh, but I do it. I just wash my face off right before I go tanning. A simple rinse with water. It doesn't purge your skin of all BP though, as the BP is absorbed into your skin and it does not just sit on the surface. Optimally you would want to tan every day and stop using BP completely, it will actually keep you clear.

People make tanning sound like it is the spawn of satan and it will give you cancer a week after you go. In reality tanning is more natural than BP use. A tanning bed is no different than exposure to the sun. If you lived in a tropical locale you would probably get more UV radiation than if you used a tanning bed every day.

the bp is different for every1, but with me, it tans my skin pretty dark. i stopped tanning right when i started the regimen (tryed tanning with it, but i burnt way too easily). people still think i go tanning. i do go once every wk or 2 to get my body a little darker to match my face. and i too only do the regimen at night, and i still burned big time. it didnt feel healthy.

Tanning beds dont cause my skin any harm, just makes me clear and wonderfully bronzed, I don't use them often, as abusing them can lead to cancer.

I swear I read a report in the news paper, that stated long term users of BP, are less effected by the negative effects of the sun i.e ageing, etc, and can I find any reference of it online? NO!

Grrrr

I swear I read a report in the news paper, that stated long term users of BP, are less effected by the negative effects of the sun i.e ageing, etc, and can I find any reference of it online? NO!

I would expect just the opposite to be true. I can't see BP being healthy for your skin by any means.

real maverick hmm i was kinda confused from your post u mean skin become stronger to things on long term use of bp and its harder for it to get skin cancer and other types of skin deseais on the face

I don't know about skin cancer, but it suggested that the skin was more resistant to the harmful effects of the skin, although I know it's more sensetive to becoming burnt while wearing BP on your face.

I guess its best to forget it, unless I can find the report.

No point in taking any advice on this issue, as you need to try it yourself, see how YOUR skin reacts.

you arent going to see the sun damage your skin instantly.. it doesnt work like that.. but your gonna really see the effects down the road.. you can count on it.. you can tell yourself.. "oh tannings good, it doesnt do anything but make me look better", but that wont be the case later.

http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/consumer/tanning.html

"Unfortunately, since the damage is not immediately visible, young people are often unaware of the dangers of tanning"

i don't tan, but a girl i work with uses 5%bp and she tans at least a couple times a week for 20 min and it doesn't bother her. i would be worried because it has been said that bp will increase your sensitivity to the sun, but it doesn't bother her. that probably wasn't much help, but i thought i would put my 2cent's in.

hey kei fujo does she use any SPF moustirizer or sunblock before she goes in? if so what type

i went tanning in the summer( i had nothing on my face but used a SA wash at the time i believe ) for 3 hours on the beach and i was a little burnt but got really tanned after , and ive been to tanning beds twice while i was on bp i think also ( but an proacitve knock off ) only at night i think but when i went only 2 times it didnt bother my skin

hey kei fujo does she use any SPF moustirizer or sunblock before she goes in? if so what type

i went tanning in the summer( i had nothing on my face but used a SA wash at the time i believe ) for 3 hours on the beach and i was a little burnt but got really tanned after , and ive been to tanning beds twice while i was on bp i think also ( but an proacitve knock off ) only at night i think but when i went only 2 times it didnt bother my skin

if you use something with spf before tanning, you just won't tan anywhere near as good/fast as if you use something without spf. defeat's the purpose. just use something without spf, but tan for a few less minutes.