Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Narco220

I had to Quit!

ok stuck out the regimen for 1 and a half months with no success at all.

I had mild acne to begin with so thought i'd give this a try to combat it and it started off well untill about 1 week in when i had a nasty break out more spots than i'd had on my face in years but i kept it up thinking this was the norm at this stage.

After 3 or 4 weeks the spots were still there and my skin felt like shit very sore and dry.

I'm now 2 days into just washing with water and thats it no bp gel no cleasner no moisturizor and my skins lookin great the spots are healing the red marks fadein.

Some people say it takes upto 3 months for it to work but it was just making my skin to bad compared to what i was use to.

products used: :wall:

Cetaphil Non irritating cleaner

csr gel

Eucerin dry skin relief cream or botanics oil free non pore clogging pore perfecting moisture lotion

Products using now:

WATER

Guest chon_bon

my friend says thats the best way. water. and he has great skin.

but i think he's lying.

sorry you felt you needed to quit.

Most people who hang in there, usually see positive results by month three.

If you want help figuring out what went wrong, let me know.

i found it helps to give my skin a break if it's getting really dry. for a day or two i use mild cleanser when washing it without the bp & all that. it helps but if you continue to only wash your face with water i really doubt your acne will go away. good luck though

Guest yahyah

Hiya x I really hope that just washing with water is sustainable for your acne.. unfortunately, alot of us realised that once we'd started the regimen it was very difficult to stop. Once you stop using BP, you skin does 'calm down' for the first couple of days, but within a week you could breakout even worse than before... it is a regimen of perserverance.. and yes, things get a lot worse before they get better... but its worth it in the long run.

I just don't see how water alone will keep you face clean. When your hands are dirty and you just wash them with water, not all of the dirt comes off. Your face is the same - especially with all the pollutants it deals with in the air, and of course, you touching your face etc during the day with potentially 'unclean' hands.

Maybe I'm just so used to washing my face with 'something' that just water alone wouldn't suffice

Hiya x I really hope that just washing with water is sustainable for your acne.. unfortunately, alot of us realised that once we'd started the regimen it was very difficult to stop. Once you stop using BP, you skin does 'calm down' for the first couple of days, but within a week you could breakout even worse than before... it is a regimen of perserverance.. and yes, things get a lot worse before they get better... but its worth it in the long run.

I just don't see how water alone will keep you face clean. When your hands are dirty and you just wash them with water, not all of the dirt comes off. Your face is the same - especially with all the pollutants it deals with in the air, and of course, you touching your face etc during the day with potentially 'unclean' hands.

Maybe I'm just so used to washing my face with 'something' that just water alone wouldn't suffice

Well im also going to be on oral medication for my skin and intend on using a facial scrub twice a week along with using the steam room at my gym at least 3 times a week.

Anythin els i use just cloggs my pores even when the product says non pore clogging it still blocks them.

I also hated the fact that i had to put all them substances on my skin with the regimen theres no way that can be healthy in the long run.

The only moisturizer im goin to be using from now on is Eucerin dry skin relief cream and thats only goin to be aplied after shaving.

but i think he's lying.

if someone has great skin with only using water.. its because they were born with great skin.. water isnt going to do much for people who have problem skin.

The regimen is always here for you if you want to come back to it. Many many people say it takes 3 months or so to work, so patience is key. Also, being strictly on the regimen is also important. Your products are spot on, but it's worth it to re-watch the videos and re-read the regimen just to see if you were following it precisely. Also, http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html is a good read.

In my experience, I have found time and time again that medicating with BP is superior to not, regardless of what else I'm trying.

Guest yahyah

Well im also going to be on oral medication for my skin and intend on using a facial scrub twice a week along with using the steam room at my gym at least 3 times a week.

Anythin els i use just cloggs my pores even when the product says non pore clogging it still blocks them.

I also hated the fact that i had to put all them substances on my skin with the regimen theres no way that can be healthy in the long run.

The only moisturizer im goin to be using from now on is Eucerin dry skin relief cream and thats only goin to be aplied after shaving.

The only chemicals you're putting on your skin is the BP, and the regimen isn't meant to be for life! Yes, some people with genetically caused acne will use the regimen for a really really long time (if not forever) to keep their acne at bay, but for the majority of people the regimen is just temporary - even if temporary is a year or so. To be fair, BP isn't exactly worse for you then smoking/drinking etc, its just a harsh topical that will cure your acne for good. The regimen has cleared my acne (coupled with a better diet/greater intake of vitamins, drinking water, and learning to be nicer to my skin) after 4 and a half months.. and looking back my acne really was at the far end of the moderate scale. Now, I don't have perfectly clear skin, but then again i never did before i developed 'acne', just the odd spot that is barely noticable. Give the regimen another go, just moisturise loads and loads.. and expect it to take at least 3 months before you see substantial improvement.

hi!! i´m new here. Well, first of all i wanna recommend you guys NOT to use Clear & Clear Advantage products (it caused me an awful irritation and tons of little pimples around my mouth).. okk , i´ve already said it :razz:

what i would really really like to know is if the regime helps acne marks disappear .. does it? or, at least if it can help stopping zits from coming out without making marks worse

well.. thats all for now, thanks a lot!!

post-37845-1141521876_thumb.jpg

post-37845-1141521876_thumb.jpg

but i think he's lying.

I used to be able to just wash with soaqp and water, but I found the older I got , this did not work so well. Now I use Nutragena face soap and On the spot with 2.5% bp. with a mild moisurizer. It works pretty well for me. I used to get pretty bad breakouts. Not so bad anymore. Nothing I can't handle anyway. :)

hi!! i´m new here. Well, first of all i wanna recommend you guys NOT to use Clear & Clear Advantage products (it caused me an awful irritation and tons of little pimples around my mouth).. okk , i´ve already said it :razz:

what i would really really like to know is if the regime helps acne marks disappear .. does it? or, at least if it can help stopping zits from coming out without making marks worse

well.. thats all for now, thanks a lot!!

Hi Carlos,

and welcome!

If by "acne marks" you are talking about the reddish spots that are left after a pimple heals, then no, the Regimen is not designed to rid those. The Regimen will help clear up active acne, and prevent future acne, which will help you not get those spots in the future. Those marks will usually fade in time, although it can take several months.

Hope this helps.

well, that's one hotly debated thing.

Some people say that benzoyl peroxide delays resolution of those red marks, while others say it doesn't alter the rate at which they heal.

Personally, I don't know. I think it has alot to do with each persons individual rate of healing, and condition of the skin.

Sorry I can't give you a definite answer, as this is argued about all the time.

In my experience, no, it does not make them worse.

Hi Carlos, no, Neutrogena doesn't help heal marks, no BP product does.

If anything, they hinder, but not for everybody, if you want to rid red marks, AHA etc are better.

Gee, if I quit after 1 month, I'd still have a face full of pimples.

IT TOOK ME ALMOST A YEAR until I was totally clear. I was at my wit's end; tried Retin A and everything else under the sun. I believed in my heart this would work for me, and I made a contract with myself to stick it out for a YEAR no matter what.

To give you some background I had what I personally consider to be moderate to severe acne. Aside from breaking out in "normal" pimples everywhere, I also had nasty cystic acne around my jawline. I've heard BP does NOT heal cystic acne. Well I proved them wrong. The first month I was itchy and red as a beet. I still didn't give up. The second month the redness went away and a very slight improvement in acne. By month six I was almost totally clear except for the cystic acne around my jawline. It took until month 9 for the cysts to begin to clear. By one year I was almost clear.

Now over five years later I am totally clear, except when I get lazy and forget to put on my BP twice a day.

I am living proof that BP not only heals acne, but cystic acne as well. I just believe people don't stick it out in acne studies for long enough for this to be proven.

I might add I moisturized religiously and also did use mechanical means of exfoliation (at home scrubs, at home microdermabrasion, etc.). Also, sunscreen every morning.

BP rocks.

I agree with lavenderlilacs! It has taken me 7 or 8 months to clear my train wreck of skin up. I'm so eternally grateful that I did not stop after a month or two! And I'm really not going to stop now!